Hotel Membership Card

lazygourmet

To entertain my guests on a regular basis, I am currently looking for a membership privilege card within one of the CBD hotels.

At present, it is the "Four Seasons" package who is retaining my attention.

Which one you and/or your company is using?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated...

Check out the Landmark Hotel's club card. It has very generous discounts including the RR&B restaurant on the 31st floor. http://www.landmarkb...k.com/club.html

Thanks...

Premium advantage at the Rib Room could be a great bonus!

As my guests are always coming with great wines, I am looking for a free corkage as well.

Otherwise, that is THB 1,000/bottle +++

I will give them a call tomorrow.

Check out the Landmark Hotel's club card. It has very generous discounts including the RR&B restaurant on the 31st floor. http://www.landmarkb...k.com/club.html

I have had a Landmark Card for years and whilst it remains good value, for the regular diner, they have eroded the benefits over the years.

Last year the card was 4,900 Baht, that gave you a discount on most meals, a voucher for a meal for four people in The Atrium and a voucher for a free stay at the hotel, though you did have to pay a service charge on your "free night" and breakfast was extra.

This year they have altered the programme, your 4,900 Baht fee now only gives you the discount card, still good value if you are a regular there, but the discount is reduced from 50 to 20% for special events and some holidays, also the discount at the RR&B restaurant on the 31st floor has a limit on how many times you can use it in a year.

If you want the complementary dinning vouchers it will cost you a further 1,000 Baht, good value but hardly complimentary. If you want the complimentary night in the hotel, then this is yet another 1,000 Baht, plus service of another 500 Baht or so, again good value, but not free.

I have had a Landmark Card for years and whilst it remains good value, for the regular diner, they have eroded the benefits over the years.

Last year the card was 4,900 Baht, that gave you a discount on most meals, a voucher for a meal for four people in The Atrium and a voucher for a free stay at the hotel, though you did have to pay a service charge on your "free night" and breakfast was extra.

This year they have altered the programme, your 4,900 Baht fee now only gives you the discount card, still good value if you are a regular there, but the discount is reduced from 50 to 20% for special events and some holidays, also the discount at the RR&B restaurant on the 31st floor has a limit on how many times you can use it in a year.

If you want the complementary dinning vouchers it will cost you a further 1,000 Baht, good value but hardly complimentary. If you want the complimentary night in the hotel, then this is yet another 1,000 Baht, plus service of another 500 Baht or so, again good value, but not free.

So the 10,000 baht package at the "4" is a great value, especially regarding the high standard quality of their different f&b outlets.

So the 10,000 baht package at the "4" is a great value, especially regarding the high standard quality of their different f&b outlets.

I don't really know, I don't what you actually get for your 10,000 Baht at The Four Seasons so it'sdifficult to compare.

A company called ProMark Strategies markets a lot of these loyalty cards, they have a branch in Bangkok but I think they cold call rather than take calls.

I don't really know, I don't what you actually get for your 10,000 Baht at The Four Seasons so it'sdifficult to compare.

A company called ProMark Strategies markets a lot of these loyalty cards, they have a branch in Bangkok but I think they cold call rather than take calls.

Here is the "Essence Benefits" PDF for the Four Seasons:

Benefits Summary - Essence benefits - Four Seasons Bangkok - Year 4 Version - December 7 2010.pdf

Otherwise, you are right ProMark was several times mentioned -as a marketing partner for different hotels- during my google inquiries.

Actually, I could make it more simple because hospitality industry was my trade for more than two decades... but I am enjoying to be again a client "lambda". cool.gif

Anyway, thanks for sharing your valuable information.

I would say you're much better off going for one of the big hotel group cards, either Starwood (which includes Sheraton, Le Meridien, Westin, W Hotels, St Regis and others) or Accor (Novotel, Sofitel, Pullman, Mercure, Ibis and more) - typically, you'll get similar benefits and offers as you get from the single hotel cards, only these are redeemable at any hotels within the group. Either Starwood or Accor would allow you loads of great deals just in Bangkok alone, but of course these hotels are all over the world so you can use the benefits anywhere worldwide.

Thanks Dantilley...

As an ex-executive for Sheraton, I still have some descent privileges at the Grande.

Regarding Accor group, for some personal reasons, I deeply despite them.

At the end, I am more looking for a stand alone establishment where I can have my regular meetings and habits.

Yes, if you have a particular hotel that you use a lot then it makes sense to go for the card for that hotel.

That was my point actually....

I am just looking for a place to be a regular, be recognized and be called by my name every time that I am showing up.

Reassure yourself, not for my own ego... but the people I am dealing with; they are very sensitive to that kind of acknowledgment.

On the other hand, though, if your regular hotel also happens to be part of a large group (Starwood, Accor, Marriott, etc) then all the better as you can still be a regular in the one hotel but use all the other benefits elsewhere also.

I've had an Accor Advantage card ever since I moved to Asia, and have loved the benifits you get at thousands of restaurants across Asia. I worked for Sofitel as a senior chef for a number of years back in Europe and had a staff benifits card that I made good use of back then. For me it's having a choice of so many good restaurants to choose from in places like Sofitels and Pullman hotels and I'm looking forward to both the Sofitel Sukhumvit and the 'So' opening and getting my 50% off, but I understand everyone has their own experiances and views on hotel chains and if you don't like Accor then thats your choice.

I do find it strange you are comparing the Four Seasons with The Landmark. If you're wanting somewhere to impress clients by being a known regular then surely there's no competition. You're comparing a world renouned five star hotel chain with err... the four star Landmark! The RR&B is nice but the Four Seasons is in a different league altogether.