Where To Pay (Late) Electric Bill In San Sai

lukeskywalker

As you're coming from San-Sai market towards Mae-Jo, about a mile from San-Sai, on the left & just before a small bridge, there is often electrical-equipment & trucks at the side of their office, which also has parking at-the-front for about a dozen cars.

Hope this helps ! :thumbsup:

As you're coming from San-Sai market towards Mae-Jo, about a mile from San-Sai, on the left & just before a small bridge, there is often electrical-equipment & trucks at the side of their office, which also has parking at-the-front for about a dozen cars.

Hope this helps ! :thumbsup:

Tried that about two months ago and was sent to the main Chiang Mai Electricity office on the old Lamphun Road....on the right hand side heading from Narawat Bridge towards Nong Hoi Junction and before the Holiday Inn.. Good luck.

Edited by Raindancer

There is another electric co. in San Sai, if your coming up Route 1001 which is also called the Majoe-Pharo Rd. from Chiang Mai town go 9 km from Super Highway 11 and take a right at the traffic lights at Majoe University (it's sign posted San Sai) and go 4 km which is still Route 1001, and you'll see it on your right. You can also get there from the other direction by turning left onto Route 1001 from Route 118 (Doi Saket) at the San Sai market.

There is another electric co. in San Sai, if your coming up Route 1001 which is also called the Majoe-Pharo Rd. from Chiang Mai town go 9 km from Super Highway 11 and take a right at the traffic lights at Majoe University (it's sign posted San Sai) and go 4 km which is still Route 1001, and you'll see it on your right. You can also get there from the other direction by turning left onto Route 1001 from Route 118 (Doi Saket) at the San Sai market.

[/quote

Edited by Raindancer

Simply pay the guy when he comes to your house with your bill. A lot less hassle :)

In all the times I have asked to do this I have been refused, the date of payment on the bill is always the day after the guy has been so he never lets me pay him.

Main office on the old Lamphun road. Done it many times. They're very efficient there.

In fact... I must say last time was one of the most efficient lines I've ever seen: It went from 0 to 35 within about 5 Minutes! The place was absolutely packed, and there was a new number up every few seconds. Ka-ching!

They only accept cash (part of what makes this so fast) but there are ATMS right outside.

Main office on the old Lamphun road. Done it many times. They're very efficient there.

In fact... I must say last time was one of the most efficient lines I've ever seen: It went from 0 to 35 within about 5 Minutes! The place was absolutely packed, and there was a new number up every few seconds. Ka-ching!

They only accept cash (part of what makes this so fast) but there are ATMS right outside.

You can not pay your bill there if you live in Sansai.

I too have tried to pay the guy (or gal) who came to shut off the juice on the one occasion I forgot and they refused.

As for the directions, I think one of the above is correct. I got lost the first time I went there. It's on a country road in the middle of nowhere.

I believe that's the one I described earlier, but coming from Mae-Jo, rather than San-Sai.

Whatever, good luck ! :)

I think the requirement that we have to trek out to CM-Lamphun Rd. to pay overdue bills is just their little way of letting us know they want our money. Only had to do it once, but don't plan to do it again. Yes, the office is very efficient, but it's a giant pain to reach if you have to use song thaews. At least I learned something about the blue song thaews.

If the OP is actually receiving bills in his little box after the due date, then that's something he should take up with the electric company. Our meter reader always comes by on the 28th and prints the bill for that date. It may not be legit for them to read the meter and print out a bill that was actually due before the date they read the meter.

I was told if you live on the West side of MaeJo road, that is the side Rimping market is on, then you pay down by the holiday inn. If you live on the East side you pay at the office in MaeJo past the MaeJo University, as described above. Hope this helps, I found out the hard way, after they arbitrarily changed the due date by a full 10 days. I say arbitrarily, perhaps that was what some of that annoying loudspeaker chatter was all about.

Is there no way that you can have your bill direct debited from your account and have the bill paid automatically...I ask this because i will be away for a few months at a time and will not be there to pay the bill. Any advice on that scenario?? Mike

Is there no way that you can have your bill direct debited from your account and have the bill paid automatically...I ask this because i will be away for a few months at a time and will not be there to pay the bill. Any advice on that scenario?? Mike

When we built our home, several years ago, we were indeed required to open an account at the Bangkok-Bank, so that they could take the money monthly by direct-debit. This might be the answer to your problem ? B)

When we built our home, several years ago, we were indeed required to open an account at the Bangkok-Bank, so that they could take the money monthly by direct-debit. This might be the answer to your problem ? B)

Yes, for a while our electric bill was direct debited to our Bangkok Bank account. We had to travel to the electric company office to set this up, after first visiting Bangkok Bank and gettting an explanation (and maybe some forms) from them. The electric company set it up in a jiffy; the travel time to their office took longer.

The first electric bill after we set it up was confusing. I didn't read Thai at the time and didn't know if it was going to be debited. I took it to a 7-11 to pay and they were puzzled, saying they couldn't handle it because there wasn't a bar code on the bill. (Now I know that was our clue that it was going to be paid via direct debit.)

We had a little problem in stopping the direct debit when we moved. Submitted form thru Bangkok Bank and requested a "stop date" after the date of the last bill. Unfortunately, it was put into effect immediately, so the last bill wasn't paid, earning us another trip to the electric company.

Since then, we've just paid the bills at a 7-11, figuring we'd ask a friend to get the bill out of the box if we ever were gone on the 28th of the month.

I've been paying my electricity (and water, phone/ADSL, UBC etc) bills by direct debit through SCB for the last 2½-3 years now. Never a glitch. Talk to your bank about it, they should have all the forms and information you need.

/ Priceless

I just move in to Chiengmai. My house is in Suannonsri village , i used to go san sai electric office from my village then turn left at Rimping intersection , keep going straight till intersection

then turn left then u will see it on your left side before 7/11 .

I just move in to Chiengmai. My house is in Suannonsri village , i used to go san sai electric office from my village then turn left at Rimping intersection , keep going straight till intersection

then turn left then u will see it on your left side before 7/11 .

Sorry but that is not the Sansai Electric Company. But welcome to the forum.

I believe that's the one I described earlier, but coming from Mae-Jo, rather than San-Sai.

Whatever, good luck ! :)

Oh yeah, just realized I was thinking of something else, guess this is the Electric Co. in San Sai (the google map is correct for the one I'm referring to) which was no use to him, sorry guys

Edited by junglechef

OK, I just returned, thanks to all for the directions and here is my information.

From Rimping intersection (or from Ring Road (11) and 1001 intersection), go all the way down (about 6-8 kilometers). You will come to one red light, ignore this light. Just pass it and there will be another light (fairly large intersection) with a sign on the left that points down the road you want to go on that reads "San Sai", where you can only turn right and it is just before MaeJo Uni. So, once you turn, MaeJo Uni. will be running on your left. You will go over a bridge and it will soon feel like you've gone the wrong way because after MaeJo uni quits, it becomes very rural. However, keep going (about 4 kilometers from when you turned) and you'll see it on the right. NO sign on the road, but you can see the building from the road and the building's name is in both in English and Thai.

Bank payment is the best because being late is a serious pain and expensive. My original bill was 2,005 baht, but I had to pay almost 2,400 baht including late fee.