Huge Difference In Water Bills

Chivas

Substantially more costs involved in supplying water to Cities than to villages. Large capacity treatment plants , pumping stations mains, - the list goes on.More people live in Cities ? of course ,but the cost per head is much, much higher..When I lived in a village ,yes about B20. but in a small town ,it is about B120. Not surprising ,in the least, that in, Buriram city ,you are paying B 160+. Yes they are all METERED

Edited by afarang

Substantially more costs involved in supplying water to Cities than to villages. Large capacity treatment plants , pumping stations mains, - the list goes on.More people live in Cities ? of course ,but the cost per head is much, much higher..When I lived in a village ,yes about B20. but in a small town ,it is about B120. Not surprising ,in the least, that in, Buriram city ,you are paying B 160+. Yes they are all METERED

Well I cant afford these £3 outrageous bills so from now on its one shower a day for my tribe not 20... :whistling:

Actually hard to believe I'm moaning (tongue in cheek) when my water bills in UK are around £60 a month (South West water)

One might consider that the last two rainy seasons throughout the Buriram/Surin region have been lighter than in past years. Quite often, the local water levels will reflect rates and whatnot.

Still common to see villagers use rain water storage for drinking and cooking. Metered water tends to be used for all other utilitarian works.

Well I cant afford these £3 outrageous bills so from now on its one shower a day for my tribe not 20... :whistling:

Actually hard to believe I'm moaning (tongue in cheek) when my water bills in UK are around £60 a month (South West water)

I leave the moaning for the wife. She never had to pay for air conditioning, so when we had a 999 baht electric bill she was horrified. I thought $30 isn't bad at all.

Think about how water was use and dispersed of yesteryear, before the fancy ideals of sanctioned water through an invented officialdom.

The issue would never be of water shortages or collective sharing.....as most intelligent communities understood how water was to be enacted.

The probelems derive from impractical givernment intervention.

My water bill person in Chiangrai told us we could use more water as the charge for reading and minimum was round 80 baht so if we used more it would cost no more than a baht a 1000 litres. Currently we use 5000 litres a month.

Ok, let's try to solve this mistery using the more common chances that would apply to living the local reality....

Just switch off your water supply at the time your neighbours just come back home from work, if then you will have almost all your Soi knocking at your door to complain about the lack of water, then you will have your answer.

Something similar apparently really happened to a farang, but not with water, it was electricity....you got to love this country :D

Ok, let's try to solve this mistery using the more common chances that would apply to living the local reality....

Just switch off your water supply at the time your neighbours just come back home from work, if then you will have almost all your Soi knocking at your door to complain about the lack of water, then you will have your answer.

Something similar apparently really happened to a farang, but not with water, it was electricity....you got to love this country :D

Rather exaggerated as to your common reality. Most individual water and electric units have no [or little] effect on one's neighboors supply feed. Granted, infrastructures in the urban environment will be different than those of the rural setting.

My Ex father in law John in the UK had the same thing. Guy next door had electric cut off for not paying. He carefully knocked a hole through the adjoining wall into the back of a wall socket and ran his house off Johns electric for about 3 months. John complained to the Electric Company and said the meter must be knackered. They came and did the checks and realised that some thing was pulling power when all Johns stuff was turned off. Next week the police etc arrived next door and burst in to find the guy trying to disconnect his lash up. Got a few months comunity service and John was compensated by the Electric Company. Don't you just love the world in General.

Our small village water rate is 3 baht per cubic meter. No way could I justify a bore hole. We also catch a lot of rain water so during the rainy season our bill is even less. I think my wife and I average about 500 liters per day when we run out of rain water. Even during the dry season when my wife waters her trees and flowers, our bill is rarely more than 120 baht per month.

20 baht? Do you shower in the klong mate?

Some of the multimillionaires here apparently preferes to take a bath full of Red Labels....and yes that will cost you a bit more and not help you with your posting abilities on the forum :lol:

Our small village water rate is 3 baht per cubic meter. No way could I justify a bore hole. We also catch a lot of rain water so during the rainy season our bill is even less. I think my wife and I average about 500 liters per day when we run out of rain water. Even during the dry season when my wife waters her trees and flowers, our bill is rarely more than 120 baht per month.

Smart economics. Pushing towards self-sufficiency.

In Lam our bills are around 20 baht a month at most for water

20 baht? Do you shower in the klong mate?

Swear to God !! Never had a bill more than 20 baht with average about 12 baht !!

True story-on a piece of land we have in Lam the wife suggested we bore a hole for the very reason of not being concerned with water shortages,bills etc.

I said yes why not-knowing that she's careful with money never have to ask how much. 2 guys turn up on a monday withrods etc (you know the score)

Come wednesday they are still there shoving rods down and Im thinking this is gonna cost a few bob-now its Thursday and I wander over to land with wife and finally ask how far we've gone down.

4 kms is the reply !! I said dont be ridiculous thats from here to (explained local shops to them)

No Sir 4 kms down but supply now VERY good-his mates buggered off to as I subsequently find out to get a bigger valve !

Comes back in the afternoon fits valve and rings wife and says all finished. Over we go to land and I turn valve on and talk about water pressure !! Its firing 100 feet into the sky and with the wind scattering all over adjoining property.

Total cost was 3,150 baht-no idea to this day if they really meant 40 metres or 400 metres down (but even 400 sounds crazy)!!

I just moved to a house where the bill is 20-30 baht per month. My old place averaged around 300. I asked the neighbors, they said it's because my house isn't tied in to city water, but rather another company in the tambon. The meter is the usual kind, they just sell it significantly cheaper than naam pra pa from town.

I just moved to a house where the bill is 20-30 baht per month. My old place averaged around 300. I asked the neighbors, they said it's because my house isn't tied in to city water, but rather another company in the tambon. The meter is the usual kind, they just sell it significantly cheaper than naam pra pa from town.

Generally speaking, locally controlled [or collectives] will almost always be cheaper than city regulated metres.