British Embassy

Hi All,

The Mrs will be going to the Embassy next week to submit her application. Since she will be on her own could anyone tell me where exactly in the Embassy she would need to go?

Im assuming that there will be a que, Im going to ask her to get there for about 5.30 am, will this be OK?

Thanks all

FM

Hiya buddy,

We went at 6:30 and had no problems getting in at all. The queue had just started to form. She will go through the gate at opening time and go to a counter (still in the Gatehouse) or whatever it is called. She will then leave the "Gatehouse" and opposite on the left hand side is a building. The ground floor is where she needs to go with her documents and payment (pref in cash) P/O or Bank Cheque are also OK i think.

MrBoJ :o

As for time to arrive, last month we joined the queue at 7:30 and it was still small and by the time I had arsed about getting a Cashiers cheque done (since they don't accept cash for Settlement visa payment) it was now past 8:30 and the queue now consisted of about 5 people.

We were staying in the Holiday Mansion over the road for a few days and had a view of the queue from room and none of the days we were there was it particularly big.

:o

Edited by technocracy

hi there ,

i have being there this year and they accept cash for Settlement visa payment,unless they have changed in the last couple off months,

all the best pete :o

Not anymore they don't we went last month, Sept 12th to be precise, they will only except a Cashier Cheque.

They take cash for Holiday visa still but not Settlement. Which would of been nice to know, but then again once the bank opens it literally takes 2 minutes and costs 20 baht for the cheque.

I've just had a look at the embassy website, and whereas it used to specifically state that cash was, in fact, the preferred means of payment, it no longer mentions it. Indeed, in relation to the drop box facility, it categorically states that cash is not accepted.

I wonder if a member of staff has been dipping the cash box?

Scouse.