Where To Buy Tires For My Old Honda City

goforit

Tire Shop on the Super Highway just past Tesco Kamthieng and the Volvo dealer (same side of the highway). Large Michilen sign on top. Owner is a very nice person and speaks excellent English. Excellent prices, free wheel alignment, and if you buy Michilen you will get a book of coupons in the post from Michilen - free rotation every 8,000 km and I believe one more free alignment, just present the coupon book at the same shop.

There are about a thousand tireshops in Chiang mai, sure you can find one...

If you read the OP once more (maybe you can get somebody to help you), you will find that he is asking for recommendations and, if possible, prices. He is not asking where he can find any tyre shop.

/ Priceless

There are about a thousand tireshops in Chiang mai, sure you can find one...

If you read the OP once more (maybe you can get somebody to help you), you will find that he is asking for recommendations and, if possible, prices. He is not asking where he can find any tyre shop.

/ Priceless

Thanks for clarifying that Priceless. I specifically mentioned I had an older model Honda City and hoped that someone with a like vehicle maybe recently had gotten tires and could provide details on where they went and what it cost.

Someone posting there are a thousand tire shops is about as helpful as saying there are about 1000 restaurants if you are inquiring where you can get a good specific type meal. Why bother posting if you can't provide something that may benefit the OP in what they are looking for.

On the hang dong side of town. Near Tesco Airport, I have used Dunlop tire shop as well as the Cockpit just down from tesco across from Honda.

Honda city size, nearly like my small nissan, should be about 5000 for all if you don't want anything specail (off Brand but OK)

Both shops mounted and balanced and even checked alignment in the price.

The is a little mom and pop shop next to shell gas station that I DO NOT RECOMIND I did buy tires there 1 time, took then to get rebalanced and rotated and they charged me nearly the new cost. (I thought it would be included) Other shops do

good luck

On the hang dong side of town. Near Tesco Airport, I have used Dunlop tire shop as well as the Cockpit just down from tesco across from Honda.

Honda city size, nearly like my small nissan, should be about 5000 for all if you don't want anything specail (off Brand but OK)

Both shops mounted and balanced and even checked alignment in the price.

The is a little mom and pop shop next to shell gas station that I DO NOT RECOMIND I did buy tires there 1 time, took then to get rebalanced and rotated and they charged me nearly the new cost. (I thought it would be included) Other shops do

good luck

Thanks, this is the type of info I was looking for. Much appreciated.

Sorry I did not read that post well, it's for a Honda.. that's a very rare brand here.. must be very difficult finding tires..

Anyway goodluck.

I might need new tires and an alignment, but I think you need an attitude adjustment. No need to be a smart aleck when someone is searching for help on the forum, as I think others would agree with. If making worthless inane posts is what turns you on then you have a lot more problems than the rest of us. Maybe time for you to go back to where you came from.

Sorry I did not read that post well, it's for a Honda.. that's a very rare brand here.. must be very difficult finding tires..

Anyway goodluck.

I might need new tires and an alignment, but I think you need an attitude adjustment. No need to be a smart aleck when someone is searching for help on the forum, as I think others would agree with. If making worthless inane posts is what turns you on then you have a lot more problems than the rest of us. Maybe time for you to go back to where you came from.

That's funny I need to go back where I came from because you are not smart enough to do some research yourself where to get tires.(must be the easiest thing to get in Thailand besides finding a 7/11)

Maybe you need to go back where you come from, and buy your tires there...

That's funny I need to go back where I came from because you are not smart enough to do some research yourself where to get tires.(must be the easiest thing to get in Thailand besides finding a 7/11)

Ouch. :) On the one hand I completely agree.. Felt similar with the guy asking about where to buy stamps a couple days ago. You get the feeling that there are more and more people arriving in Chiang Mai who check their eyesight and common sense at Immigration. On the other hand it's equally sad that we're arguing like old ladies over where to buy a tyre or a hamburger.

[ EDIT: He asked about envelopes, not stamps. Same thing though. ]

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I'll try to explain this just once more: The OP did not ask where he could find any tyre dealer. He asked for a recommendation for one, i.e. a dealer of which other TV members had good experiences:

"recommendation > noun a suggestion or proposal as to the best course of action, especially one put forward by an authoritative body" [Oxford Dictionary of English, Oxford University Press 2006]

/ Priceless

The thing with tyres though its that they're pretty much all the same. There are a couple major, global brands (Michelin and Bridgestone specifically) as well as some lesser brands. But within each brand, the prices are almost the same. Personally I would just pick a shop that lets me pay for it over 6 months without interest. (which again is pretty much all of the major chains)

It's almost like asking for a recommendation for a 7-Eleven.

The thing with tyres though its that they're pretty much all the same. There are a couple major, global brands (Michelin and Bridgestone specifically) as well as some lesser brands. But within each brand, the prices are almost the same. Personally I would just pick a shop that lets me pay for it over 6 months without interest. (which again is pretty much all of the major chains)

It's almost like asking for a recommendation for a 7-Eleven.

Sorry i don't know what happend here please ignore this post.

Must of hit the wrong button some where along the line :o

Edited by tigerbalm

Back to business.

Hi

I recommend :)

There is a Place just past the Doi saket turn off heading North on the opposite side of the road along the 118, it does sell new tyres but it also sells second hand ones.

I bought 4 Dunlop Sports 20/30 (Second Hand) for the missus Vios in January the date stamp on the tyre wall which indicates the year and week of manufacture read ---4710 which indicted they were made in week 47 year 2010 so I recon they were max 7 weeks old as i purchased them in the second half of Jan 2011.

The garages I visited wanted 3000 Bht each so 12000 Bht for four, we ended up paying 7500Bht minus 500 Bht he gave us back for the old tyres, so the final bill came to 7000 Bht

Well pleased with the purchase .

I was a little skeptical at first but it was on the recommendation of two other friends who had purchased at the same place that made me eventually take a look at the place.

He had loads of second hand stuff, Vios tyre's on Vios alloys, Dmax tyre's on Dmax alloys which all looked nearly brand new. Etc Etc

I get the feeling that a lot of people Buy a car and lets say for example want to change the wheels to alloys and say put some Low profile tyre's on , well they have to end up some where so this is the type of place that ends up with the unwanted tyre's and rims .

If you are interested PM me for details of the location, I will be more than happy to take you up there one day as I don't live to far from the place.

Regards

TB

Just out of interest what e tyre size do you need?

• 4 months later...

Back to business.

Hi

I recommend smile.gif

There is a Place just past the Doi saket turn off heading North on the opposite side of the road along the 118, it does sell new tyres but it also sells second hand ones.

I bought 4 Dunlop Sports 20/30 (Second Hand) for the missus Vios in January the date stamp on the tyre wall which indicates the year and week of manufacture read ---4710 which indicted they were made in week 47 year 2010 so I recon they were max 7 weeks old as i purchased them in the second half of Jan 2011.

The garages I visited wanted 3000 Bht each so 12000 Bht for four, we ended up paying 7500Bht minus 500 Bht he gave us back for the old tyres, so the final bill came to 7000 Bht

I was a little skeptical at first but it was on the recommendation of two other friends who had purchased at the same place that made me eventually take a look at the place.

He had loads of second hand stuff, Vios tyre's on Vios alloys, Dmax tyre's on Dmax alloys which all looked nearly brand new. Etc Etc

I get the feeling that a lot of people Buy a car and lets say for example want to change the wheels to alloys and say put some Low profile tyre's on , well they have to end up some where so this is the type of place that ends up with the unwanted tyre's and rims .

If you are interested PM me for details of the location, I will be more than happy to take you up there one day as I don't live to far from the place.

Regards

TB

Thanks for extra-useful post.

Tire Shop on the Super Highway just past Tesco Kamthieng and the Volvo dealer (same side of the highway). Large Michilen sign on top. Owner is a very nice person and speaks excellent English. Excellent prices, free wheel alignment, and if you buy Michilen you will get a book of coupons in the post from Michilen - free rotation every 8,000 km and I believe one more free alignment, just present the coupon book at the same shop.

Thanks for the recommendation! We checked a couple of other shops, but the one you recommended was very professional and well equipped. The other two shops we checked into weren't very busy. This one had many customers. It was well run.

Back to business.

Hi

I recommend smile.gif

Regards

TB

Thanks for extra-useful post.

Actually I will go there next time but I've now seen mine are only worn on the outsides so someone is going to swap them round for me.

Edited by julesdick

It always preferable - if you're buying new - to buy from a large shop like Cockpit, etc. These larger places often have many tire sizes in stock, backup the tire warranty, and provide free or discounted rotations, balances, and alignments.

At Cockpit the rotate - bal - align service is about 200 baht. Without a membership or coupon book expect to pay 500 baht.

I get my tires from the Cockpit shop on Mae Rim Rs a few km north of the superhighway. They are nice. Fast. Speak English. Have free WiFi. And the only annoyance is that they stick a cockpit advert on my rear window every time I go there for service.

Highly recommended.