Is Justin.Tv Website Being Blocked?

4evermaat

I tried launching JustIn.tv, and i noticed that on my cat cdma connection, it redirects to w3.mict.go.th . I switched to ToT asdl and JustIn.tv loads just fine. Anyone else having this issue with this website?

edit: in chumphon town.

Edited by 4evermaat

I'm on True here in Bangkok...the main website page pulls up for me, but a lot of the links on the page pretty much pull up a blank...almost like the site/server itself is having problems but not being blocked. Kinda like when you can get to the ThaiVisa main page but trying to get to the other links on the site/server doesn't work.

Edited by Pib

I don't get a blocked message, but IE9 cannot display the webpage and FF 5.01 tells me that the server at w3.mict.go.th is taking too long to respond.

ToT in Najomtien.

That was the same message on the Cat CDMA in chumphon. I just checked again and the justin.tv is now not working with ToT connection either. Dang...

At my office at the university it is blocked.

Also, post removed commenting on ways to bypass a government block.

9) Not to discuss proxies or other methods of bypassing government blocking of websites.

Awwwwwwww :( surprised they have not blocked google, lol. Anyway

Is there a way to submit request to the gov't to unblock?

Nope.

:welcomeani: to Thailand!

However once the new Government takes over, it may be unblocked. It was blocked to prevent the PTP and DDD from spreading their propaganda.

Edited by BB1950

Nope.

:welcomeani: to Thailand!

However once the new Government takes over, it may be unblocked. It was blocked to prevent the PTP and DDD from spreading their propaganda.

Oops, I meant UDD! (The red shirts)

It's definitely a government thing, as per the web site redirects to the MICT web site...

Not sure if the govt's doing it centrally, or directing the various ISPs to do so...

It's an outgrowth of the Red protests....as stated above... They were doing the same with Ustream for awhile...

Unfortunately, once something like that gets put in place, trying to get it subsequently removed is problematic...

And the silly part is... those sites aren't Thai sites and 99% of their content has absolutely nothing to do with Thailand... But the govt still is interfering with the whole site.

.....And the silly part is... those sites aren't Thai sites and 99% of their content has absolutely nothing to do with Thailand... But the govt still is interfering with the whole site.

Exactly. Well anyway, thanks for the confirmations.

• 1 year later...