Troubled Tiger Airways Australia Cleared To Fly Again

webfact

Troubled Tiger Airways Australia cleared to fly again

Singapore: -- Budget carrier Tiger Airways Australia on Wednesday was cleared to resume flights nearly six weeks after it was grounded by the regulators for safety concerns, officials said.

The Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Australia (CASA) said it had lifted the flight ban after the carrier had "cooperated with CASA's investigation and is to be credited for a constructive approach."

The regulator said it had imposed a new set of safety conditions covering pilot training and other issues, adding that Tiger had demonstrated that it could comply.

"On that basis, CASA now believes allowing Tiger Airways Australia to resume operations is acceptable," director for aviation safety John McCormick said.

The carrier was grounded July 2 as "a serious and imminent risk to air safety" after two Tiger planes flew below the safe altitude within one month.

Before the suspension, the carrier had a fleet of 10 aircraft in Australia, operating to and from 14 destinations.

Tiger Airways Holdings Ltd, which is about one-third-owned by Singapore Airlines, earlier said it might trim its loss-making Australian business once the flight ban was lifted.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-08-10

Quote (earlier said it might trim its loss-making Australian business once the flight ban was lifted)

I would say definetly tiger will cut operations in OZ they are the worst for service and on time performance is not good either,

but only good for keeping other airlines prices down a bit i would say.

Whilst talking about airlines hows A asia now everyone can fly there motto!!

priced a flight of theres lately?

I would say they should change there motto to now everyone cannot fly at least with them!!!