Thai-German Trade War

sharecropper

Its enough to put you off doing business with Johnny Foreigner, isn't it?

I suppose it highlights that at the end of the day, an honourable counter-party is worth a lot more than the law

If people who trade on thin margins lose trust in the Thai government, how much will that cost Thailand in the long run?

If we have to add on 10% for bribes, and 10% for risk of non-payment...

SC

PS We never had any payment or corruption problems with any companies with whom we dealt in Thailand, and we were never successful in any government bids, so cannot comment from experience on promptness of payment or "other payments"

Spain sold 3 billion in bonds today at 4.8% I think you can lower your 10% a bit.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its enough to put you off doing business with Johnny Foreigner, isn't it?

n

I suppose it highlights that at the end of the day, an honourable counter-party is worth a lot more than the law

If people who trade on thin margins lose trust in the Thai government, how much will that cost Thailand in the long run?

If we have to add on 10% for bribes, and 10% for risk of non-payment...

SC

PS We never had any payment or corruption problems with any companies with whom we dealt in Thailand, and we were never successful in any government bids, so cannot comment from experience on promptness of payment or "other payments"

Spain sold 3 billion in bonds today at 4.8% I think you can lower your 10% a bit.

There's very little risk in contract discussion with government bonds (unlike commercial contracts - we asked for fire engines and you gave us fire appliances... 20 years' negotiation, devaluations, court fees in three continents later - OK: Same same, fair enough, there;s the money...). Government bond contracts are simple 'money for money' contracts; very little opportunity for performance interpretation..,

SC