'Bringing The Good Guy Back' - Supporters Plan Birthday Bash For Thaksin

webfact

I can't believe any country would ever honor a liar, cheater, and thief with a likeness in a classroom to serve as a role model to children as someone pointed out. Unless of course said would be despot ordered it so, or else.

blink.gif

Wait and see what happens next..............

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Birthday Thaksin !! And please ignore the silly comments made by my fellow foreigners who don't like you. Not all of us hate you.

And when you do come back to take power again, please don't draft in new laws that will make it a bit more difficult for us foreigners to stay in your country. I mean, you might be tempted to do something a bit nasty after your staff have noticed all the comments on Thai Visa. But, I know that you are a man of mercy and forgiveness. After all, those generals who removed you from power in a coup back in 2006, well, it seems like you never really punished them. If this was back in my country, well, there's definitely a punishment when people do a coup.

Oh sorry, I've just realised, you're suppose to be already back in power ??!! Anyway, I'm on Thai Visa right now, and I wish you happiness, good health and good fortune !!

From Tonbridgebrit !!

A crackdown by whom?

The yellows had 5 years to investigate this and pin it on Thaksin...but they didn't.

Oh boy, this thread's going to be fun! How the Thaksin haters will be seething! :cheesy:

(..and saying it will never happen, just like the election result. :D)

there will be at least 2500 families who were victims of this 'good guy' and his crackdown on dealers, who will not be celebrating! 1400 killed were innocent of any drug dealing.

I reckon if they want to bring Thaksin back, they should go for a more subtle, low-key approach.

It really does seem they want to crack this nut with a seldgehammer. Wierd, considering the $$$$ they have for strategists.

Still - just an opinion. Maybe this is the right strategy.

I just spent an hour on the toilet, in celebration of Thaksin's birthday. It seemed like the most fitting way to honor a man who's insatiable need for power has cost so many innocents their lives.

I'm not going to bother with a response like this now, because there's no <deleted> way it'll top this one!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I hope you were careful about blowback. laugh.gif

Clearly creating yet another financial opportunity for the people of Thailand, if Thaksin supporters keep this up........ pharmaceutical shares will soar.......

All the Thaksin haters reaching for their expensive blood pressure tablets........don't worry about the minimum wage.......buy your shares now....:D

Edited by 473geo

There's been controversy over the title- Maharaja (the Great) - added to his name for this birthday- only 7 Thais in history such as King Ramkhamhaeng and Rama V have this honorific title included in this name.

Tida and Noppadon said the red shirts had nothing to do with it and claimed it was the work of a disgruntled ex Pheua Thai MP trying to discredit Thaksin.

But they would say that, wouldn't they?

Actually I think you'll find the word being proposed is "Maharashtra", "the great Nation" and it was to be used to name the ceremony, not added to Thaksins name, but apart from that completely correct :realangry: .

The Democrats and Suthep in particular, being who they are, are trying to spin this into a "See, I told you all reds are not loyal to Royalty" statement because "Maharaja" and "Mahrashtra" allegedly sound the same. Apparently Thaksin isn't too pleased with the naming of the event anyway, presumably because he knew his opponents would clutch at any straws to attack him.

If the Democrats spent this time being introspective instead of attacking all the time they may just find out how to be elected sometime this century.

I can't believe any country would ever honor a liar, cheater, and thief with a likeness in a classroom to serve as a role model to children as someone pointed out. Unless of course said would be despot ordered it so, or else.

blink.gif

Good point. Thaksin's hand has suddenly become a lot stronger and arguably the strongest since he was ousted, while that of his opponents is a lot lot weaker. One way or another it seems the future will involve Thaksin.

blink.gif

Good point. Thaksin's hand has suddenly become a lot stronger and arguably the strongest since he was ousted, while that of his opponents is a lot lot weaker. One way or another it seems the future will involve Thaksin.

I'm sure he's enjoying this as much as possible, and I'm sure his enemies are rifling, no pun intended, through their drawers for those darned Thaksin bullets they seem to have misplaced.

cool.gif

PT is nicely on it's way showing the world it's nothing more then a charade... A circus for us all to enjoy until something more interesting comes along (like Thailand's got Talent biggrin.gif ) and PT gets pushed to the side lines once more.

Like Taksin or not, it's getting harder and harder to take these clowns seriously. jap.gif

" He added that Thaksin has prepared a big surprise for his supporters on his birthday"

His suicide would be good.

Wishful thinking!

'Bringing the good guy back', they MOCK the Thais, just like his 'ample rich' company, etc etc. And they lap it up.

'Big surprise' sounds ominous as always from Mr.T; more 'Gaul' than Asterix!

Happy Birthday Thaksin !! And please ignore the silly comments made by my fellow foreigners who don't like you. Not all of us hate you.

And when you do come back to take power again, please don't draft in new laws that will make it a bit more difficult for us foreigners to stay in your country. I mean, you might be tempted to do something a bit nasty after your staff have noticed all the comments on Thai Visa. But, I know that you are a man of mercy and forgiveness. After all, those generals who removed you from power in a coup back in 2006, well, it seems like you never really punished them. If this was back in my country, well, there's definitely a punishment when people do a coup.

Oh sorry, I've just realised, you're suppose to be already back in power ??!! Anyway, I'm on Thai Visa right now, and I wish you happiness, good health and good fortune !!

From Tonbridgebrit !!

Haha lick his taint a little bit more, I think you missed a spot or two!:lol:

Is the reason so many of you are angry because you fear not having access to the free food at the celebrations?

I'm sure there will be plenty of FREE CAKE for all. So, turn those frowns upside down.because You Can't Stop The Music.

No time for cake, Thaksin is far too busy putting together his new death squads. The blood of the innocents he has killed will pour down on him in hell.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Thaksin! All the best! Sincerely!

I hope you are acquitted of these charges against you, brought on from a voter-ousted government.

I hope malevolent people stop accusing you of the 30 bahts deal. You were only trying to help. It didn't work. Government healthcare is an impossibility. But you tried, and at least we can respect that.

I hope malevolent people stop accusing you of being a murderer of innocent victims during the so called "extra-judicial" killings. You are not guilty, as there is no court anywhere in the world that has formally charged you with this crime. To say any otherwise, and to hope that you commit suicide, or to hope for your untimely death is what I believe would be a violation of TV rules, as well as the laws of this Kingdom.

According to Wikipedia: "King Bhumibol, in an equivocal 2003 birthday speech, appeared to support the war on drugs, although he did ask the commander of the police to investigate the killings. Funny thing that "Police Commander Sant Sarutanond reopened investigations into the deaths, and again claimed that few of the deaths were at the hands of the police." (Note: I use the quote about His Majesty the King with the utmost respect and reverence, as a means to quote what is reported to have taken place. It does certainly lend some credibility towards my views of people who blame Thaksin, when what Thaksin was doing at the time "appeared" to have such auspicious support.)

And even again, After the 2006 coup, the military junta ordered another investigation into the anti-drug campaign. The committee concluded that as many as 1400 of the 2500 killed had no link to drugs. However, while giving the(ir) opinion that orders to kill came from the top, the panel failed to establish sufficient evidence to charge Thaksin or anybody in the Cabinet or police force with the murders.

Note: Junta: a council or committee for political or governmental purposes; especially : a group of persons controlling a government especially after a revolutionary seizure of power.

Could it be that the panel couldn't take revenge for their business associates deaths, or their businesses loss of profits? Who is to say? Not me, certainly. I am only making an opinionated guess.

One of the reasons that the drug business is so successful is that the people who deal drugs are not the sort of people you would ever notice, hence the success of it. When these people have the bee-jeezus scared out of them for being ended for poisoning and killing children, is it any wonder that a lot of unsuspecting and so-called innocent people die, and according to court record, NOT at the hands of the police! You saved a lot of lives of children by doing this, and if even one child was spared being a victim of drugs, then I also support that war on drugs. There will always be collateral damage when rooting out something as evil and filthy as drug dealers.

So what does it mean? Does it bother my conscious that Thaksin may be responsible for some collateral damage? Certainly. Collateral damage is the result of all operations that uproot evil against the betterment of humankind. The leaders with the courage to do this always face the blame and bear the burden. Do I think it bothers Mr. Thaksin when he takes a moment and really reflects upon those difficult times? Oh yes!

On the other hand, it make me happy that Thaksin gave the drug dealers a bloody nose, scared the crap out of them so much so that they were killing each other off to prevent snitches and weak links from striking deals with the police to avoid jail time and exposing the bad-uns'. "Innocent" people were dying. Some, but not all. The rest I add up to being involved. But no one is going to express this without exposing their knowledge of the process, or make themselves a target even to this day! Got it?

It makes me happy that the percentage of kids growing up in a drug free soi drastically went up, because the scum went underground, or were eliminated. I'll take a happy reality over my bothered conscience any day, and so would any other decent human being. We're not dealing with a black and white situation here, and he had the cojones to do what other government simply play paddy fingers with.

So now that I've taken the stuffing out of your banal arguments, you know where I stand on this issue. I feel I am being fair about it, and my realistic and plausible views are enough to unravel your malevolent and ignorant display of cowardice towards a man of mystery, who not many of us will ever really be able to judge with certainty in this land of adding / editing / deleting of the truth; due to the fact that corruption is a tool of living successfully here.

This, of course, is my opinion. Please don't bother defending yourselves. You have already made it clear in no uncertain terms, and I am surprised at some of these posts being tolerated, considering the nature and origin of their intent towards a Thai citizen; one who is seeking his redemption as best as he knows how, while legally residing in a country that legally allows him to. Otherwise, send in the special forces and get him back. Oh! It's not worth it that much? At least the man has candor for not spilling all the goods on his accusers. It seems he has the honor to keep his mouth closed against what he would certainly know about his accusers, and yet doesn't say a thing. What? No respect for that much at least? Even fellow inmates follow that code of honor! I believe his accusers know thy are in the wrong when compared to their deeds, and secretly respect their opponent in his silence. I do.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

I hope you are acquitted of these charges against you, brought on from a voter-ousted government.

I hope malevolent people stop accusing you of the 30 bahts deal. You were only trying to help. It didn't work. Government healthcare is an impossibility. But you tried, and at least we can respect that.

I hope malevolent people stop accusing you of being a murderer of innocent victims during the so called "extra-judicial" killings. You are not guilty, as there is no court anywhere in the world that has formally charged you with this crime. To say any otherwise, and to hope that you commit suicide, or to hope for your untimely death is what I believe would be a violation of TV rules, as well as the laws of this Kingdom.

According to Wikipedia: "King Bhumibol, in an equivocal 2003 birthday speech, appeared to support the war on drugs, although he did ask the commander of the police to investigate the killings. Funny thing that "Police Commander Sant Sarutanond reopened investigations into the deaths, and again claimed that few of the deaths were at the hands of the police." (Note: I use the quote about His Majesty the King with the utmost respect and reverence, as a means to quote what is reported to have taken place. It does certainly lend some credibility towards my views of people who blame Thaksin, when what Thaksin was doing at the time "appeared" to have such auspicious support.)

And even again, After the 2006 coup, the military junta ordered another investigation into the anti-drug campaign. The committee concluded that as many as 1400 of the 2500 killed had no link to drugs. However, while giving the(ir) opinion that orders to kill came from the top, the panel failed to establish sufficient evidence to charge Thaksin or anybody in the Cabinet or police force with the murders.

Note: Junta: a council or committee for political or governmental purposes; especially : a group of persons controlling a government especially after a revolutionary seizure of power.

Could it be that the panel couldn't take revenge for their business associates deaths, or their businesses loss of profits? Who is to say? Not me, certainly. I am only making an opinionated guess.

One of the reasons that the drug business is so successful is that the people who deal drugs are not the sort of people you would ever notice, hence the success of it. When these people have the bee-jeezus scared out of them for being ended for poisoning and killing children, is it any wonder that a lot of unsuspecting and so-called innocent people die, and according to court record, NOT at the hands of the police! You saved a lot of lives of children by doing this, and if even one child was spared being a victim of drugs, then I also support that war on drugs. There will always be collateral damage when rooting out something as evil and filthy as drug dealers.

So what does it mean? Does it bother my conscious that Thaksin may be responsible for some collateral damage? Certainly. Collateral damage is the result of all operations that uproot evil against the betterment of humankind. The leaders with the courage to do this always face the blame and bear the burden. Do I think it bothers Mr. Thaksin when he takes a moment and really reflects upon those difficult times? Oh yes!

On the other hand, it make me happy that Thaksin gave the drug dealers a bloody nose, scared the crap out of them so much so that they were killing each other off to prevent snitches and weak links from striking deals with the police to avoid jail time and exposing the bad-uns'. "Innocent" people were dying. Some, but not all. The rest I add up to being involved. But no one is going to express this without exposing their knowledge of the process, or make themselves a target even to this day! Got it?

It makes me happy that the percentage of kids growing up in a drug free soi drastically went up, because the scum went underground, or were eliminated. I'll take a happy reality over my bothered conscience any day, and so would any other decent human being. We're not dealing with a black and white situation here, and he had the cojones to do what other government simply play paddy fingers with.

So now that I've taken the stuffing out of your banal arguments, you know where I stand on this issue. I feel I am being fair about it, and my realistic and plausible views are enough to unravel your malevolent and ignorant display of cowardice towards a man of mystery, who not many of us will ever really be able to judge with certainty in this land of adding / editing / deleting of the truth; due to the fact that corruption is a tool of living successfully here.

This, of course, is my opinion. Please don't bother defending yourselves. You have already made it clear in no uncertain terms, and I am surprised at some of these posts being tolerated, considering the nature and origin of their intent towards a Thai citizen; one who is seeking his redemption as best as he knows how, while legally residing in a country that legally allows him to. Otherwise, send in the special forces and get him back. Oh! It's not worth it that much? At least the man has candor for not spilling all the goods on his accusers. It seems he has the honor to keep his mouth closed against what he would certainly know about his accusers, and yet doesn't say a thing. What? No respect for that much at least? Even fellow inmates follow that code of honor! I believe his accusers know thy are in the wrong when compared to their deeds, and secretly respect their opponent in his silence. I do.

Well written and mostly incorrect unfortunately. He is a crook, and he's capable of doing one of the lowest things of all. He'll sell his own country to other nations and foreigners profit, along with himself of course, but not many regular citizens. It's pretty bad.

dry.gif

etc.

Well written and mostly incorrect unfortunately. He is a crook, and he's capable of doing one of the lowest things of all. He'll sell his own country to other nations and foreigners profit, along with himself of course, but not many regular citizens. It's pretty bad.

dry.gif

It is my strong view that I am not incorrect or correct, because it is my opinion, outlined with facts and data. I have that right to express without my opinion being labeled either way, albeit I would like to be correct. Time will tell, I hope. I merely submit a tone that one does not often get to view when the issue of Mr. Thaksin comes up.

The view that selling out one's country is bad is an obsolete one. Welcome to reality: countries now ran by Corporation, Inc. and practically all the politicians being former members, or honorary members of implied corporations. You're describing a double standard that exists everywhere where it matters most. That inference makes your comment without value in my opinion. You are also doing what I have made clear; singling out Thaksin as a pariah above all pariahs. That, my fellow, is not necessarily the case, and you will be hard put to defend that in the court of sound reason.

Not everything that is right and wrong is written in the books, nor at the given responsibility or liberty of those in power to make absolute for all generations. An increase in the world's corruption and questionable deeds makes for an increase in forgiveness and compassion, or else we will all turn on each other and rip each other into shreds.

Supporters Celebrate Thaksin's Birthday

A large number of red-shirt supporters in many provinces are planning a huge celebration to commemorate former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's 62nd birthday.

In Lamphun Province, the Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship or DAAD co-ordinator, Sunai Jansawng, along with almost 300 red-shirt people offered alms to 62 monks.

The merit-making event was organized to celebrate the 62nd birthday of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra tomorrow.

The red-shirt supporters in Lamphun then traveled to Don Jan Temple in Muang District to join their counterparts in Chiang Mai in another merit- making ceremony.

A similar event was held at Rong Dhamma Samakkee Temple in Chiang Mai to celebrate Thaksin's birthday.

A source reported that Thaksin's relative Chansom Shinwawatra and a large number of Pheu Thai MPs, along with Thaksin supporters attended the merit-making event at the temple.

Meanwhile, Rak Chiang Mai 51 group will hold a merit-making event at Sri Boon Ruang Temple to celebrate Thaksin's birthday.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-07-26

footer_n.gif

etc.

dry.gif

It is my strong view that I am not incorrect or correct, because it is my opinion, outlined with facts and data. I have that right to express without my opinion being labeled either way, albeit I would like to be correct. Time will tell, I hope. I merely submit a tone that one does not often get to view when the issue of Mr. Thaksin comes up.

The view that selling out one's country is bad is an obsolete one. Welcome to reality: countries now ran by Corporation, Inc. and practically all the politicians being former members, or honorary members of implied corporations. You're describing a double standard that exists everywhere where it matters most. That inference makes your comment without value in my opinion. You are also doing what I have made clear; singling out Thaksin as a pariah above all pariahs. That, my fellow, is not necessarily the case, and you will be hard put to defend that in the court of sound reason.

Not everything that is right and wrong is written in the books, nor at the given responsibility or liberty of those in power to make absolute for all generations. An increase in the world's corruption and questionable deeds makes for an increase in forgiveness and compassion, or else we will all turn on each other and rip each other into shreds.

Pariah - yes true.

Massive human rights abuser - true and fact rather than opinion.

Supporters Celebrate Thaksin's Birthday

A large number of red-shirt supporters in many provinces are planning a huge celebration to commemorate former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's 62nd birthday.

In Lamphun Province, the Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship or DAAD co-ordinator, Sunai Jansawng, along with almost 300 red-shirt people offered alms to 62 monks.

The merit-making event was organized to celebrate the 62nd birthday of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra tomorrow.

The red-shirt supporters in Lamphun then traveled to Don Jan Temple in Muang District to join their counterparts in Chiang Mai in another merit- making ceremony.

A similar event was held at Rong Dhamma Samakkee Temple in Chiang Mai to celebrate Thaksin's birthday.

A source reported that Thaksin's relative Chansom Shinwawatra and a large number of Pheu Thai MPs, along with Thaksin supporters attended the merit-making event at the temple.

Meanwhile, Rak Chiang Mai 51 group will hold a merit-making event at Sri Boon Ruang Temple to celebrate Thaksin's birthday.

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

Curious, but wouldn't it constitute religion condoning said criminal, and opposing said criminal convictions, by allowing said celebrations to be held within the confines of said Buddhist temple locations?

Is that a political, religious, or pagan stand?

Certainly these celebrations would not be held in Mr. Vejjajiva's residence for obvious considerations. Why no consideration over this?

Is there a yellow shirt celebration immediately following this one, in order to burn Mr. Thaksin in effigy?

It reminds me of the retail selling of Jesus junk in the USA.

Where do the monks play in all this?

etc.

dry.gif

Pariah - yes true.

Massive human rights abuser - true and fact rather than opinion.

You've made your point; truths and facts that only stretch as far as a heretofore non-investigation into the questionable intentions by questionable people who judged him; furthermore, the same people who should be candidates for your own standards of judgment - and who you summarily exclude in your crusade.

You are accusing a Thai citizen of being a massive human rights abuser, when in fact he has no accusations being brought against him by any international court. Only complaints. You are not being very righteous yourself.

Regrettably I cannot hear you for the cacophony of noise from your fellow lynch men. I've abused people's rights myself. Grant me the power, and I am certain I would amplify my mistakes, just like any other leader throughout history, were I in that position. Why do you ignore the pebbles and shout at the mountains? God help you people if Thaksin ever gets a pardon in any capacity, and especially a particular one. I guess by guilt of admission, I have mentally pardoned this human being for doing something that dims in light of the good he has done. It's acceptable to engage me in battle, but not so in the other event. Your ignorance and stiff-necked attitude over the matter and towards me will be illustrated in the event of that case. You'll have to simmer and steam without being able to open your mouths one iota.That will be interesting to follow the threads at that time, should it occur.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

Chiang Mai Red-shirt Supporters Make Merit for Thaksin's Birthday

Supporters of the Chiang Mai red-shirt group join a merit-making ceremony for fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's 62nd birthday anniversary.

They also wish for the ousted premier to be able to return home.

Abbot of Wat Sriboonrueng Temple, Phra Kru Suthep Wisutthikhun along with about 400 red-shirt people participated in a merit-making ceremony to celebrate former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's 62nd birthday.

They also made merit for Thaksin's younger sister, Yingluck Shinawatra.

Abbot of Wat Ku Tao Temple, Kru Ba Chantarangsri presided over a religious rite performed to expel Thaksin and Yingluck of bad luck.

Thaksin's shirt was used to represent him in the ritual.

The group wished Thaksin prosperity and longevity and for his return to Thailand to help develop the country.

The Chiang Mai red-shirt group also wished Yingluck to become the new prime minister as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Thaksin's aunt Chansom Shinawatra gave alms by providing luncheon to monks on the occasion of Thaksin's 62nd birthday anniversary at Rongtham Samakkee Temple in Chiang Mai.

The Shinawatra family is a major patron of the temple.

Members of the red-shrit group in the area also participated in the merit-making event but no other members of the Shinawatra family were present.

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

You've made your point; truths and facts that only stretch as far as a heretofore non-investigation into the questionable intentions by questionable people who judged him; furthermore, the same people who should be candidates for your own standards of judgment - and who you summarily exclude in your crusade.

You are accusing a Thai citizen of being a massive human rights abuser, when in fact he has no accusations being brought against him by any international court. Only complaints. You are not being very righteous yourself.

Regrettably I cannot hear you for the cacophony of noise from your fellow lynch men. I've abused people's rights myself. Grant me the power, and I am certain I would amplify my mistakes, just like any other leader throughout history, were I in that position. Why do you ignore the pebbles and shout at the mountains? God help you people if Thaksin ever gets a pardon in any capacity, and especially a particular one. I guess by guilt of admission, I have mentally pardoned this human being for doing something that dims in light of the good he has done. It's acceptable to engage me in battle, but not so in the other event. Your ignorance and stiff-necked attitude over the matter and towards me will be illustrated in the event of that case. You'll have to simmer and steam without being able to open your mouths one iota.That will be interesting to follow the threads at that time, should it occur.

Wow. Somebody seems to have drunk the koolaid. Like the entire pitcher. I think you should do some more research on this. And take the blinders off.

Wow. Somebody seems to have drunk the koolaid. Like the entire pitcher. I think you should do some more research on this. And take the blinders off.

Well it's obvious what happened here. The Kool-Aid is just so delicious. Who can help themselves once they take a sip?

This is worth a look, quoted from Wikipedia:

The 'war on drugs'

See also: Policies of the Shinawatra administration#Anti-drug policiesThaksin initiated several highly controversial policies to counter a perceived boom in the Thai drug market, particularly in methamphetamine. After earlier policies like border blocking (most methamphetamine is produced in Myanmar), education, sports, and promoting peer pressure proved ineffective, Thaksin on 14 January 2003 launched a campaign to rid "every square inch of the country" of drugs in three months.[81] It consisted of changing the punishment policy for drug addicts, setting provincial arrest and seizure targets including "blacklists", awarding government officials for achieving targets and threatening punishment for those who failed to make the quota, targeting dealers, and "ruthless" implementation.

In the first three months, Human Rights Watch reports that 2,275 people were killed.[82] The government claimed that only around 50 of the deaths were at the hands of the police. Human rights critics say a large number were extrajudicially executed.[83][84] The government went out of its way to publicize the campaign, through daily announcements of arrest, seizure, and death statistics.

Of course somebody on this thread might claim none of this implicates Thaksin, and that's true. None of this is a conviction. He was only convicted of the land deal involving his wife. As a matter of fact nobody was convicted of any of these deaths b/c evidence of guilt by any party was never found. So, it's obvious that we can all breath a sigh of relief because nobody did anything wrong, especially not the Thaksinator.

blink.gif

If the charges are later going to trial during a PT government in power, will you accept the outcome?