Snack Of Dried Prunes And Some Nuts

Jingthing

I randomly picked up a package of dried prunes the other day for no particular reason (no snickers please) and then read some stuff on the net about the health benefit of prunes (similar to nuts). One was intriguing, eating them makes you feel FULL for a long time so potentially you may eat less food and calories for the day (a clear goal for a lot of us). Well for some days now I have had a snack of about six prunes and 12 unsalted peanuts and found that I feel full for MANY more hours than I normally would. But I was still eating three meals a day, so calorie-wise, maybe no benefit of all. Well today I just listened to my stomach and I realized I wasn't hungry at all for my normal "lunchtime" so ate breakfast and dinner only. Two meals a day plus the fruit/nut snack. For me that's exceptional. I don't skip meals. I don't feel like a late night gorge either. I may experiment with this and see if this could be a pattern for me, breakfast, snack, and dinner.

Normally in the past, for me skipping meals, or some other snack, has always BACKFIRED and I end of eating a lot more later, making up for any previous deficit. But this prune/nut thing might be different. This just happened randomly for me, wasn't really expecting to be able to skip meals.

Maybe this tactic interests to help in your weight loss goals.

Thanks for the tip about prunes. Must keep you regular as well.

My favourite breakfast is porridge with some chopped dates as a sweetener. (which also allows me to set my watch first thing in the morning as I head for the bathroom).

One of the few breakfasts that carry me through to lunch without a snack.

Does anyone know if I will be able to buy regular rolled oats (not the quick cooking ones) in Thailand?

Still 3 years to retirement, but all information is useful if stored away.

Thanks for the tip about prunes. Must keep you regular as well.

My favourite breakfast is porridge with some chopped dates as a sweetener. (which also allows me to set my watch first thing in the morning as I head for the bathroom).

One of the few breakfasts that carry me through to lunch without a snack.

Does anyone know if I will be able to buy regular rolled oats (not the quick cooking ones) in Thailand?

Still 3 years to retirement, but all information is useful if stored away.

In cities with fancy imported markets like Villa, etc., yes you can buy real oats that you actually have to cook. I also think there is price/quality variance, some cheaper brands in bags probably from Australia, and some super expensive kinds from Scotland. I eat Quaker quick cook oats which are priced fine and the can says they come from Malaysia.