I Love Thaivisa

stardancer

Thanks to all the people on thaivisa who make me laugh out loud at my desk and at home... I meen a real belly laugh, its far better then anything I have been before, Fb, Youtube and more. I love how someone can be crucified for a spelling mistake or a comment thai's can escalate into somthing so crazy the origanal question was lost.

I have had some great advice in the past and also been sent away wondering what the hell did I say to deserve that.

But the wit is the best I have seen anywher I don't know if its the age group or what but its different.

Has there ever been a TV get together in Bkk?

Just saying..

We tried a bkk meet up a couple of times. It wasn't pretty despite the fact George brought his darling of a beau with him once _guess I should have studied IT in school. Suffice to say we won't that mistake again. Some things are better left to your imagination. You heard of "radio looks"? Tv must the retirement home for djs. ;)

Edited by bkkjames

We had a meeting here in Pattaya last year. It was great fun and met a lot of people whom I conversed with on a regular basis there.

TV is a great source of info...just need to weed out some of the silly comments. :(

We tried a bkk meet up a couple of times. It wasn't pretty despite the fact George brought his darling of a beau with him once _guess I should have studied IT in school. Suffice to say we won't that mistake again. Some things are better left to your imagination. You heard of "radio looks"? Tv must the retirement home for djs. ;)

I enjoyed the one meet up I went to and although I left shortly after midnight, no fisticuffs broke out. And surely, the highlight of your year must have been meeting me??? :P

We had a meeting here in Pattaya last year. It was great fun and met a lot of people whom I conversed with on a regular basis there.

TV is a great source of info...just need to weed out some of the silly comments. :(

So about time for another one this year - please ............................

We tried a bkk meet up a couple of times. It wasn't pretty despite the fact George brought his darling of a beau with him once _guess I should have studied IT in school. Suffice to say we won't that mistake again. Some things are better left to your imagination.

Tell us more James, why was it a bad idea , was there trouble, did some mods get a thrashing ? smile.gif

Yes sbk the highlight was meeting you_then buying you a keg of draught beer a year later @ soi 8 bar.

Rob, there you go with more dog references, you really need to broaden your horizons a bit ;)

I would hate to bore you fishing metaphors or accounting stuff. I keep it simple so you understand it. :D

We tried a bkk meet up a couple of times. It wasn't pretty despite the fact George brought his darling of a beau with him once _guess I should have studied IT in school. Suffice to say we won't that mistake again. Some things are better left to your imagination.

Tell us more James, why was it a bad idea , was there trouble, did some mods get a thrashing ? smile.gif

Ok let me explain:

First one was alright - some vodka bar on Soi 22 - organized free pizza from big pizza, one free shot of vodka from the bar, don't remember much after that.

Next one was the usual issues:

No consensus on where to have it

Complaints that only male members attended (untrue, there were 2 females present)

Complaints about smoking, sitting to close to the band (usual TV gripes)

Mods didn't get a thrashing - I thing George pitched in 2k for Drinks for this one but a few early birds (no names mentioned) went through it in a hurry.

Most people are all bark and bite on the internet however if you meet people in person they are usually a lot more laid back. I might even like James :D

At meetups you often find that after a couple beers the people who are vicious rivals behind the keyboards often have a bond. Kinda like those couples that nag each other constantly but stay together forever.

Most people are all bark and bite on the internet however if you meet people in person they are usually a lot more laid back. I might even like James :D

At meetups you often find that after a couple beers the people who are vicious rivals behind the keyboards often have a bond. Kinda like those couples that nag each other constantly but stay together forever.

I am much nicer here than in person.

I have been to 2 in Phuket, one in BKK (unofficial I think) and one in Chiang Mai. I have met some great people every time. I know some people from Chiang Mai decided not to go because they would have to sign in with their screenname and thought that was too confrontational ...

BTW -- the two in Phuket and the one in Chiang Mai had more female members of TVF there than did the BKK one, but I don't blame woment for not wanting to go to the one that was on Suk4 behind the Nana Hotel :)

I am much nicer here than in person.

I would not call myself a rival of James. All fun and games here.

One TV meet up in Bangkok had one man hit a female member after she threw a drink at him and got another male poster in a headlock after he protested.

Ahhhhhh.......them were the days!

Seems like a crowd that i should avoid.

One TV meet up in Bangkok had one man hit a female member after she threw a drink at him and got another male poster in a headlock after he protested.

Ahhhhhh.......them were the days!

Would that be the poster formerly known as "the Gentleman" and later as "Tornado". I wonder how he is doing these days.