Building And Planning

David006

During the corse of my brilliant career ( apologies to Stella Maria Sarah Miles Franklin) i have visited several commercial building sites where the "architect" has" forgotten" access to to utilities such as aircon /telecom and computer room had to bring in expensive core drilling teams....

l...like many have built a concrete bunker house in Thailand and in hindsight I have though "oh shit" re various basic stuff.

a couple of things that I 'would've done":...

..stick in a few dozen bits 'a of pipe through the concrete beams for cables and pipes ( many hours and frustration with hammer drill and angle grinder could've been avoided).

a few basic questions to ask ya'self

..my gas stove /hob where am I gonna put the tanks..don't forget a drain for potential propane ( heavier than air) "leaks:"

...am I gonna want a fancy ice maker fridge..need water supply...

...washer dryer??drain , water supply and power

...water heater supply and ..

...additional outside lights and power plugs for DIY stuff,bbq spit, mozzie traps, pumps etc etc??

seems to me we havelimited ability re quantity surveying...how many times have you bought x number of elbow joints, connectors, kilos/metres/cu metres..qty of bits of stuff to to find you have need for x + 12 or whatever...lol

just a thought...time for annudder beer...

Clearly any good building company, planner or "architect" will remember these things. yes however there are lots of bad ones out there too. Some times changes along the way cause the need for things. And for that you have Coreing companies that make nice holes just the size you need in minutes !