Mustard Greens And Swiss Chard

bubbaba

Hey Baba bub. Yes. Many places, Anyway you want. Are those the answers you want. There are many varities of greens that are grown here and really if you want specific types of mustard and chard you would probaly be better off buying these by mail from your home country though obviously it will increase your cost. Do as many do here and have friends or acquaintances who are coming bring them in and then delivery or mail from inside Thailand as a bunch of foreign correspondeces will be stolen from the mail system depending on where you live. Go to your local feed stores or bigger nurseries if you wnat to plant immediately and look at the photos of the Asian greens and see if something looks like you what you might want to try and in less than a month you can be trying some very similar or pleasantly different types. My favorite way to eat is any way they are brought to me. Greens mashed with potatoes is an amazing world wide favorite (or at least I've seen it it Croatia, Italy, Kenya, California and even Burriram at least at our house). My favorite with the chard is in small raviolis with a lot of fresh thyme a tiny bit of egg a dusting of parmesan and romano and barely even a sniff of pork). Greens are essential to minnestrone Genovese, never ever use stalky cabbage types, this is the type of soup that is green not red and has a strong basil base. I'm hungry so that's all got to go. Frying and Fixing Food on a Ford Forever

Edited by Foreverford

• 1 month later...

I haven't grown any Swiss Chard but have had great success with mustard greens. Essential to use shade cloth so the plants don't bolt and become bitter. Pick the larger leaves off each plant regularly to encourage growth. Leaves can be eaten raw in a salad or boiled until tender.