Its Not Scotch Pies But...

smokie36

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

not having a pint while watching the match has never really bothered me that much to be honest. i'd only spill it anyway. i'm more pissed off at not being able to have a fag while watching.

Yeah this gets stricter every year...must be all the dogooders complaining. Old Trafford was pretty good at turning a blind eye...not been for a couple of years though.....WHL no chance now. Good pies mind...

Clubs don't provide areas cos it detracts from you queueing up to buy stuff from them....how long before they start confiscating your sarnies before entering?

not having a pint while watching the match has never really bothered me that much to be honest. i'd only spill it anyway. i'm more pissed off at not being able to have a fag while watching.

Yeah this gets stricter every year...must be all the dogooders complaining. Old Trafford was pretty good at turning a blind eye...not been for a couple of years though.....WHL no chance now. Good pies mind...

Clubs don't provide areas cos it detracts from you queueing up to buy stuff from them....how long before they start confiscating your sarnies before entering?

you take sarnies to the match smokie? jesus how old are you? chequered blanket and thermos flask as well is it? ;)

lot of the aways i went on before moving out here it used to be that all the smokers would leg it into the bogs at half time and puff furiously on two or three cigs during the break. the queue for the bogs was such that it meant stewards didn't even bother going in to tell people to stop. also meant that the pissers were absolutely vile places for non-smokers during HT.

you take sarnies to the match smokie? jesus how old are you? chequered blanket and thermos flask as well is it? ;)

lot of the aways i went on before moving out here it used to be that all the smokers would leg it into the bogs at half time and puff furiously on two or three cigs during the break. the queue for the bogs was such that it meant stewards didn't even bother going in to tell people to stop. also meant that the pissers were absolutely vile places for non-smokers during HT.

Sure...saves queueing up and leaves more time for a crafty smoke. Ok I admit it...I'm tight as...biggrin.gif

Sure...saves queueing up and leaves more time for a crafty smoke. Ok I admit it...I'm tight as...biggrin.gif

Gone are the days when it was more than going to just watch the footie,getting arseholed with your mates in the local after a meet at the cafe for a beer soaking FUL MONTY,buying pie and chips outside the ground,eating it while queing to pay in! rolling around the United road smoking anything you could get hold of,pissing in the paper or the programme where you stood and juggling the two or three pints that you managed to buy at half-time that is if you never took a bottle of scotch in with you.Then stumble into town for a chinky or a ruby and end up at brahmz and lizts or the ritz :lol: for the ten to twos!! somethings i do miss about Manchester...the craic!

Forgot to add waking up somewhere with somebody you didn't know and then getting back to the local for 12 opening time to discuss the weekends highlights and who got nicked,who got screwed or who got nailed!!!

Great times! :D

Edited by MrRed

How could i forget the Hacienda!! :blink: :blink:

I suppose you remember the reno and the nile in moss side also then :D big alex?

The Grapes is a great little boozer in Liverpool

Edited by MrRed

end up at brahmz and lizts or the ritz :lol: for the ten to twos!!

Not forgetting Pips, Hacienda and Placemate 7. Fond, fond memories :D

And here's one for stevie. Do you remember The She Club in Liverpool? Got lucky on many occasion in there. :D

heh. i know the she mate, yeah. that and the grafton were known as the only places in town where the women bought the blokes the drinks. :)

had some boss nights at the hacienda as a younger man.

How could i forget the Hacienda!! :blink: :blink:

same reasons as shaun ryder and thousands of others? ;)

<deleted> was well shut by the time I reached Manchester in 2005. Had to content myself with a few bands up an' down the Oxford Rd etc.....and a decent DJ session in the Northern Quarter.....good fun the Manc scene.....great people.

@Mr Red....I used to use the Brahms and Liszt in Bath St in Glasgow back then....Manchester chose to turn down my application back in '89....Barstards mind I doubt I'd have got any studying done....call the cops....

Great post btw....