Cm Zoo

CMwanderer

Was there earlier this month. Food stalls at various different locations throughout zoo. Also if you walk 100 meters down the road to Doi Suthep(towards CM) there is a food centre of sorts back off the road near the park.

BTW I got Thai price for entry with my Thai drivers licence. Pricing at entrance kiosk is confusing to say the least since you pay an entrance fee plus add ons for certain "attractions" as well as the shuttle bus that takes you round. Apart from Pandas was disappointed and have to say that the state of some of the animals left a lot to be desired. Dirty cages signs of stress etc.

what does a day at the Zoo cost ?

I have my Thai ID card and Thai wife and daughter

To go, eat or snake there, the train, pandas and more

Any help

Entrance cost me 100 Baht + 20 Baht for bus, which you can get on and off where you like. This also got me into the Panda enclosure but I had to pay extra for other attractions, I think the aquarium(quite good) was 250 Baht Thai price. Snacks are reasonable prices and the snakes are free :jap:

Have you considered the Night Safari? 200 Baht for adults with Thai drivers licence, kids get in free, for the rides and walk round lake. Or 50 Baht for the lake walk. You see more animals than at the zoo and they look in better condition, without walking for miles and miles. There is also the afternoon safari, 3 til 5. Plus light show at 8pm.

Buffet opens at 5pm.

Iain

The aquarium is very good and a nice place to visit if you don't want to be out in the heat in the zoo. Of course, the panda place is even cooler, but you can't stay there for hours like you can at the aquarium. If you're really brave and have money to spare, they'll let you go swimming in the aquarium with the fish (sharks, included). The first time I saw that, I was shocked -- they'd never let visitors do that at an aquarium in the U.S.

I think it is also about 100 baht each to see the Pandas.

Has anyone heard if the Panda is pregnant again?

The Mrs said something about that a few weeks ago but she can't remember where she saw it and I can't seem to find any information about it.

Have you considered the Night Safari? 200 Baht for adults with Thai drivers licence, kids get in free, for the rides and walk round lake. Or 50 Baht for the lake walk. You see more animals than at the zoo and they look in better condition, without walking for miles and miles. There is also the afternoon safari, 3 til 5. Plus light show at 8pm.

Buffet opens at 5pm.

Iain

I will do this another day

LOL, OP doesn't seem to have been around in Thailand much...

Try to find an attraction/event in the LOS where no food is sold! 555

Yes I do know they sell food everywhere but I just didnt want to get stuck out with no option

Lots of food options generally reasonably priced including street food style vendors, more permanent restaurants and even a 7/11!

really - a 7/11?! That's amazing.

This is the thread on the panda pregnancy - unconfirmed.

Heading to the zoo on Friday if the rain clears up.