Looking For Tractor

fish58

Thanks Foreverford , I am near kabin buri

In Chai Badan, just outside of town (south) in Lop Buri there is a guy (small time dealer) who had many for sale a few years ago and I checked them out a bit at 6:30 am. He had 2 and 4 wheel drive models. where are you located? FF

Thanks Foreverford , I am near kabin buri

In Chai Badan, just outside of town (south) in Lop Buri there is a guy (small time dealer) who had many for sale a few years ago and I checked them out a bit at 6:30 am. He had 2 and 4 wheel drive models. where are you located? FF

Have you looked in the "Pinned" topics above in regards to equipment, you should find some very good info. Prachin Buri looks like it is right on the outskirts of "tractorville". There are a bunch of sources out in that eastern side of Bangkok and surrounding provinces. What are you looking for in regards to price and condition. I have a "Seven" for sale, it's a new 7 disc Thai plow (I've got two of them). FFF

If you're looking for a used M 5000 you can check out your local Kubota dealer.

My local dealer in Udon Thani has rows of used tractors in the back, but most of them are repos.

I'd also tread very carefully on used tractors here, most of the locals buy them with a plan to make "too much money" hiring them out. Around where I live they buy them, put a young inexperienced guy behind the wheel and tell them quick quick. I've seen them upside down in klongs and buried up to the seat in mudholes.

My wife's cousin bought one at the same time I did last year and his looks 10 years old now and beat to hell

When the service techs came to do the 1 year check on mine they asked the wife why it still looks new? and doesn't need the clutch and brakes adjusted.

My local dealer in Udon Thani has rows of used tractors in the back, but most of them are repos.

I'd also tread very carefully on used tractors here, most of the locals buy them with a plan to make "too much money" hiring them out. Around where I live they buy them, put a young inexperienced guy behind the wheel and tell them quick quick. I've seen them upside down in klongs and buried up to the seat in mudholes.

My wife's cousin bought one at the same time I did last year and his looks 10 years old now and beat to hell

When the service techs came to do the 1 year check on mine they asked the wife why it still looks new? and doesn't need the clutch and brakes adjusted.

So so true that is why the Fords are so amazing they mostly have been modified and beefed up to take the Thai abuse and everyone anywhere can work on them. When my b-i-l burned up the clutch finally on ours amazingly we had it replaced for under 3000 baht!! (that is with the dozer blade and splitting the thing completely in half, truly unbelieveable!) Fine to Fix Fords Forever

So so true that is why the Fords are so amazing they mostly have been modified and beefed up to take the Thai abuse and everyone anywhere can work on them. When my b-i-l burned up the clutch finally on ours amazingly we had it replaced for under 3000 baht!! (that is with the dozer blade and splitting the thing completely in half, truly unbelieveable!) Fine to Fix Fords Forever

FF

I have to agree with you on the Fords toughness. I've seen them do things with the old ones that would leave a Kubota in the terminal ward. When I have heavy bush work to do I hire them and leave the orange one in the shed. Cheaper all around

The old Fords are 100% metal, after a year with my Kubota I can see there's too many plastic parts for the cowling and the tin parts are very light gauge. I am impressed with the engine and drive train though. But all I do is plowing,rototilling, and grass cutting. No tree bashing allowed.

I don't think I can replace a clutch for 3000 baht either.

But I operate mine myself and don't let the wife's cousin's use it, however many hair brained ideas they get to borrow it and make "too much money"

FF

I have to agree with you on the Fords toughness. I've seen them do things with the old ones that would leave a Kubota in the terminal ward. When I have heavy bush work to do I hire them and leave the orange one in the shed. Cheaper all around

The old Fords are 100% metal, after a year with my Kubota I can see there's too many plastic parts for the cowling and the tin parts are very light gauge. I am impressed with the engine and drive train though. But all I do is plowing,rototilling, and grass cutting. No tree bashing allowed.

I don't think I can replace a clutch for 3000 baht either.

But I operate mine myself and don't let the wife's cousin's use it, however many hair brained ideas they get to borrow it and make "too much money"

You've got it. I always felt a clutch on a tractor should almost last a lifetime and I'm sure yours definitely will. A normal farm tractor like yours shouldn't need much overhaul in a lifetime of one operator who maintains it but when it gets to multiple operators and lack of maintainence the decline is exponential and "too much money"!. FF