Flooding Continues In Many Thai Provinces

Lite Beer

Flooding continues in many provinces

image_20110807155529A3743E97-F026-FF5C-27365D6E042581CA.jpg

MAE HONG SON, Aug 7 – Flooding has persisted in many provinces while, a search is ongoing to find a missing person in flood and landslide in Mae Hong Son.

Army rangers and officials of the Salawin National Park are searching for a missing person due to flood and landslide in Mae Hong Son’s Sop Moei district. They conducted a search on foot as heavy machinery cannot be transported into the area.

For rehabilitation, local people are moving their belongings from a temporary shelter at a temple back to their home. Flood relief supplies, dried foods and medicine have been distributed to flood victims by local authorities.

Flooding caused damage to several houses at Banmaelamaluang and Banlaoon temporary shelters for displaced persons. However, there were no reports of injuries or deaths.

In Phichit’s Pho Thale district, the water level in the Yom River has been increasing continuously. Farmers in the area were forced to harvest rice before it was damaged by floods.

In Lamphun, floodwaters have started to recede but villagers still cannot yet return to their houses. The stalled water is turning noxious and some people are suffering from athlete’s foot fungal infections.

In Chiang Mai’s San Sai district, many areas are still under floods almost one metre deep. The water is becoming stagnant, and a lot of fish were dying off. Many villagers’ belongings--mostly electric appliances--have been damaged by flooding.

In the Northeast, although the situation has returned to normal in many provinces, in Nakhon Phanom’s Tha Uthen district floodwaters are still high, with houses and a temple are under water. Local residents here are forced to travel by boat. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-08-07

Flooding has persists in many provinces while, a search is ongoing to find a missing person in flood and landslide in Mae Hong Son.

Please tell me whoever wrote this didn't go to an English language journalism school.

I don't think they did - Rehabitation seems a better fit.

For rehabilitation, local people are moving their belongings from a temporary shelter at a temple back to their home

How do you plan for major flooding put out a few sandbags. I believe the US got hit farily hard this spring and lost a lot more lives than they have here. But having said that there are people who are being affected by this, they are losing property and their lively hood and you guys are worried about grammer and spelling give it a break.

http://www.thaivisa....ossible-floods/

This guy is a total Wilf. Does anybody in this country ever think and plan for events after the next meal?

No, the behavior exhibited by most Thais will confuse foreigners until you grasp this basic concept that they rarely think beyond the present. The only other places I've visited which were worse were Greece and Cambodia.

Out of interest, what's a Wilf?

Flooding has persists in many provinces while, a search is ongoing to find a missing person in flood and landslide in Mae Hong Son.

Please tell me whoever wrote this didn't go to an English language journalism school.

Let's see your report in perfect Thai.

Regards

Let's see your report in perfect Thai.

Regards

Your missing the point

ScubaBuddha is not claiming to be Thai language journo...:whistling: and if he was as a farang producing Thai languge copy and there were any mistakes in his copy, I would bet he would be taking a slagging from Thai readers/jouro's for not being able to write Thai properly.

So IMHO...if someone who professes to be able to write copy in the English language on a professional basis and they make similar mistakes...yes they should be getting a slagging as well.