Rug Needed For My Computer Desk Chair

ukrules

I need to buy a rug to go under my large 'armchair' style office chair, I've noticed that the wheels on it are removing the varnish from the floor tiles.

Can anyone recommend where I can get a rug from. I'm a lazy git so somewhere easy to find and near to the BTS would be great.

I'd say 4x6 or maybe even 4x4 feet in size will be fine. Nothing to elaborate so lets say less than 5000 Baht. It shouldn't be one of these 'deep pile' things as I still want to move my chair around a bit on it's rollers.

I don't know what I'm going to do about the floor tiles, there's bits of polish chipped off everywhere - I'll deal with that when the time comes though, for now I'll literally put it under the carpet. Later I guess I'll move my table and rug to a different location and get someone to come in and fix the floor coating.

In the USA almost all office supply stores have hard plastic chair pads, many with anti-static connections to enable grounding. These come in various sizes, I preferred a 4x6 ft version. Have been trying to find similar in the LOS but no luck (Office Depot, HomePro, etc).

Will try the cut-to-size version suggested by poster above, need something for my lovely wood floor.

No idea by a BTS, got mine + 2 door mats at a big Tile place, they also sell bathroom/kitchen stuff but that is way past the New South Bus Station..

I just say this because they are sold here.. I bought all the same colour big one and door ones... Black with a big black rubber that runs all around the mat. Also sure I noticed them in a place in Nonthaburi [Not Home Pro] forget is it Home Mart ?

"In the USA almost all office supply stores have hard plastic chair pads, many with anti-static connections to enable grounding. These come in various sizes, I preferred a 4x6 ft version. Have been trying to find similar in the LOS but no luck (Office Depot, HomePro, etc).

Will try the cut-to-size version suggested by poster above, need something for my lovely wood floor. "

I have been looking all over Thailand and Japan for these for the last 8 years and have yet to see them anywhere.

I am resigned to ordering one from the USA and having it shipped over.

I had the same problem, my office chair was damaging my marble floor.

After looking all over for the plastic chair pads, I ending up just getting a nice throw rug from HomePro for 500 Baht.

The rug will probably have to be replaced every year or so, because the chair is eating it up. But, that was the best solution I could come up with.

Rubber Non Slip Mats and some places have this in a roll, you buy how many meters you want, when I looked this was cut and sold by weight.

I found the mat is fine, when I bought they were in 3 different sizes

post-42643-0-58430900-1311981250_thumb.j

I bought a 3 ft by 5 ft carpet at Robinsons home dept on Ratchada a few years ago that I am still using on a wooden floor. It has done a good job of protecting it from scratches from the chair wheels. The cost was about 1,000B. In my old place, I had floor carpet and found a plastic cutting board at the Emporium stationary dept that was about 3 ft by 4ft. I think the cost was also about 1000B+. It performed the same function as the plastic chair pad noted in posts above. Before I got it, I must have spent 2 or 3 weeks looking for a plastic chair pad all over BKK but never found one.