Maldive Restaurant

roly

Has anyone been to the new Thai style Maldive restaurant yet? it's on Naebkehardt Road near Soi 43 or 45...looks pretty good, I just wondered if anyone had been. It's a Thai sort of place and I've noticed they've had a BBQ outside on a few days.

R

We just spent a dinner there.

The place will not see me going back.

Ambient isn't too bad, a kind of cement garden with a few trees. Lot of tables but at 9 on saturday dinner just a few was occupied.

Plenty of waiters and waitresses, but service is really to improve (i asked for a lime juice with soda, first they bring me a soda with two lime slices, after a glass of lime juice...:rolleyes:).

My menu was different from the one of my wife... on mine i have two pages with a lot of "farang proposals" like lobsters, jumbo prawns, t-bones etc etc, but no price on that first two pages... Honestly it sound not so nice... like a tourist trap... may be was a mistake but am used to think bad in this situation.

The simpatic waitress insisted a lot for to offer me a t-bone, or thai meat she say it was really good... insisting little bit too much.

Whe ordered a kao pad kung, a tom juud, garlic squid, chicken wings, som-tam, a plate of sliced seasoned pork, a fish with erbs and a portion of mashed potatoes. We just drink singha water and my lemonade.

Kao pad was right good, tom juud also not bad, garlic squid was so-so with too much oil, chicken wings (we asked very crispy) was crispy outside but still little bloody inside :annoyed:, som-tam was good, the fish also.

Mashed potatoes was "ashamed potatoes" ... :realangry:really bad, completely cold, wet and covered by a curry sauce no one asked for.

Portions was quiete small.

Drinking just water,

1060 thb... onestly too much for what we had...

:jap:

Edited by Ciocco

We just spent a dinner there.

The place will not see me going back.

Ambient isn't too bad, a kind of cement garden with a few trees. Lot of tables but at 9 on saturday dinner just a few was occupied.

Plenty of waiters and waitresses, but service is really to improve (i asked for a lime juice with soda, first they bring me a soda with two lime slices, after a glass of lime juice...:rolleyes:).

My menu was different from the one of my wife... on mine i have two pages with a lot of "farang proposals" like lobsters, jumbo prawns, t-bones etc etc, but no price on that first two pages... Honestly it sound not so nice... like a tourist trap... may be was a mistake but am used to think bad in this situation.

The simpatic waitress insisted a lot for to offer me a t-bone, or thai meat she say it was really good... insisting little bit too much.

Whe ordered a kao pad kung, a tom juud, garlic squid, chicken wings, som-tam, a plate of sliced seasoned pork, a fish with erbs and a portion of mashed potatoes. We just drink singha water and my lemonade.

Kao pad was right good, tom juud also not bad, garlic squid was so-so with too much oil, chicken wings (we asked very crispy) was crispy outside but still little bloody inside :annoyed:, som-tam was good, the fish also.

Mashed potatoes was "ashamed potatoes" ... :realangry:really bad, completely cold, wet and covered by a curry sauce no one asked for.

Portions was quiete small.

Drinking just water,

1060 thb... onestly too much for what we had...

none of this food is native Maldivian. They only have a dried fish paste and eat rice, fish and a little chicken. the tourists all eat imported western food and fish.

I think the owner might have meant Moldovian and misspelt it!

Believe me, i never thought they called it Maldives because they want to cook maldivian style :lol:

labelling and giving name to places here have often no one reasonable explication...

ps

howevere it don't worth the money