Invalid Reentry Visa

At present staying in Germany but holding a permanent resident permit in Thailand since more than 30 years and a multiple reentry visa for Thailand, I have now the following problem: The present rentry visa is expiring on 10th November 2005 but I will not make it in time to return to Thailand until then as I have to personally appear at a Court hearing in Germany on such date. My return flight to Thailand, originally scheduled for 8th November, will have to be postponed until after 10th November.

What would be the best to do: a) arrive in Thailand with an expired reentry visa (maybe to get one upon arrival at Don Muang Airport) :o apply now for a nonimmigrant or tourist visa at a Thai consulate in Germany c) other ?

• 2 weeks later...

Doc,

A residence permit does not expire but OP will be in breach of conditions.

My question. He re-enters on non-imm visa so gets 90days. Will he have to go to immigration to get his entry stamp overstamped.

If he has the money and stamina he could do a quick trip to Thailand, get a new re-entry, permit and back in time for his appointment.

(There appear to be a lot of contrived questions in this forum recently - if this is for real I apologise to OP.)