Anyone Know A Market Research Company?

I'm thinking of starting a new business in Thailand, but I need to test the market opportunity before I commit funds.

So I need to ask my potential customers a whole load of questions about their need for my product/service etc etc.

What this means in practice is getting maybe a dozen people out on the streets of Bangkok with a questionaire, and asking all these questions. I can then study the responses and that will help me decide if there really is a market for my product/service.

Does anyone know of a market research company in Bangkok who can undertake this work for me? (I'll supply the questions, product/service info, target market info etc etc)

Thanks for any advice!

Simon

Hi - Steve Sykes here - I do run www.thaitradedata.com - and this is a research service. But - one of the areas in which we do not practice is polling.

There are two large organizations that do practice in this area - A.C. Nielsen, and the Gallup Organization. Both have Bangkok offices in the Silom area.

See: http://www.acnielsen.com/

and http://www.gallup.com/offices/thailand.asp

When it comes to establishing distribution channels for products - that is where we first come into the picture. We can also identify historical information concerning amounts and values of goods moving into or out of Thailand, and also provide 100% contact listings of all Thai importers or exporters of record - as long as the item in questions has a designated Harmonized System code.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

Although I do believe that both AC Nielson and Gallup are both reputable research organizations but I think since Simon is just starting up, choosing the above mentioned would be too costly of an initial investment, maybe you could try:

Asia Market Intelligence

www.ami-group.com

02 237 9262

Hakuhodo Inc. Asia Branding & Solutions

02 627 3377

Good luck in your venture......