Multiple Entry Visa

We probably need to get our Visa before leaving our country of origin the US, as we want to stay over the 30 day period and also will be re entering thailand after some additional traveling. We may re enter once and maybe even twice depends. :D

It would have been so nice not to have to send our passport to DC :o and figuring out how early but not to early we can apply for it. The 30 Visa on arrival sounded sooo good.:D since we can't be sure we will leave before March 21 and we arrive Jan 26, I can't depend on leaving the country for a few days and coming back. Besides wouldn't that be a multiple entry?

We are retired if that helps?

I am having a bad day as this is the second post I have not been able to read (and know it) but my guess is you are asking if you need a visa and the answer is yes if you do not have air travel scheduled within the first 30 day entry period.

If you do have that (could be a flight to Singapore or one of the places you say you plan to visit) there is no reason you should not use the 30 day entry - visit xxx land before that is used up - return to get another 30 day and a third if you make another trip. The only condition you need to meet is to have an onward ticket within 30 days when you check in for your flight to Bangkok.

If you do get a visa a single entry is all you need if you do not plan more than 30 days inside Thailand after your trip out. You would use the single entry to show airline and enter first time. Next entry you could make with 30 day stamp on arrival.