Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Anyone Used The On-Line Queue From Cm Immigration

NancyL

If you do make an appointment and do not intend to use it, PLEASE notify Chiang Mai Immigration so that the officers can delete your booking and restore that time slot for use by others.

I thought there was a 'cancel' part. If you go to the form, it will have your name against the time and I think you can cancel.

If you have not got the Q card number you cannot cancel online.

First time I tried I did not get the Q card number but by maxing the screen etc. I subsequently advised immigration of the failed attempt not realising that they still had a list with names on it.

As Foreman pointed out, if you did make multiple booking please let immigration know as others can benefit.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the system would be wasted for 90 day reporting

Exactly.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE FOR 90 DAY REPORTS!!!

Ouch!

I tend to agree with you in principle and I certainly wouldn't use the service for 90 day or re-entry purposes.......but, until the immigration authorities stipulate which things this booking can only be used for, then people have the right to use it for whatever they choose.

Edited by uptheos

I went to immigration yesterday afternoon to cancel my appointment for Aug 15 13:00. I couldn't cancel online since did not get the online queue number. When I got home, I checked twice if it was open again so I can advise TV members to grab it but it was still reserved. I checked just now and it is still reserved so I don't know if they opened the time slot up and it got reserved already or they haven't gotten around to opening it up again.

I went to immigration yesterday afternoon to cancel my appointment for Aug 15 13:00. I couldn't cancel online since did not get the online queue number. When I got home, I checked twice if it was open again so I can advise TV members to grab it but it was still reserved. I checked just now and it is still reserved so I don't know if they opened the time slot up and it got reserved already or they haven't gotten around to opening it up again.

I couldn't cancel online since did not get the online queue number.

Maybe they have the same problem. :rolleyes:

I hope immigration are taking note of this. The online reservation supposed to help the visa process be more convenient for both immigration and those applying. If something doesn't work and someone has to make special trips to immigration to rectify things, it's hardly more convenient, especially if that person lives far away + the extra anxiety it seems to cause some people. I'm fortunate I can be at immigration in less than 10 minutes, but for many others its not so easy.

Does feedback from this forum actually go to immigration from the TV hierarchy?

I think the system would be wasted for 90 day reporting

Exactly.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE FOR 90 DAY REPORTS!!!

Ouch!

I tend to agree with you in principle and I certainly wouldn't use the service for 90 day or re-entry purposes.......but, until the immigration authorities stipulate which things this booking can only be used for, then people have the right to use it for whatever they choose.

Sometimes practicing common courtesy trumps exercising individual rights. Granted, there might be a bit of a queue from time to time, but those queues are not comparable or as bothersome as the other queues can be.

In any case, what's the big rush? Prepare your documents correctly in advance and take a good book!

Otherwise, let us hope that Immigration continues to improve service. They are a bit overwhelmed a lot of the time and need to expand staff and facilities because of the influx of people from abroad. Not as cozy a town as it used to be. :jap:

Does feedback from this forum actually go to immigration from the TV hierarchy?

Guess you could send an e-mail to them with a link to this topic. ;)

I didn't know if TV is in touch regularly, but if not your idea sounds good........maybe others might like to add weight to whatever their concerns are. wink.gif

The trick to doing a 90-day report in a "flash" is NOT to arrive first thing in the morning. Let everyone coming for visa extensions, etc, fight it out to be first in line. Waltz in around 10 am once the dust has settled or better yet, wait until 3 pm. The place actually has empty chairs at that hour!

Thanks, I'll try this next time. That is if the on line thing doesn't work out. I have an appointment next month but no queue number. :(

My goodness, to think people say I'm tightly-wound. Come on, you didn't book that appointment on-line for the last date of your 90-day reporting window, did you? If it doesn't work out, what's the big deal? Just come back at 3 pm on the next day.

OK, I'm willing to retract this post if Sempher lives in some remote part of the province that involves an elephant trek or slog over hilly, muddy, rutted roads in a 4WD vehicle to come to the CM Immigration office. In which case, I can recommend some nice hotels in town if he needs to stay overnight to sort out his 90 day report the next day.

Where did I say it would be a big deal? And who knows, maybe I live in a remote area. Take your meds and calm down. :)

Edited by Semper

A post was removed which merged new commentary with a previous post by another member.

If one is not sure how to use the quote and reply function.... please be careful.

Try not to put your words in another person's mouth....:jap:

If you do make an appointment and do not intend to use it, PLEASE notify Chiang Mai Immigration so that the officers can delete your booking and restore that time slot for use by others.

I thought there was a 'cancel' part. If you go to the form, it will have your name against the time and I think you can cancel.

Yes, this works IF you are able to generate a Queue Code card and can then make the cancellation in the correct, on-line manner. Many posters are unable to generate that Queue Code card and thus are left in the lurch. That was the purpose of my post in the first place.

I went yesterday at 1PM. They told me to wait until my name was called. By 1PM, the office was jamming but they didn't call me so I went up to the desk and showed my online queue document and after someone checked the computer the immig officer began to process my request. I was out within 30 minutes. It looks like we have a winner.

I went yesterday at 1PM. They told me to wait until my name was called. By 1PM, the office was jamming but they didn't call me so I went up to the desk and showed my online queue document and after someone checked the computer the immig officer began to process my request. I was out within 30 minutes. It looks like we have a winner.

1 year visa? If so excellent.

Put thai mai dai, so I guessed right on the month since most of the website, except the queue cube, which merely takes a click and then your right to the reservation page, where you guess which month is right unless you read Thai.

After that it was all in English, very easy to do and not only allows printing of Queue online Card but allows for saving to your computer.

I made two copies of my Card, figuring they would take one from me at Immigration.

The Queue Card has the Que Code on it.

So far, a very easy registration process, although it would be easier for English speaking peoples if the website allowed for an English version. The post about clicking on the English Flag option taking you to the National Immigration Website and no use for CM is spot on.

1 year visa? If so excellent.

Nah, a re-entry permit. I really didn't pay too much attention to the exact number of minutes whether it was 15 or 25 but the fact there was little wait time to begin the procedure, was a treat. I do re-entry permits once a year. Next time, I try doing it without an appointment to see how long of a wait I will have.

The system really works, had a 10:00 appointment, was finished within 55 min. No waiting time.

Good to see it's working, mine's next week so I'll see how it goes and feedback.

It seems that booking is now about a month in advance.

I just made my appointment but, as some others, no page with the queue card information. Looking at their main page though, there is a comment section that people are using to verify their appointment if having problems with the queue card showing up. I put my comment in and will wait and see if I get an 'accept' reply on it. But to be sure, I have to go in for 90 day next week and will re-check.

post-566-0-36642500-1313739599_thumb.jpg

For what it is worth, the rumors at the Computer Club that you need to use Internet Explorer to make the website work is not true as I used Firefox and it worked fine.

I believe the Que Card is a form of Pop Up so if you have not allowed Pop Ups in your computer you may not get it. Also I believe it is a PDF Pop Up so if your PDF system is not up to date or is very slow as mine has been in the past, you may think you didn't get your Que Card after making your reservation.

I went back and checked after signing off and found that my name no longer appears on the appointments page, just the fact that that time slot is reserved.

Had the 9AM appointment on the 18th for 1 year married extension, but did not get a que number when making the appointment on the computer. Only problem was that after sitting down with wife for the #14th fun experience the immigration lady ask for my que number and printed form. I tried explaining 4 times that I was one of the person who did not get a que number after making the reservation. She finally gave up and went ahead processing the paperwork. You must have two copies of everything including the map you draw. The two pictures are trimmed and glued to the form that she fills out on your wife's information. Just in case you don't already know, they need original and zerox of application with two original visa pictures glued on them. May have been needed before but didn't remember.

It seemed to work out, but the big problem I see with the appointment system is that everyone will book so far in advance you can't get in when you really need too, and the fact that many are making appointments and not cancelling them right asway when not using them to allow others to make the appointment.

This is for anyone who has made a successful appointment using Firefox 6 browser. I can see the fill in block and the calendar. What I want to know (only) is: where does the que code show up after pushing the reservation enter key. Is it a separate pop up window? I have noticed since I made my original appointment that they have added a print link next to the cancel link. When you try to print, do you get a choice to save instead of print or is it a print screen operation?

I do not want to make a bunch of appointments to figure this out, and then not be able to cancel.

This is for anyone who has made a successful appointment using Firefox 6 browser. I can see the fill in block and the calendar. What I want to know (only) is: where does the que code show up after pushing the reservation enter key. Is it a separate pop up window? I have noticed since I made my original appointment that they have added a print link next to the cancel link. When you try to print, do you get a choice to save instead of print or is it a print screen operation?

I do not want to make a bunch of appointments to figure this out, and then not be able to cancel.

Lifer:

I can't tell you which version of Firefox I have but it is the latest, my guess it is one of the 6.0 series. You should download the latest if this information doesn't apply to your use of the CM Immigration Website.

I just finished using their website after reading your message. as I wanted to make a 90 day report appointment.

The system worked for me just as it did before although I did notice a Queue Purple Box tab in the right margin of their face page in addition to the box appearing a scroll down in the body of the Thai language.

Clicking on it gives you the appointment screen and after you click on the date you want in the calendars provided, all in Thai, you are given a reservation page.

Fill it out, put in the "security code" as it appears on the page and enter submit. Almost immediately you should receive a pop up window which is your "Online Queue Card". Immediately after those words you will see your "Que Code" on this card. Print two copies for safety as Immigration keeps one.

This time immediately after printing my Online Queue Card and signing out, I received an email confirmation of my appointment. Previously such an email confirmation was not received.

/quote]

Lifer:

I can't tell you which version of Firefox I have but it is the latest, my guess it is one of the 6.0 series. You should download the latest if this information doesn't apply to your use of the CM Immigration Website.

I just finished using their website after reading your message. as I wanted to make a 90 day report appointment.

The system worked for me just as it did before although I did notice a Queue Purple Box tab in the right margin of their face page in addition to the box appearing a scroll down in the body of the Thai language.

Clicking on it gives you the appointment screen and after you click on the date you want in the calendars provided, all in Thai, you are given a reservation page.

Fill it out, put in the "security code" as it appears on the page and enter submit. Almost immediately you should receive a pop up window which is your "Online Queue Card". Immediately after those words you will see your "Que Code" on this card. Print two copies for safety as Immigration keeps one.

This time immediately after printing my Online Queue Card and signing out, I received an email confirmation of my appointment. Previously such an email confirmation was not received.

I know it is currently allowed, hopefully not in the future, but taking up a 1 hour time slot for a 5 min job ---.

Just my thoughts.

Good to see the email confirmation they are obviously listening to suggestions.

I know it is currently allowed, hopefully not in the future, but taking up a 1 hour time slot for a 5 min job ---.

Yes, it is currently allowed and therefore people are entitled to use it for anything.

However, I agree with you and hopefully immigration will change it. I have sent an email suggesting that it should only be used for appointments that will take considerable time and if they receive enough feedback, perhaps they will change it.

Yes, it is currently allowed and therefore people are entitled to use it for anything.

However, I agree with you and hopefully immigration will change it. I have sent an email suggesting that it should only be used for appointments that will take considerable time and if they receive enough feedback, perhaps they will change it.

If one goes to the "comment" forum that Tywais mentioned above (bottom of CM Imm webpage), and you read back (page one is newest; reverse of usual practise) you will see where someone specifically asked if the queue system was OK for any type of immigration matter.

Quote: I have heard that a "queue number" for annual visa renewal, and 90 days renewal can be obtained via the 'internet' is this correct ?...

Only visa renewal can get queue number

Unquote.

In other words, not for re-entry permits, 90 day address reporting, etc.

If one looks at the actual form on the queue reservation popup:

Date *::

Time *::

Name *::

Nationality *::

Reason for extensino visa *::

E-mail ::

.....it quite clearly says "Reason for extensino (sic) visa"

So one is not supposed to use the queue system for anything but visa extensions....:rolleyes:

If one goes to the "comment" forum that Tywais mentioned above (bottom of CM Imm webpage), and you read back (page one is newest; reverse of usual practise) you will see where someone specifically asked if the queue system was OK for any type of immigration matter.

Quote: I have heard that a "queue number" for annual visa renewal, and 90 days renewal can be obtained via the 'internet' is this correct ?...

Only visa renewal can get queue number

Unquote.

In other words, not for re-entry permits, 90 day address reporting, etc.

If one looks at the actual form on the queue reservation popup:

Date *::

Time *::

Name *::

Nationality *::

Reason for extensino visa *::

E-mail ::

.....it quite clearly says "Reason for extensino (sic) visa"

So one is not supposed to use the queue system for anything but visa extensions....:rolleyes:

So one is not supposed to use the queue system for anything but visa extensions

Anyone tried and succeeded?