Dhl & A Uk Passport From Hk

Flatouthruthefog

Top marks to the UK Consul here for guidance on the form filling, and to the little DHL office in the M Hotel (nee Montri) who took on the carriage service at just under 1,000b. The young man has excellent English and a sense of humour.

The new passport was back in Chiang Mai and ready for collection at DHL exactly 2 weeks later! Thanks HK.

Only hiccup was that incoming parcels must be collected at DHL head office, Chiang Mai, and the older man who called me to say it was ready had poor English. All he could say, over and over, was "Airport Shopping Plaza."

It took me a wasted hour (and 2 other appointments lost) to find that their office is not there at ALL!

They are in the open car park opposite the Plaza, on your left as you approach the under side of the flyover, a close neighbour of Budget Rent a Car which has been there for years.

The young DHL lady there apologised and said they would make it clear in future, but is that possible if it's her bosses fault, I ask myself.

At just under 8,000b this must be the world's most expensive passport, but it still feels good to have it.

Anyone out there coming up to their replacement date, do it sooner rather than later. The 'service' is likely to move from HK to London soon, I am advised, and the fee won't then go DOWN, will it?

At just under 8,000b this must be the world's most expensive passport, but it still feels good to have it

You get what you pay for - some people would pay 8,000 pounds for one of these! wink.gif

Edited by uptheos

Sent mine via EMS on Monday arrived on Wednesday, yesterday got a message to say that the Embassy had charged my Credit Card 1779HKD (around 6850baht) for a 32 pager and DHL back to me.

See how long it takes to get here....

A couple of years ago i had to pay 8,848 so it went down then i ordered a 48 page one but only got a 32 page one and they said same price because it had the new biometric in it the thing is nearly full up already Rip off britain .

That's the 32-page one, which only has about 25 blank/useable pages, must remember to get the more-expensive one next time !

A couple of years ago i had to pay 8,848 so it went down then i ordered a 48 page one but only got a 32 page one and they said same price because it had the new biometric in it the thing is nearly full up already Rip off britain .

That's the 32-page one, which only has about 25 blank/useable pages, must remember to get the more-expensive one next time !

You just got me counting.

The big one has only 41 useable pages!!

Has the UK govt never heard of the Trades Description Act??

A 32 pager has 27 useable pages (page 4 to page 30 inclusive), less the one page that Thai Immigration will use for changing your extension to your new passport, so now 26!!!!

Edited by beano2274

At just under 8,000b this must be the world's most expensive passport, but it still feels good to have it

You get what you pay for - some people would pay 8,000 pounds for one of these! wink.gif

At that price I will sell them 1 of mine hahahaha

At that price I will sell them 1 of mine hahahaha

hey no sod it I will sell both of them

A 32 pager has 27 useable pages (page 4 to page 30 inclusive), less the one page that Thai Immigration will use for changing your extension to your new passport, so now 26!!!!

My own 32 pager definitely only has 25 blank-pages, now that I look again, from page-4 to page-28, and the Thai Immigration used 3 for my transfer-stamps from the old-passport, so that's only 22 available for regular use. No way will it last 10 years of even annual-extensions + multiple re-entry permits. :(

I wouldn't really mind this, except that to call something "32-page" somehow seems to suggest, that there will be more-than 25 pages available-to-be-used, to my clearly-overlogical way of thinking ! Dear Old England ! :lol: