Interesting Education Visa Possibilities In Cm?

DocHolliday2006

Hi.

I'd like to stay around the CM area for about a year. Since I've already had two tourist visas ( a one-month on entry and a double entry for 6 months after that), I think I should get an education visa (is there a maximum amount of times you can get a tourist visa?)

I'm wondering what sort of possibilities are available at reasonable cost.

To be honest, I'm more interested in doing other stuff, not learning. I just want to stay in Thailand, so I need the visa.

I'm not that interested in learning Thai, which seems like what most education visas are issued for, but I'll consider it if it's the best options.

What other type of classes in CM can I get a long-stay education visa for?

Are there any companies that will just let me pay and get my visa but won't mind if I don't show up to the classes?

Suggestions welcome.

Clearly seems like a misuse of an Ed Visa. Ed visa's are for learning.

So many ways to stay without abusing the system

He's just being honest. I think it's common knowledge that the attraction of these schools is the visa, not the language.

None of the schools are going to tell you attendance is not mandatory... That would get them in trouble.

In reality a number of schools might not be sticklers. Depends on the course etc.

You might want to try the Walen Skype Language classes. That seems pretty appealing. The biggest hassle is commuting and attending a class. If you can just s Skype in with your laptop from wherever then that really reduces wasted time and inconvenience factors.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Most people don't have any issues with getting 3 or 4 double entries. Especially now, when they are not free anymore.

You've only had a double entry tourist visa? You should have no problem getting another double entry. Don't bother with the schools.

OP wants to stay for 1 year. :)

You've only had a double entry tourist visa? You should have no problem getting another double entry. Don't bother with the schools.

OP is clearing looking to abuse the system. Just get yourself another double-entry tourist visa. There is no limit until they tell you there is.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Most people don't have any issues with getting 3 or 4 double entries. Especially now, when they are not free anymore.

Well that's not what I heard. Can you recommend a place where one can get a double entry tourist visa 4 times. And post this in the visa forum, I'm sure many would appreciate the info. :)

Well that's not what I heard. Can you recommend a place where one can get a double entry tourist visa 4 times. And post this in the visa forum, I'm sure many would appreciate the info. :)

A friend in BKK has had about 8 double-entry tourist visas, one after another. I know he got some in Laos and Malaysia but I'm not sure where he got the others from.

yes, the majority were consecutive, however I did not use them all to their full extent. I lost a lot of time by travelling out of the country every once in a while and then re-entering using my second entry.

There was a time a few months back were people were starting to get rejected for having too many back-to-back tourist visa's, but that was when the visa's were free. Even then, it was only people that had a min of 4 or 5 double entries(2+years). The free visa's are now over, and the consulate makes money by making you a visa.

In your case, it's highly unlikely you will have any problems.

Is it me ?

or do I somehow read post different ?

To me not one reply answers what the OP was asking..

To be honest, I'm more interested in doing other stuff, not learning. I just want to stay in Thailand, so I need the visa.

I'm not that interested in learning Thai, which seems like what most education visas are issued for, but I'll consider it if it's the best options.

What other type of classes in CM can I get a long-stay education visa for?

I read this as the OP is asking if the is any other classes as is interested in doing other stuff + get a ED Visa, rather than learning Thai, but world consider leaning Thai if that is the best Option ...

Reading other post over the years , people have said there are many other schools/courses to which you can get a ED visa..

No idea in C.M. met someone a couple of years ago that went to school to learn Thai kick boxing also on a ED visa for this.

Myself have never noticed any website offering courses with ED Visa other than leaning languages.

So yes the OP has a good question, can someone say even list what other schools/classes there are + offering the ED Visa