I Bought A Chevy Cruze

It feels "Well Planted" cus it aint got the power to break away. All from a bloke who had a City. Poor things been trying all afternoon to make the info not look too Googled. Mr Rix can tie you in knots mate, so could my Mrs. Try an Evo 10, and dial in the road types.:D

That made no sense

So now you're comparing a CRUZE to race car?

I commute at 110-140km/h in the rain. The car felt planted at all times and gripped the road aggressively. I don't need a race car. I need a safe, nice comfortable car that I like.

You also can't take it that I bought a CRUZE. Why does this bother you so much?

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like many here, i look in for a good laugh.while i eat my dinner.:D

You can keep saying the car is shit and gutless. Doesn't matter really. Not to me anyway. I am thoroughly enjoying the car. Most importantly, haven't experienced any of the things you say about the CRUZE.

Let's not forget. The only opinion that counts here is mine since I am the only person in this forum who owns one.

You also talk about me like I was born in 2005 and the only car I have to compare it to is the City.

I've owned a nissan maxima and a Sebring Coupe (V6). Ive also owned Mitsubishi and Toyota.

I would say, the best performing as far as power was the Maxima. The CRUZE is the nicest I've owned. Maxima was a V6 and had about 60hp more than the CRUZE. That's the car I would buy, but they don't have it here. The Maxima is a better car than any here at the same price range.

Edited by thaicruze

Well, whether he does or not, to state that TC is only helpful in icy or snowy conditions did give 'Thaicruze' a bit of an open goal. But who cares? Thaicruze is smoking around in his new ride, yeah I'll admit I'm jealous, it's a decent car, he should just enjoy it instead of doing Chevy's PR work for free! I've learnt quite a bit about Chevrolet and the Cruze from reading this thread and given that Chevrolet will only ever release more models in the future, not learning this now will only delay the inevitable. Think about it, the BKPost announced that the new Aveo, the Sonic, will be released here next year, imagine how many people will be tempted away from the ageing Vios when they see that.

Back to the Cruze, one aspect not yet discussed is running costs. My wife gets sent the Chevy Talk magazine because of having an Aveo and they did a centerfold spread about the 5-year/100,000km basic running costs (ie not batteries, or tires) of the Cruze. The 1.6 rang in at 18,041baht while the 1.8 which I think Thaicruze has came in at 14,776baht. Chevrolet have obviously designed a tough, reliable car they can depend on and stand behind and the running costs are worth contrasting with other models to give a fuller basis for comparison, like the Lancer, Focus, Civic. For example, I'm running a City and probably mostly because of using synthetic oil (as opposed to the semi-synthetic used in the above Chevrolet calculations) I've easily spent over 15k in 3 years as they stick with the old '10,000km or 6 months whichever comes first' stance.

Hi

Thanks for calling him out. He doesn't know what ESP does. He just wants to troll the thread with his friends.

Anyway. My City ran very low as far as ownership costs during the warranty period. It was after it was out of the warranty period when I had to do a few rapairs that were expensive.

Last one I did was replace the ignition coils. They come in a set so I had to replace 4.

These people can't live with the fact that I bought a new car and I love it. they're also spreading lies about it, about its performance, etc. If you listen to them, you would think the car was awful and painfully slow and underpowered.

At the track, the 2011 CRUZE does 0-60 in 9 seconds. The 2012 Focus does it in 8.3 seconds. That's .7 seconds faster (this is the top model US Focus, not the middle Thai Focus). So, if you compare equal models like te 850k Focus with the 875k CRUZE you'll find as far as power goes they are near identical. Not only that, but they will be built next to each other in Rayong.

These cars are very similar. I am not telling everyone to go get a CRUZE. Just saying that Chevy came to play, and it is worth a look. Difficult choice for anyone buying a car.

Edited by thaicruze

I would never touch one loads of build/reliability issues as MRO said JD power survey from owners cruze near the bottom!!

The first and largest recall encompass all 154,122 examples of the Cruze and is intended to check if the steering shaft was properly installed following customer complaints. Last month, 2,100 examples of the 2011 Cruze were recalled after a customer had a steering wheel come completely detached from the steering column while driving, but it appears that the latest recall is unrelated.The second recall covers all automatic transmission-equipped Cruze models – a bit over 120,000 vehicles. The automatic transmission recall stems from an issue in which the gear the vehicle is actually engaged in can differ from what is displayed to the driver.

GM says that dealers will inspect and verify that the transmission shift linkage was properly installed and, if not, replace and repair components as necessary.

Both recalls should see notices sent to consumers by next month.

You don't get that in a Honda

whistling.gif

I would never touch one loads of build/reliability issues as MRO said JD power survey from owners cruze near the bottom!!

The first and largest recall encompass all 154,122 examples of the Cruze and is intended to check if the steering shaft was properly installed following customer complaints. Last month, 2,100 examples of the 2011 Cruze were recalled after a customer had a steering wheel come completely detached from the steering column while driving, but it appears that the latest recall is unrelated.The second recall covers all automatic transmission-equipped Cruze models – a bit over 120,000 vehicles. The automatic transmission recall stems from an issue in which the gear the vehicle is actually engaged in can differ from what is displayed to the driver.

GM says that dealers will inspect and verify that the transmission shift linkage was properly installed and, if not, replace and repair components as necessary.

Both recalls should see notices sent to consumers by next month.

whistling.gif

Don't tell TC, will run his sex tonight. :lol:

^

Would you like us to post all the recalls by Honda and Toyota?

Also, JD Power didn't rank the cruze at "the bottom". It received a ranking of 2, which means "on par with the rest".

One thing that hasn't been addressed. Why is such a terrible piece of shit car the #1 selling in the US 5 months in a row?

Edited by thaicruze

br12stol

Let's see.

2011 Honda Recalls

Honda recalls nearly 2.5M vehicles for transmission software
Honda Expands Air-Bag Recall to 833,000 Additional Vehicles
Honda Has a Fit with 936,000 Recalls

This is my favorite

Honda Recalls 2010-2011 Accords, 2011 Pilot

If you thought the recent Honda Fit recall was the end of Honda’s troubles, think again. The Honda Accord and Honda Pilot were both recalled yesterday due to suspension issues. Honda says the company “will recall approximately 10,800 late model year 2010 to 2011 Accord and model year 2011 Pilot vehicles in the U.S. to prevent potential front suspension failure.”

Edited by thaicruze

This doesn't look right to me

Mitsubishi_Lancer_GLS_MidV_2.jpg

This does

holden-cruze-rear.jpg

This feels like my dad's 1985 tercel

Mitsubishi-New-Lancer-Interior.jpg

This feels expensive and modern

Chevrolet-Cruze_2011_800x600_wallpaper_76.jpg

said it many times, the pictured Cruze interior looks great. To bad you couldnt afford this model

Yes I don't mean to add my voice to the dog pack here but you had said that you didn't like the saddle leather color on the Cruze when I said it looks rich which is why you got yours done in all black but now you're touting the "rich looking" interior of the Cruze and potsing a picture of the saddle leather color? :blink: .. Bit of a waffle and a bit confusing that..

Now I guess you'll say that it's not the saddle leather color that distinguishes it so that's not what you meant, but I'd disagree I think it's the primary distinguishing factor.

No. I don't care for the orange/gray thing.

What does my color preference have to do with the CRUZE having a more modern interior than the Lancer?

Sorry I thought you were promoting the Cruze's interior as more modern and rich looking then the Mitsu for which the 2 toned color scheme is a significant part but I guess I misunderstood :blink: ?

All manufacturers get recalls I agree but " a customer had a steering wheel come completely detached from the steering column while driving" omg that is bad build quality blink.gif

wait for it, TC is going to tell us that's another chev extra,steering wheel reaches and adjusts more than other makers you can even sit in the back with the wheel 555

All manufacturers get recalls I agree but " a customer had a steering wheel come completely detached from the steering column while driving" omg that is bad build quality blink.gif

wait for it, TC is going to tell us that's another chev extra,steering wheel reaches and adjusts more than other makers you can even sit in the back with the wheel 555

:cheesy:, Very good.

:offtopic: but are you from Bristol ?

Yes I am from Bristol, UK. rolleyes.gif

some worrying stuff on USA auto forums re cruze

gmshouldadied says:

07:47 PM, 04/11/2011

One could argue if you're such a moron to spend your money on a Daewoo Cruze, you kinda deserve what you get...

I don't envy NHTSA though -- it really is tough to determine who to blame here. Is it that fine cut-rate Korean engineering, or the sloped-forehead UAW Neanderthals tasked with assembling this garbage?

But hey, I hear that interior is REALLY nice. Does it matter that the radio volume knob doesn't fall off in your hand, if the STEERING WHEEL can?

"I worked for GM for almost 31 as an assembler. This steering wheel occurrence is one of many that consumers' deal with. I tried to correct fastener related issues the last 6 years of my employment with GM. The world would be aghast at what has entered into the "consumer world". Anyone interested please see a article I wrote for ASSEMBLY MAGAZINE in Nov. of 2010 entitled "Error Proof Fastening at GM". GM took us (a partner) directly from assembly production into engineering and mandated our corrections throughout North America to correct this "steering wheel" problem along with MANY other critical assembly operations. This includes electrical grounds also which control many critical elements on a vehicle. The fox is guarding the hen house."

1 person had a steering wheel fall off.

1 car out of how many?

Much better than the tens of thousands of Hondas recalled for exploding airbags or the massive Toyota recalls for cars accelerating out of control. Vs 1 Cruze with a faulty steering wheel.

Most manufacturers wouldn't even bother with just 1 car and give the customer a new car. GM has been very thorough that even though it was 1 customer, they issued a recall. As a matter of fact, GM has announced many recalls for the Cruze, most of them for issues customers never actually experienced.

How long did it take Toyota to issue a recall for their cars accelerating out of control? How many customers had to die or nearly die before they issued the recall?

Edited by thaicruze

gmshouldadied says:

One could argue if you're such a moron to spend your money on a Daewoo Cruze, you kinda deserve what you get...

I don't envy NHTSA though -- it really is tough to determine who to blame here. Is it that fine cut-rate Korean engineering, or the sloped-forehead UAW Neanderthals tasked with assembling this garbage?

But hey, I hear that interior is REALLY nice. Does it matter that the radio volume knob doesn't fall off in your hand, if the STEERING WHEEL can?

"I worked for GM for almost 31 as an assembler. This steering wheel occurrence is one of many that consumers' deal with. I tried to correct fastener related issues the last 6 years of my employment with GM. The world would be aghast at what has entered into the "consumer world". Anyone interested please see a article I wrote for ASSEMBLY MAGAZINE in Nov. of 2010 entitled "Error Proof Fastening at GM". GM took us (a partner) directly from assembly production into engineering and mandated our corrections throughout North America to correct this "steering wheel" problem along with MANY other critical assembly operations. This includes electrical grounds also which control many critical elements on a vehicle. The fox is guarding the hen house."

Please show me how many people and how many CRUZE cara had the steering wheel fall off?

Still. Question remains. How come such a shit, poorly built car be the best selling car in the USA 5 months in a row?

gmshouldadied says:

Please show me how many people and how many CRUZE cara had the steering wheel fall off?

Still. Question remains. How come such a shit, poorly built car be the best selling car in the USA 5 months in a row?

I would think probably because hire/lease companys are purchasing them, i say purchasing loosly as some of the company's will be GM owned, like Ford used to have the best selling model in the UK ,not from private buyers. Both very relivant to Thailand!.

I like KBB info that the New Focus will come with severall new Engines. Thats good News. When the first one goes tits up,you have a few spare ones..:o

Funny. NOT.

The 2012 Focus will he built next to the CRUZE in Rayong. The TH Focus will have many things missing and/or changed, just like you can't get an Eco CRUZE or a 1.4 turbocharged CRUZE here.

For the 2012 TH Focus, you'll just have to wait and see how it is here.

We know the one abroad can even park itself. Doesn't matter here.

Edited by thaicruze

I would think probably because hire/lease companys are purchasing them, i say purchasing loosly as some of the company's will be GM owned, like Ford used to have the best selling model in the UK ,not from private buyers. Both very relivant to Thailand!.

You would "think"? Empty words.

You can go find out and give us the numbers of Cruze's bought in the USA and who bought them.

Make sure to include the source information.

And if the US CRUZE models aren't relevant to the models in thailand, then why do you guys keep bringing up 1 car in the USA that had a steering wheel fall off? The car is built all over the world and has been bought by hundreds of thousands of people. Not 1 of them has had this problem, just some hick in the USA. Who knows what he was doing with his vehicle.

If the USA CRUZE has nothing to do with the one built here, then let's talk about the one here.

Everytime I go to the dealer there is a line of people waiting for their new CRUZE.

There were some CRUZEs in one2car. They've all been sold except one and another one is reserved.

The cruze is selling very well in Thailand. Chevrolet's sales have gone up considerably and the numbers, in a big part, are being driven by the CRUZE sales.

The actual reason why, if you want to know, is because the Cruze is the only car that is readily available in the states.

If you want a new focus, you need to get on a waiting list. Assembly plants are forced to wait forever for parts.

If you want a Japanese car, you're screwed because the tsunami screwed up supply, so if you want a new car you can either get a cruze, or get on a waiting list for something else. And that's a big part of the reason.

The other big part is simply that people love the car. And if thy don't love it, they believe is on par with the competition (as JD Power showed with a rating of 3. That is what 3 means).

3 rating = About Average.

4= better than most

5= among the best

Nothing wrong with the US CRUZE. It's simply just about the same as others in its category.

This is for a car that just came out. Brand new. The king of the bunch, the Corolla, gets a rating of 4, but let's not forget that model has been around forever. This is the cruze's furst time. I am sure that in the next couple of years, once we get a couple of generations ahead, the cruze will rank among the best.

A lot of this has to do with the customers perceived ling term reliability, etc, which the CRUZE can't really compete because the corolla has been around forever.

Edited by thaicruze

You would "think"? Empty words.

You can go find out and give us the numbers of Cruze's bought in the USA and who bought them.

Make sure to include the source information.

And if the US CRUZE models aren't relevant to the models in thailand, then why do you guys keep bringing up 1 car in the USA that had a steering wheel fall off? The car is built all over the world and has been bought by hundreds of thousands of people. Not 1 of them has had this problem, just some hick in the USA. Who knows what he was doing with his vehicle.

If the USA CRUZE has nothing to do with the one built here, then let's talk about the one here.

Everytime I go to the dealer there is a line of people waiting for their new CRUZE.

There were some CRUZEs in one2car. They've all been sold except one and another one is reserved.

The cruze is selling very well in Thailand. Chevrolet's sales have gone up considerably and the numbers, in a big part, are being driven by the CRUZE sales.

The actual reason why, if you want to know, is because the Cruze is the only car that is readily available in the states.

If you want a new focus, you need to get on a waiting list. Assembly plants are forced to wait forever for parts.

If you want a Japanese car, you're screwed because the tsunami screwed up supply, so if you want a new car you can either get a cruze, or get on a waiting list for something else. And that's a big part of the reason.

The other big part is simply that people love the car. And if thy don't love it, they believe is on par with the competition (as JD Power showed with a rating of 3. That is what 3 means).

3 rating = About Average.

4= better than most

5= among the best

Nothing wrong with the US CRUZE. It's simply just about the same as others in its category.

This is for a car that just came out. Brand new. The king of the bunch, the Corolla, gets a rating of 4, but let's not forget that model has been around forever. This is the cruze's furst time. I am sure that in the next couple of years, once we get a couple of generations ahead, the cruze will rank among the best.

A lot of this has to do with the customers perceived ling term reliability, etc, which the CRUZE can't really compete because the corolla has been around forever.

So from your first three senences you can't either which makes best selling LHD car for five months in the USA utterly irrelevent to private purchase Thailand which is what i said again in my post . Read the posts carefully and slowly as your frothing mouth is obviously obscuring your screen. As your so clever can you post the sales figures and position of the Cruze in other RHD markets with comparable population to Thailand so we can all get the real picture?.

Obviously you don't understand what ESP and TC do.

Also you convienetly went eight over the fact the Focus has a 4 speed transmission.

555555 :lol: :lol: :lol:

you are funny :rolleyes:

had the 849k baht Focus hatch come with a 6 speed dsg, I would have got one for my GF on the spot, we both like to keep the speed up. a sluggish 4 or 6 speed, well she can just drive the 2012 City sluggish 5 speed

hope you r not teaching today, convienetly

Obviously you don't understand what ESP and TC do.

I think you'll find he does. wink.gif

If he thinks ESP and traction control are just for "icy roads" then obviously he doesnt.

Traction Control is an extension of ABS. It keeps the wheels at an optimal slip ratio. This is specially helpful in rainy countries like Thailand. This is why my CRUZE feels so controlled when you drive on the rain. Traction control will help you maintain grip on the road and get you out of hydroplaning by putting the breaks on the tire(s) that don't have traction.

ESP - This is a system that works on the background and monitors vehicle steering and direction (nothing to do with icy roads). Compares the vehicle's direction with the driver's intended direction. It helps the car when, for example, you try to avoid an obstacle at a high rate of speed (also something that happens in Thailand all the time). The vehicle with ESP will avoid the obstacle and keep on course. The vehicle without ESP runs the risk of spinning out of control.

In addition, the CRUZE LS also has EBD and ABS just like the others. This is why the CRUZE feels so planted and grips the road so well.

The last months hasn't stopped raining. Thailand is basically under water, and driving through this rain and wet roads for a month straight really made the experience of driving a car with all this technology very satisfying.

Havent read up on Cruze Denso system, but at what speed does TC disengage? Bosch its usually 30-40kmh, and aquaplaning usually occurs at 80-180kmh

ESP is great for a lousy driver or when half asleep. Going fast, speed is better maintained by an active driver when ESP switched off

Oh forgot to mention, I worked developing TC, ESP, ABS/EBD. We got the boxes and wiring supplied from Bosch, and spendt months testdriving to optimize.

and even my Vigo came with these features. Doesnt make it "feel planted or grip the road so well":rolleyes:

the only thing TC and ESP can do, is to try to compensate drivers mistakes. Most need it, my TH GF and I do not

This has got to be one of the most bizarre threads ever on thaivisa auto. It's like this is the first car the guy has ever owned, and he's infatuated like a teenager with his first date.

yeah, my GF and I watched American PIE last night

as I am rather focused on facts, I find TH Cruze amuzing as its pure entertainment :D

gmshouldadied says:

Chev TH is struggeling to sell them at zero down and zero% interest

This has got to be one of the most bizarre threads ever on thaivisa auto. It's like this is the first car the guy has ever owned, and he's infatuated like a teenager with his first date.

as I am rather focused on facts, I find TH Cruze amuzing as its pure entertainment :D

I think we all agree it's been great fun. I especially like the comment in the Lancer v. Cruze thread that anyone who later decides to buy either a City or a Mazda 2 is only after a "cheap" car. I find this amusing because I own both of them, as well as some collector cars, and other high end stuff. :)

I think we all agree it's been great fun. I especially like the comment in the Lancer v. Cruze thread that anyone who later decides to buy either a City or a Mazda 2 is only after a "cheap" car. I find this amusing because I own both of them, as well as some collector cars, and other high end stuff. :)

Tell us more. :)

I like the sound of 'collector cars' & 'other high end stuff'. May I ask what they are? biggrin.gif

Edited by Woodsie888