Allergy ?

meatboy

when the wife was liveing in the uk she suffered with hayfever,up until 10days ago she has never had a problem in thailand,but she is know getting itchy eyes,runny nose and itching on her arms.could it be the trees and shrubbs in the garden as they are maturing and plenty of blossom showing,anyone else exsperiencing the same symptoms.we have tried to narrow it down,eg.shampoo,washing powder,soap,even bed bugs so some help would be greatly appreciated.

I dont have a hay fever but i have definitely the same symptoms as your wife . Itchy eyes and arms , running nose in the morning and some mucus in my throat. I went to the hospital and they gave me a skin prick test. They said i was allergic to bed bugs and dust . Where do you live? Bangkok busy area? Air pollution could be the cause too. Get some skin prick test any hospital can do that.

I have suffered from allergies since a child. Here are some remedy tips for her. Dont eat seafoods especially shrimps and crabs, these 2 are an absolute NO. Next is dust, try to keep dust to a minimum and wipe the house surfaces regularly, get an air purifier if you need to. During spring, try to use the air cond as much as possible as it prevents outside dust from entering the house and also conditions cooler air.<BR><BR>Those are the prevention tips I can give you.<BR><BR>Next, the remedies.<BR>When facing with itchy eyes which eventually leads to swollen eyes. DONT RUB the eyes, it makes things worse. Take an ice cube wrap it in a cloth, and make the cloth slightly wet, cover the whole eye. It prevents inflammation, and immediately the itch is gone, it can be removed after 10-15 minutes and wont bother you for a while. If in inconvenient places, take a tissue and wrap it 4 times, soak in water, and place on the eye, with eyelids closed.<BR><BR>Another thing is, buy her a multi vitamin supplement. Maybe centrum, I took it and my allergy response improved HUGE. More immune. Some days for weeks, I forgot I have allergies.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR>

Oh and for sneezing and running nose/itchy nose. Get a flu mask, and wear it. You'll think "oh, then she has to wear it 24 hours a day.". Nope. It's just a moment, once that moment passes, it's fine. Same with the itchy eyes, it's bothering you now, but once you put that coldwater/ice object on the eye, in 10 minutes, it's literally gone. You are immune for 1 day for example. Same with the flu mask, wear it until you stop feeling itchy and sneezing, then remove it. You wont need it for a while.

Edited by JacChang

thank you for the replys,where we live in nakon ratchasima the air is free from pollution,i will get my wife to go and have a skin test,we did stip our bed of all the sheets [at night time] but didnt find any of those red pests,also i havent had any bites. jacchang i think you might have hit the nail on the head,fri.and sat night was the worst for scratching her arms,guess what she had in the evening CRAB the last 2 nights have got better exsp.last night,so once again thanks for your suggestions.