Non Immi B Vs Marriage Visa?

Hi All

I have been living here now for about 4 years and staying on a Multiple Non Immigration B Visa. It recently ran out and I have been doing the month to month visa runs as I have not had time to go back home for another visa. I know this does not look good on my passport. The other reason I havent gone back home is because of my marriage to a Thai Lady which took place last week.

I am now not sure what visa to go for. Should I go for the marriage visa and then I understand I dont need to go out for a year? I have 400k in the bank and i have more than 60k a month coming into my accounts from overseas. Are the marriage visas easy to get ? How long does it take and do you need to go out of the country to get one? We as yet have not registered the marriage as I have been worried about my new wife losing rights as a Thai citizen because she has married a farang. Are my concerns real? I have been told she can no longer buy property or own property and that the Banks will not give her loans as she is married to a farang. Are these stories true. What is the upsides and downsides of registering the marriage.

Any input would be appreciated.

Regards

JT65

Hi All Hi

I have been living here now for about 4 years and staying on a Multiple Non Immigration B Visa.  It recently ran out and I have been doing the month to month visa runs as I have not had time to go back home for another visa. You can get a visa in this country(Thailand) I know this does not look good on my passport. The other reason I havent gone back home is because of my marriage to a Thai Lady which took place last week.

I am now not sure what visa to go for. Should I go for the marriage visa and then I understand I dont need to go out for a year? True I have 400k in the bank and i have more than 60k a month coming into my accounts from overseas. Are the marriage visas easy to get ?  How long does it take and do you need to go out of the country to get one? Doesn't take long - go down to immigration with the necessary docs. - many threads here about it - search We as yet have not registered the marriage as I have been worried about my new wife losing rights as a Thai citizen  because she has married a farang. Lose what rights?none that I can think of. ? Are my concerns real?  I have been told she can no longer buy property or own property and that the Banks will not give her loans as she is married to a farang. Nonsense  Are these stories true. NO What is the upsides and downsides of registering the marriage. Divorce

Any input would be appreciated.

Regards

JT65

ABC

a. Register the marriage.

b. Apply for a non immigrant O visa using marriage certificate/copy of wife ID card from Consulate in Penang (or most other locations except Cambodia).

c. After 60 days of the 90 day stay take wife/bank letter/etc. to immigration and apply for extension of stay Tm.7 on the basis of supporting a Thai wife.

((You can not obtain a visa inside Thailand - only change a visa you already have - as you do not have one you will have to get from a Consulate))