Extension Of O Visa

Hello All

I'm currently on a 3 month O visa which finishes at the end of the

month. I've been told by immigration that they will extend this visa

for 14 days as the monies from abroad have still not arrived. All the

other documents are in place.

If by the 14th the monies havn't arrived and I have to leave the country, will the consulate in Penang issue me with another 3 month O visa? Or will the application be rejected.

I really only want to make the trip to Penang once.

Your comments would be apprecited

Thanks

What are using (slow boat express)? A SWIFT wire transfer only takes a few hours from USA so would think 14 days would be more than enough.

As you do not say what extension of stay you are planning on getting will qualify that the support Thai wife should not be a problem getting another visa (or even a multi) but if you have already obtained the O for a stated retirement and had 3 1/2 months to get your act together and applied again I would not be very impressed. But I am not working there and you may well have better luck. :o

What are using (slow boat express)?  A SWIFT wire transfer only takes a few hours from USA so would think 14 days would be more than enough.

As you do not say what extension of stay you are planning on getting will qualify that the support Thai wife should not be a problem getting another visa (or even a multi) but if you have already obtained the O for a stated retirement and had 3 1/2 months to get your act together and applied again I would not be very impressed.  But I am not working there and you may well have better luck. :o

I'm waiting on the sale of some property, so at the minute it could be

3 days, it could be 3 weeks.

I am planning on getting a years extension for this visa, supporting a child and

thai wife.

Hope this helps.

In that case another visa from Penang should not be any problem. Just take marriage certificate and for good measure copy of wife ID card if she not with you. Do not believe they normally require the ID but some consulates do. If you expect money may not be available for a longer period you might want to get the multi entry non immigrant O visa. You can use any entry (last 30 days) to do the extension paperwork.

I'm waiting on the sale of some property, so at the minute it could be

3 days, it could be 3 weeks.

I am planning on getting a years extension for this visa, supporting a child and

thai wife.

Hope this helps.

Noodles. I could have assisted you earlier but you failed to disclose the above pertinent information. I have censored further comments other the good bye.