Favourite Spots In Patters

britmaveric

King Kong soi 6

Music that I really like (bluegrass, r&b, blues, george thorogood etc etc)

Fair prices Chang 65baht

Sleazy

Easy-going

No hassles

Dirty girls

Thanks, Johnny! We have similar tastes in music. At least that's among my favorites. I'm an old dog, so rock, unless it's old time R&R or Motown, is not for me. I'm one of those folks who believes that the good music written after 1970 could be put onto one CD! :D

And Chang is also my favorite Thai beer. I like Singha with a meal, but prefer the lighter Chang when just having a few beers.

As for the girls, best left for PMs! :D:D:o

(What, no massage?) :D

Now all I have to do is learn where soi 6 is. I'm sure I'll find it when I get there.

George

Good music after 1970? 60s guy myself British and San Francisco music.

to get to soi 6 take a baht bus along 2nd road past the montien and hard rock hotels but not as far as Big C. It runs between 2nd and Beach Roads so sit facing Beach rd. Its a street of bars but not open air beer bars. Can't miss it anyway.

No massage on soi 6, but you can get a lube and oil change.

I'm staying at the Hard Rock this time around. Have never explored Soi 6 or anything on that side of town. Any recomdations. Places to chill....and otherwise?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm staying at the Hard Rock this time around. Have never explored Soi 6 or anything on that side of town. Any recomdations. Places to chill....and otherwise?

:D :D :D

Are you in for a surprise... :D

You can chill in Soi 6 ?????? :D:D:D

Shhhhhh Shhhhhhh don't ruin it for him!!! :D

Staying at the Hard Rock? :o

Waste of money.

Yeah, you can chill on soi 6 alright.

Edited by johnnyk

OK guys...

Hard Rock might be a waste of money, But I'm do for a little spoiling.

Take it, Soi 6 isnt such a good idea....point taken

Blues factory and the usual haunts it is.

nobody said it wasn't such a good idea. :D

for me, its the best idea when i'm in town. :o

If you are easily shocked - don't go there!!! :D

If I was easily shocked I wouldnt be working in Iraq. And I certainly wouldnt consider Pattaya my favorite destination (thus far). But Thanks for the advice!

Actually enjoy a good jolt from time to time

In a good natured sort of way of course :o

Actually enjoy a good jolt from time to time...

You'll definitely enjoy Soi 6 then... :D

I've never heard it called a "jolt" before... :D

Shocked...jolt :o

I see its mess with the new guy night

I'm beginning to wonder if Soi 6 has any connection to "boys town", if so, I would be shocked...and wouldn't enjoy anything resembling a jolt! :D

Your missing the point Howler, probably due to the different sense of humours UK - USA. Most of the replies I would guess are written by Brits - to me thet are saying get you butt down there and You Will have fun and be back for More!

Soi 6, Soi Yodsak - The street of shame, whatever you wont to call it, is most likely "The" biggest short time area in the world? Any thing and everything you wont can be had, for a reasonable price - NO Gay bars.

(Is there?)

Cheers? :o

Sorry about that, dont really think its not understanding British humor :D had plenty of drinks with plenty of britts, can understand what your saying most of the time :D . I think its due to the fact that I'm new to this whole forum thing. Its hard to get the gist of the conversation through the written word. I'm on the + side of forty and just recently decided to get my arse (like that?) on the information super high way!

Anyway I will be in Pattay starting the 12th this month, would love to have a drink with anyone interested. Might even be able to talk gf into letting me have a night out with the boys :o If not (havent been back for 6 months), still planning on hitting Daves place. Will post what night when I get there!

Cheers!

WOW 5 days now, and no takers? :D

Friendly bunch, arent ya? :o

No Harm, no foul.  :D

Me thinks the reason you don’t get any replies for a beer is

Three fold, first most of the people on the pattaya section of Thivisa

are not in Thailand, more like Scunthorpe England. They just like to think they

are there.

The second, is it’s a tight little community on this section, if you don’t fit

In they don’t want to know. and be care full if you criticize any one of them they close ranks and start sticking up for each other. ( like school girls)

You did mention you worked in Iraq this may have made some of them

wary of who you are and what you do.

But all said I’m sure one of them will stick there neck out and be nice, ( be nice)

Would have had a beer with you for a laugh but left Bangkok two days ago.

if your still there in late Dec will do but only if you want to.

Have a nice time down soi 6, go in the daytime 3-6 is a good time.

Mandarins is a cool place for a beer bottom left hand side.

Don’t bother with the beer bars down there a bit hard work with the clientele.

mostly brits.

:D

Howler - Stop by Dave's or I'm quite sure if you pm Prof Fart, Jai Dee, Kurgen or few other of the lads - they'll see you alright.

Problem this is buried in an unrelated thread, so best bet start your own topic - requesting a pissup or a mini version. (sure someone will oblige)

Ignore Icewater's negativity- we welcome any lad who is friendly, buys drinks, and generally not a <deleted>. (you'll get as much back from any of us) As for Iraq it has no bearing on anything here, more than likely would get you a few more pints sent your way since you are in a hot area. :o

Edited by britmaveric

I was seriously thinking of changing my name from Howler to "thread Killer"! :o

I can imagine the ex-pats living in Pattaya see enough drunken idiots to turn them off, and close ranks. Completely understandable. I'm a "newbie" and am embarassed by the crap I see people do.

When I said "no harm no foul" it was true, I'm sure if I see any members while I am there, we will share a few pints and even more laughs, even though we wont know who we are drinking with.

I will be out and about, Hope to see some of you.

Howler - Stop by Dave's or I'm quite sure if you pm Prof Fart, Jai Dee, Kurgen or few other of the lads - they'll see you alright.

Problem this is buried in an unrelated thread, so best bet start your own topic - requesting a pissup or a mini version. (sure someone will oblige)

Ignore Icewater's negativity- we welcome any lad who is friendly, buys drinks, and generally not a <deleted>. (you'll get as much back from any of us) As for Iraq it has no bearing on anything here, more than likely would get you a few more pints sent your way since you are in a hot area. :D

Shame you waited five days to answer him!!!!!

So it took a bit of a negative comment to get you going brit.

Brit are you Thai? I think they call it Loosing Face.

TIT. :o:D:D

I was seriously thinking of changing my name from Howler to "thread Killer"! :o

I can imagine the ex-pats living in Pattaya see enough drunken idiots to turn them off, and close ranks. Completely understandable. I'm a "newbie" and am embarassed by the crap I see people do.

When I said "no harm no foul" it was true, I'm sure if I see any members while I am there, we will share a few pints and even more laughs, even though we wont know who we are drinking with.

howler, let's get serious here then.

<snip>

Mod Edit - please take those kinds of comments to another forum.

Edited by Jai Dee

I was seriously thinking of changing my name from Howler to "thread Killer"! :D

howler, let's get serious here then.

<snip>

Ok heard of King Kong on a few different threads now, got me curious, "fly you to the moon" has she seen my avitar? :o

Fly in 2 days...God I need this trip.

Thanks guys!!!!!!

Dead right Brit... I'm always up for an ale or two if something's been organised... or even if it hasn't... :o

Howler, why don't you start a new pissup thread in the Pattaya Forum?

I know that tukyleith will be back in town next week, KerryD is coming back soon, and there are always us locals looking for something to do... it's just sooo boring here... :D

And a reminder to all, please don't make me use my newly awarded moderator's powers on this thread again... posting comments like that about BG's are against Forum Rules, and next time I'll have to issue warnings and/or holidays. I hate work... :D

:D

Howler........Brit was right with your post been buried in this topic its been skipped over....................if you get time to post again i/m always up for a beer just post a time and a place..............Ice cubes thanks very much you've done us all a good turn bringing Howlers post to everyones attention...........Cheers Mate. :o

Dont forget the 16th is Loy Krathong.........bad night to organise anything.

Edited by thaiflyer1