Problems With A Salt Water Pool

mike1963

Warp

I've seen the pipe cleaner on a Thai Pipe display board of fittings. I asked and was told "no have". Can I order some "no". Do you think it's any better than using regular acetone? If so I'll push to have it ordered here in Udon Thani.

I've been using the same glue as you mention for the same reason. I recently saw a new brand of glue here in Udon Thani with what may be a dauber. I didn't have time to open a can but will do so and post here.

Can you take a pic of the can of pipe cleaner for me an d post here? That way I can show the locals what I want.

I think the purple color of the pipe cleaner was a way of displaying that cleaner was indeed used. Maybe it camne out of the requirement for inspections to make sure the plumbing adheres to code. They have construction codes here in Thailand but no one to enforce them.

Mike

Mike not to be contradictory but as far as I know there was not any codes to require that purple cleaner, there certainly wasn't just a few years ago it was only a personal preference, maybe the builders liked it for a similar reason to know their employees were using it especially on underground plumbing.. I know that if they limited that by code there would be a big up roar as no builders I dealt with wanted that crap on their equipment installs and it would limit product competition just based on one being colored, below ground no problem but above ground?? No way..

On the cleaner the primary reason to use it would be convenience I believe and cost savings as I think in that quantity and use it's probably much less expensive then what's packaged and used as a beauty product..

I'd just go around them and then bring it to them and show them you were able to get the product in spite of their lack of interest. I love doing that as it takes some face away and shows them that a little extra effort is more important where customer service is concerned as now they've lost some of my business since I don't need them for that product anymore.. They may not seem to care but trust me, here money lost speaks much louder then words and that's the nerve I'm aiming for..

Post a picture? Have to check out how to do that, never done it before from file but if not, you can contact them directly and certainly they can send you say a, case. It will last some years if sealed depending on how much you're using the one I have is at least 2 years old and still good, not quite as strong maybe but certainly as strong as the remover you're using now.. If I recall correctly Siam pipe also carries it..

It turns out there is several phone numbers on the back..Hope this helps..

post-83221-0-56751600-1313647070_thumb.j

post-83221-0-05728400-1313647029_thumb.j

post-83221-0-16448000-1313647053_thumb.j

Edited by WarpSpeed

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Warp

I've seen the pipe cleaner on a Thai Pipe display board of fittings. I asked and was told "no have". Can I order some "no". Do you think it's any better than using regular acetone? If so I'll push to have it ordered here in Udon Thani.

I've been using the same glue as you mention for the same reason. I recently saw a new brand of glue here in Udon Thani with what may be a dauber. I didn't have time to open a can but will do so and post here.

Can you take a pic of the can of pipe cleaner for me an d post here? That way I can show the locals what I want.

I think the purple color of the pipe cleaner was a way of displaying that cleaner was indeed used. Maybe it camne out of the requirement for inspections to make sure the plumbing adheres to code. They have construction codes here in Thailand but no one to enforce them.

Mike

Mike not to be contradictory but as far as I know there was not any codes to require that purple cleaner, there certainly wasn't just a few years ago it was only a personal preference, maybe the builders liked it for a similar reason to know their employees were using it especially on underground plumbing.. I know that if they limited that by code there would be a big up roar as no builders I dealt with wanted that crap on their equipment installs and it would limit product competition just based on one being colored, below ground no problem but above ground?? No way..

On the cleaner the primary reason to use it would be convenience I believe and cost savings as I think in that quantity and use it's probably much less expensive then what's packaged and used as a beauty product..

I'd just go around them and then bring it to them and show them you were able to get the product in spite of their lack of interest. I love doing that as it takes some face away and shows them that a little extra effort is more important where customer service is concerned as now they've lost some of my business since I don't need them for that product anymore.. They may not seem to care but trust me, here money lost speaks much louder then words and that's the nerve I'm aiming for..

Post a picture? Have to check out how to do that, never done it before from file but if not, you can contact them directly and certainly they can send you say a, case. It will last some years if sealed depending on how much you're using the one I have is at least 2 years old and still good, not quite as strong maybe but certainly as strong as the remover you're using now.. If I recall correctly Siam pipe also carries it..

Can't speak for the rest of the planet but in Florida when regular PVC (white pipe) was used, the plumbing inspector would ALWAYS look for the purple stain at all fittings/couplings to make sure that the cleaner had been applied.

Warp

Mike

Can't speak for the rest of the planet but in Florida when regular PVC (white pipe) was used, the plumbing inspector would ALWAYS look for the purple stain at all fittings/couplings to make sure that the cleaner had been applied.

What they may or may not look for and what is required are 2 completely different things. That cleaner is NOT required by code in Florida and never has been, having said that there are often local codes for much smaller municipalities that may make such ridiculous requirements as I knew of several we built in which were just a real PITA and even got to the point we refused to build in them as it was guaranteed that you'd ALWAYS fail the first inspection no matter what and it was more like when an insurance company makes a policy to ALWAYS refuse a first claim, in this case was it clearly about tax income for the community being they'd charge for a second inspection..