Restaurant M&M Mario & Megges

osmar

Thank you for these directions.

Fro my tastes it is the best on the east side of Phuket bnut tghe woman is dreadful. After a few less than pleasant moments in her domain I have stopped going there.

Nikats pixxa is ok for me

I knew this was going to come up in this thread, and frankly I wonder how many of the people who criticize Maggie are just crappy customers............

Probably her way of clearing out the riff-raff.

Been going there for years, enjoy the food and enjoy Maggies personality.

Thank you for these directions.

Fro my tastes it is the best on the east side of Phuket bnut tghe woman is dreadful. After a few less than pleasant moments in her domain I have stopped going there.

I knew this was going to come up in this thread, and frankly I wonder how many of the people who criticize Maggie are just crappy customers............

seconded

Best Italian Pizza in Phuket, and I enjoy Maggies personality. So does my TH GF :D

only one disadvantage, it is not in Kata ;)

When I'm a custom,er I will not be treated as a necessary evil. Oh, one more thing.. tis not fine dining but still the place need a keeping and the hong nam's are not up to standard. As to the gent who said she is just clkeaning out the riff raff... Many people feel the same way.

Edited by LivinginKata
unnecessary remarks removed

+1 :thumbsup:

Never had a problem with her

Am I to take that as an insult...I could, but will not, get many people I know to post as to her bad attitude.. Anyway,

+1 :thumbsup:

Never had a problem with her

Me too as she has always been friendly & polite to me. If I am craving for a good pizza that is where I go.

A tad off topic but it has to be said:

I've tried the pizzas at Nikita's, M&M's, Amalfi, Ellis (now closed) and without a doubt, the best pizzas in Rawai are from Modena on Sai Yuan Rd. Check it out.

Everytime I have driven past Modena in the evening it is empty. There seems to be one poster who always recommends Modena, is that you?

Am I to take that as an insult...I could, but will not, get many people I know to post as to her bad attitude.. Anyway,

Considering how many of your topics and posts are you complaining (ripped of here, no free stuff there) I am not surprised you're complaining herepassifier.gif

As you say, "anyway", more room for us when we go.

I have never had a problem with Maggie, I kinda like her... But more times than not my pizza is a bit on the charred side, which I don't like. KBB, have you tried Companinas in Kata? The pizza is really good, but the service isn't... But I still go there for pizza and I live in Rawai. I've heard a couple of people mention Modena, I'll have to try it sometime.

I've tried the pizzas at Nikita's, M&M's, Amalfi, Ellis (now closed) and without a doubt, the best pizzas in Rawai are from Modena on Sai Yuan Rd. Check it out.

Go there on occasion for take away. If M&M were the same distance from home would way prefer M&M.

I have never had a problem with Maggie, I kinda like her... But more times than not my pizza is a bit on the charred side, which I don't like. KBB, have you tried Companinas in Kata? The pizza is really good, but the service isn't... But I still go there for pizza and I live in Rawai. I've heard a couple of people mention Modena, I'll have to try it sometime.

Capanina was my favorite pizza in Phuket from they opened about 6-7 years ago, until I started going to M&M about 2 years ago. Still need a Capanina once a month as they have some unique toppings, and are easy distance for take away. It took Mario a year or two before he let any Thai into the pizza bakery. Thais could do the rest of the food, but the pizzas are holy for Mario. The Montanara with trouffle cream, mushrooms, ham and Italian sausage is simply unique.

but I must admit M&Ms pizza dough is the best I have ever had :jap:

and Maggie and her staff makes us enjoy it even more :D

Everytime I have driven past Modena in the evening it is empty. There seems to be one poster who always recommends Modena, is that you?

Give yourself a treat next time you're driving past and get yourself a take-away pizza. Maybe next time it will be you recommending Modena once you've sampled their pizzas.

Give yourself a treat next time you're driving past and get yourself a take-away pizza. Maybe next time it will be you recommending Modena once you've sampled their pizzas.

I'll try Modena as it's not far to travel. Beside that tis not far from so good bars!

Seconded. My favorite used to be Grumpy Pizza in Chalong, but has now been replaced by Modena, which I like even more. I love the dough and either the Bologna or the Calzone just do the trick for me. After that it's a tie up between M&M and Capannina for me or Salvatore in Phuket Town, which is a bit far for me though. One thing I found important with M&M is not ordering a pizza with too many "wet" topics, as the middle of the pizza then sometimes looks more like a soup. Still tasty though. Gotta say, I did catch him once on an average day, just when I went there with a mate to introduce him to what I regarded as the best pizza in town...

There are never that many people sitting and eating at Modena, which may have to do with a bit of a basic atmo and being right next to the street. He does seem to bung out quite a few take away pizzas whenever I am there. So, no worries about the freshness of the ingredients from my side.

Have to agree Modena is very good but I like the calzone (with bell pepers instead of artichoce) better at M&M's.

For me M&M's is just a bit to far away just for a pizza.

BTW. At Modena's you don't have to follow the menu, just order any pizza you like.

• 2 months later...

Went to M&M's day before last.

The food has gone waaaaaay downhill but the apologists will come on here and tell me the food shortages have hampered the usual ingredients.

Bleh, it was bad and won't return due to the embarrassment I felt telling my friends to try it after me raving about it.

Went to M&M's day before last.

The food has gone waaaaaay downhill but the apologists will come on here and tell me the food shortages have hampered the usual ingredients.

Bleh, it was bad and won't return due to the embarrassment I felt telling my friends to try it after me raving about it.

Been there a few times the last four weeks, food has been excellent.

If you are in Kata why make the trek (?), you have Campanina.

Place is ok, but a little overrated. Nice ambiance and good variety of pizzas, but many hidden frozen items on the menu as well in regards to (some) of the pastas. Nick folks though, they will let you know if you ask what's homemade and what is not if you ask.