Furniture Polish - Help Please

Pormax

I live near Nanrong and can not find Furniture Polish such as 'Pledge' or ' Mr. Sheen'. Have looked everywhere I can think of in Buriram including Macro and Big C. The last time I bought Pledge was when I was in Pattaya in Carrefour. So recently had to go to Pattaya but now Carrefour gone and Big C in its place with no furniture polish sold. Do Thai people never use polish on furniture? Even in the big stores I get a blank then amused expression when it is explained what I want. If you know of anywhere near Buriram or Korat where I can buy furniture polish, please let me know.

You can buy 'Pledge' in Nang Rong. Supermarket 'Taveekit' is the place. It's where we get it . Print off this picture and show them. They usually have it in the orange/red can

20304.jpg

Edited by sinbin

Last week our local (small) Tesco had both Yellow (under 300thb) orange (over 300) cans of Pledge.

Too expensive so back on the shelf. Instead the HomeCare (?) hardware chain keep big tins of hard wax type polish -- harder work but 25% the price

You can buy 'Pledge' in Nang Rong. Supermarket 'Taveekit' is the place. It's where we get it . Print off this picture and show them. They usually have it in the orange/red can

20304.jpg

Thanks for your reply will check it out in the next couple of days.

Edited by Pormax

20304.jpg

Being rather new to the area I have no idea where the Taveekit Supermarket is. Could you tell me please. It is not the one by the market as I have looked in there.

Last week our local (small) Tesco had both Yellow (under 300thb) orange (over 300) cans of Pledge.

Too expensive so back on the shelf. Instead the HomeCare (?) hardware chain keep big tins of hard wax type polish -- harder work but 25% the price

Thanks for your reply. You do not say where your local small Tesco is??

post-116788-0-06433600-1312818476_thumb.

The Kiwi on the left is made for wood furniture but in a pinch you can get by with the wax cream on the right. You do need to go out and buy a lemon scented air freshener though to complete the effect. :D

20304.jpg

Being rather new to the area I have no idea where the Taveekit Supermarket is. Could you tell me please. It is not the one by the market as I have looked in there.

Taveekit supermarket in on the main road (route24). Travelling from the direction of Korat, it's approx 100m+ on the right before the first set of traffic lights. For some unexplainable reason they stack it on the shelves near to the insect repellants. it's definately sold there. May be they were out of stock when you called ?

Taveekit supermarket in on the main road (route24). Travelling from the direction of Korat, it's approx 100m+ on the right before the first set of traffic lights. For some unexplainable reason they stack it on the shelves near to the insect repellants. it's definately sold there. May be they were out of stock when you called ?

Hi Sinbin, just to thank you once again and to let you know I now have the Pledge polish. As you said was in Taveekit Supermarket. Went this morning and scoured the shelves with insect repellant. Could not see. Asked an assistant but got a blank look. Decided to have a more controlled look this time because you said you had bought it from there. I found it next to the car cleaning/polish goods. They now have the Lemon and Orange tins. Quite surprised at the price, some replies I had were quoting 300B but I bought it for 216B and by the look of the pricing tab it had just gone up. Yes, expensive compared to the UK but nothing one can do about that. we live in Thailand. Listening to the Uk news regarding the riots back home I am glad I am not there. Regards, Max

• 12 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...