The Funny Pics Thread

Butterfly

Guest IT Manager

I am trying to come to terms with 2 issues about politics here. The first being informed political discussion, which I like a lot as it keeps me abreast of things, and straight up personality bashing, which I dealt with in another thread yesterday.

IMO political debate, premised on informed ideas and opinions is positive, personality bashing of posters because they are not of the same politico/geographic alignment as yourself, is not. Nor does it serve any purpose other than to annoy other posters, which ends up in a sh1t-fight. Additionally, I don't personally view personality bashing of world leaders to be terribly productive.

There have been occasions when I have seen certain members of the world political spectrum in a somewhat unkind light premised on actions taken and views expressed. One that comes instantly to mind being Thabo Mbekes' views on the genesis of AIDS pursuant to the HI Virus.

I want to discuss with admins, their views on this, and accordingly I will leave this here for the time being while we formulate a TOS, since this isn't outside our current ones. In the mean time, I suggest a poll of members, over 24 hours, to find out their views.