How Much Is Your Condo Maintenance Fee?

We pay 21 baht per sq. mtr. for our condo maintenance. It is a 15 floor condo with elevators. This includes a large swimming pool, 24 hour guards, groundskeeper, maintenance technician and four housekeepers and a manager and a total of 40 units. Is that a reasonable maintenance fee? Would like to hear what you pay and get an idea of the range of the fees.

Four maebaan to clean the common areas for 40 units?

Is the snoring constant or intermittent? You sure they're all alive?

Wait a minute......somethings fishy.

Average only 3 units per floor?

Older developments normally 15-20 Baht per sqm, new developments start at 30 Baht upwards tp 60Baht

....which is odd considering there's much less repair and the cleaning should be easier on a new building.

Perhaps they're using owners' money for the developer's snagging?

Edited by cheeryble

Older developments normally 15-20 Baht per sqm, new developments start at 30 Baht upwards tp 60Baht

....which is odd considering there's much less repair and the cleaning should be easier on a new building.

But they normally have more facilities, larger or even two pools, gymnasium, more parking etc etc etc

No there are two units per floor, but a total of three buildings. For 4,500 baht per month they don't work at breakneck speeds. They are large units average 255 Sq metres.

No there are two units per floor, but a total of three buildings.

One can only imagine what fills up the other space on the fifteen floors.

For 4,500 baht per month they don't work at breakneck speeds. They are large units......

So little exercise on a rice diet I'm hardly surprised.

Edited by cheeryble

I pay 15baht per SQM. But i think it is too low, the building is constantly trying to find new maids/cleaners as they always quit.. probably due to the salary offered is very low and next to no chance of a raise due to a very thin budget.

At lot of people look for a very low service cost, but in reality you are shooting yourself in the foot, as it will negatively affect the building in the long run.

The monthly fee for the Lalana complex on Soi Chaiyapruk in Jomtien is 10 baht per square meter. The grounds and pools are spotless and security is second to none. The fund is quite healthy.

The monthly fee for the Lalana complex on Soi Chaiyapruk in Jomtien is 10 baht per square meter. The grounds and pools are spotless and security is second to none. The fund is quite healthy.

Wow I don't think anyone can beat that. I think ours should be a bit less as the fund is over 14 million and they are to cheap to spend much. They don't seem to understand that the better it is maintained the more valuable it is.

The monthly fee for the Lalana complex on Soi Chaiyapruk in Jomtien is 10 baht per square meter. The grounds and pools are spotless and security is second to none.

I dont know why but I've always had a funny feeling about security in that complex. I'm not a nervous person at all but that complex just doesnt reassure me. Possibly to do with the huge difference between renovated units and non-renovated ones, and by extrapolation the people who live in them.

Apart from that I rather like it, and have looked at several units there.