Generator Repair

I have a fairly new generator from Home Pro. Not started for sometime, seems to be not getting fuel. Anyone out there to have a look or recommendation please.

Thanks

PS Not interested in taking back to Home Pro as they will send it away & it weighs half a Ton.

I assume it's a petrol a couple of quick thing to check pull of the hose going to carburetor make sure fuel running if there is put back. Then take off air filter pour a small amount of fuel in to carburetor leave air filter off and give a pull on starter..

I assume it's a petrol a couple of quick thing to check pull of the hose going to carburetor make sure fuel running if there is put back. Then take off air filter pour a small amount of fuel in to carburetor leave air filter off and give a pull on starter..

Poured petrol down the carby , worked. In line filter has fuel, so must be between filter & carby, might even be the filter.Will take apart again lol.

If it hasn't been used for a long time it is possible that components present in the fuel have clogged up the carburetor. Fuel becomes sticky like gum over time and leaves behind a resin like layer. Clean the carb, and see what happens.

Forgot; Use brake cleaner spray for cleaning the carb, works just fine for these kind of problems.

Edited by Carib