Bbc Programme Tonight - Assassinated Reds To Get Justice....

coolhandjoe

Some interesting historical comparisons from Thailands past and some interesting questions about the future, worth a view.

This World

Thailand - Justice Under Fire Fergal Keane reports from Thailand, where recently elected prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has promised justice for the victims of army violence. He meets families of those who suffered at the hands of the military, and investigates allegations of a cover-up among the country's ruling elite

Category Documentary

Director Jonathan Jones

Producer Mark Alden

BBC2 London 10:30pm-11:30pm (1 hour ) Sun 7 Aug

I saw the bbc documentary,nothing new learnt,dont belive any of the army snipers will be prosecuted despite sister taksin promise.

But the repoter did seem lost for words for an instant when absit makes the point that it took many years for the bloody sunday massacre to be recognised and to my knowledge,still no soldiers have been prosecuted for that.

I saw the bbc documentary,nothing new learnt,dont belive any of the army snipers will be prosecuted despite sister taksin promise.

But the repoter did seem lost for words for an instant when absit makes the point that it took many years for the bloody sunday massacre to be recognised and to my knowledge,still no soldiers have been prosecuted for that.

Surely no such promise has been made

What he actually said was "I'm an Irishman, I knew the truth fairly quickly"

I think the 'pause' was him thinking it was quite strange that Abhisit had used that as an example.

I know I thought 'why would you quote that fiasco as an example of how well you're investigating what happened in 2010?'

All in all an interesting and well put together programme, in my opinion.

We're still waiting for "justice" from the massacres in '73, '76, '92 and all the thousands and thousands of extrajudicial executions that occurred in "the war on drugs", "the war on the CPT and sympathetic villagers", "the war on Southern separatists", etc. The list goes on.

Thailand doesn't do prosecution of senior military or police figures. There is no precedent or desire for it.

We're still waiting for "justice" from the massacres in '73, '76, '92 and all the thousands and thousands of extrajudicial executions that occurred in "the war on drugs", "the war on the CPT and sympathetic villagers", "the war on Southern separatists", etc. The list goes on.

Thailand doesn't do prosecution of senior military or police figures. There is no precedent or desire for it.

Because inevitably the people involved were following orders, so inevitably it leads to the very top. As Thailand is not a transparent democracy with equal justice for all, this simply cannot happen.

Thanks Coolhandjoe for sharing this.. downloading it now.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai