Cbr 150 Ride

vato357

Any CBR 150 riders want to go exploring around Chiang Mai? Was thinking of going to Pai since I've never been there before. I've ridden the Samoeng loop, Obkhan park, and around Pa Sang, so if you have any alternative destinations I'd be glad to take the journey, really interested in seeing dramatic mountain views.

If going to Pai, I may end up staying over night and killing a few lot of beers depending on how long it takes to get there.

Cruising speed around 80-110 kph, with speed burst up to 130 kph when road conditions allow it . Over all just a nice relaxing ride to explore the country side, not looking to ride competitively.

Probably meet up at the Coffee shop in the Shell gas station on Huaykaew Road on Wednesday July 27th at around 10am and leave at 1030am. If you need more time I can go again Saturday, weather permitting on both days.

NSR 150, D-Trackers and maybe KSR and KLX are ok, but not sure if your bikes can keep up with out pushing them to the limit and may be too dangerous for you.

Edited by vato357

Don't think you'll be doing much 80-110 on the road to Pai mate.

If you've not made the trip before I would advise caution. The road is very very twisty which is all good but when you factor in Thai trucks and coaches on your side of the road and rainy season it suddenly becomes hard work.

None the less, have a great ride out.

Probably just end up riding up Doi Suthep on Wednesday, see what happens afterwards.

CBR150 ride up Doi Suthep Wednesday !

Shell 1015am.

I'll go to pai sometimes next month .

but I want to join on Doi suthep climbing on wednesday .

Only question , whice Shell , one in front of Maharaj hospital ?or you mean Ptt at CMU sidegate?

Is the road more twisty than the Samoeng loop?

Just a little lol.

Have you seen the T-shirts people wear who have been to Pai? They boast a total of 762 curves on the road there.

There is an off-road way from the bottom of Samoeng but I wouldn't recommend attempting it on your CBR to be fair, especially at this wet time of year

Probably just end up riding up Doi Suthep on Wednesday, see what happens afterwards.

Shell 1015am.

Only question , whice Shell , one in front of Maharaj hospital ?or you mean Ptt at CMU sidegate?

Hi, the Shell on Huay Kaew road, down the street from Kad Suan Kaew shopping center.

Pai next month would probably be better for me also.

Just a little lol.

Have you seen the T-shirts people wear who have been to Pai? They boast a total of 762 curves on the road there.

There is an off-road way from the bottom of Samoeng but I wouldn't recommend attempting it on your CBR to be fair, especially at this wet time of year

That's a lot of curves !

Shell 1015am.

Hi, the Shell on Huay Kaew road, down the street from Kad Suan Kaew shopping center.

Pai next month would probably be better for me also.

ah sorry , I missed that line in your op.

Pai next month , yeah , but I do have a "living luggage" on my back seat , may be I won't be able to keep up with you.

I'll be at shell's coffee shop by 10 , all black cbr

see you there

Just a little lol.

That's a lot of curves !

it'a nothing compare to 1864 sickening curves to Mae hong son.

have to stop time to time to vomit!

Just a little lol.

That's a lot of curves !

I'm sure 762 of the 1864 are the route through Pai if I'm not mistaken lol. Might do Mae Hong Son this weekend now you mentioned it lol

Just a little lol.

That's a lot of curves !

Just done the loop but cut off left from the 108 and around the back of Doi Inthanon as well for a few extra curves. (no i didn't count them lol).

Have to agree about the sickening bit, stopped a few times to clear my head a bit.

The good part was staying in Mae Hong Son overnight. Saw Carabao in a park about 5 min from my hotel. After a few beers I returned to the hotel to find the restaurant also doubled up as a very busy nightclub. Had a fab night and topped it off watching two groups of Thai's brawling in the street once the nightclub closed.

For a moment I thought I was back home lol

I would love to find a group to go ride with once a month when I can get time off work. I am in the CM area

Day trips, over nighters, or even week long or longer loops of Thailand (December I want to do a 2 week loop of all of Thailand on a Wave 110)

I do have a older style Repsol CBR150 with 25,000 km that has been all over Thailand twice or more, but I also have quicker NSR150, D Tracker, and Ninja, as well as PCX and other scooters

Clearly it is more the rider than the bike. I have been with Busa groups and other Big bike groups and keep up or ahead of them, then to be passed again on the next long straight away !

It is all about the ride, I usually do 400 - 600 km a day, but if I have somewhere to be I have done 1300 km days and more.

IF your group is one beer stop to the next beer stop, count me out. In Thailand, riding takes 100% to keep safe. After the ride, what you do is up to you. Durring the ride keep a clear head and be smart.

From what I have found over the last few years, A "My kind of bike" only group is harder to have regular rides. Keep it open, we are all riders !

And if a date and time and ride is set, this change change change thing doesn't work. I schedule days off and do some planning with work and the misses

Keep me posted :rolleyes:

IF your group is one beer stop to the next beer stop, count me out. In Thailand, riding takes 100% to keep safe. After the ride, what you do is up to you. Durring the ride keep a clear head and be smart.

I like this part :D