Ozempic/Semaglutide

There's been  much publicity about drugs to tackle diabetes and weight loss.Recently I read that they can also reduce the risk of heart disease and this week I read they may in the future be prescribed to millions of middle aged people.The reports I have seen make it clear these drugs should be combined with exercise and good diet.It seems there are some side effects but they appear to be manageable.

It would be interesting to know the position in Thailand.Weekly injections are needed (about Bt 12,000 I believe)

For in Thailand Ozempic weight loss pen is considered a dangerous drug that must only be prescribed by a doctor. By law, trading cannot be done through online channels or general stores. It is also expensive. and may not be effective for weight loss If you want to lose weight, you should use other methods that are safer and get more certain results.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

For in Thailand Ozempic weight loss pen is considered a dangerous drug that must only be prescribed by a doctor. By law, trading cannot be done through online channels or general stores. It is also expensive. and may not be effective for weight loss If you want to lose weight, you should use other methods that are safer and get more certain results.

Of course it has to be prescribed by a doctor, and specifically for diabetics not for those who want to lose weight.Contrary to what you say it seems to be very effective in most cases and as I mentioned earlier the medical advice is that it should be combined with exercise/calorie control/good diet.Obviously I'm no expert but all the indications these drugs are here to stay and presumably will be improved and get less expensive over time.

I had wondered whether any member has had personal experience.It would be interesting to know.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, retarius said:

I have taken it. Outstandingly effective, I lost a lot of weight and my fasting blood sugars improved along with my longer term blood sugar, HbA1C levels. What I found is that it makes me feel profoundly nauseous and not really wanting to eat anything. I went from 94 to 80 KG in 3 months. I used the two lower dosages because I was unable to tolerate the higher dosage levels.

Now the downside: When I stopped taking it, I immediately put all the weight back on and then some. I went from 80kg to 96kg in 2 months....hungry all the time and nothing would help the cravings. 

2 of my friends told me the same.

To have the benefits you have to stay with the drug for lifetime. A bit expensive at present 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The husband of one of my wife's friends took it. A big fellow about 55 years old. Definitely obese.  Anyway he couldn't tolerate it. Played hell with his digestive system (stomach pains/cramps, nausea/vomiting etc). I think he gave up after 6-8 weeks.

2 hours ago, retarius said:

I have taken it. Outstandingly effective, I lost a lot of weight and my fasting blood sugars improved along with my longer term blood sugar, HbA1C levels. What I found is that it makes me feel profoundly nauseous and not really wanting to eat anything. I went from 94 to 80 KG in 3 months. I used the two lower dosages because I was unable to tolerate the higher dosage levels.

Now the downside: When I stopped taking it, I immediately put all the weight back on and then some. I went from 80kg to 96kg in 2 months....hungry all the time and nothing would help the cravings. 

Thank you for sharing your experience.You might be interested to know a recent study reported in the British press indicated the weight could be kept off when not taking the drug by very slowly tapering off usage.Obviously this drug treatment is at a very early stage.It's hard to believe that in ten years time many of the teething problems won't have been ironed out.Cost down too probably.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, jayboy said:

There's been  much publicity about drugs to tackle diabetes and weight loss.Recently I read that they can also reduce the risk of heart disease and this week I read they may in the future be prescribed to millions of middle aged people.The reports I have seen make it clear these drugs should be combined with exercise and good diet.It seems there are some side effects but they appear to be manageable.

It would be interesting to know the position in Thailand.Weekly injections are needed (about Bt 12,000 I believe)

In Thailand you may find this difficult to get even with a prescription. 

Just check/Google  IndiaMART   They don't ask for a prescription  and most likely a bit cheaper.

ozempic injection for sale online at Rs 10000/box

IndiaMART

https://m.indiamart.com › ... › Insulin Injection

ozempic injection for sale online ; Insulin Degludec Injection. ₹ 1,200 / Box. Pharmaforte Private Limited. Pune ; Bdthion 600 Mg Injection. ₹ 600 / Vial. Dev ...

₹10,000.00

image.png

What this drug does is that it slows down the movements of your intestines so all your, by now, fermenting food is backlogged up all the way and I believe releasing toxins into your blood stream.

Another job for your liver to sort out.

i guess better food choices and amount of food is the answer.

17 minutes ago, Globalres said:

What this drug does is that it slows down the movements of your intestines so all your, by now, fermenting food is backlogged up all the way and I believe releasing toxins into your blood stream.

Another job for your liver to sort out.

i guess better food choices and amount of food is the answer.

Not really accurate at all but easy to research for those who are genuinely interested.

• Thumbs Up 1

My docs here swiched me over to Jardiance Duo from my long term insulin regime.

Quite helpful in the glucose control dept. and I had lost ~ 15 kilos with it. It too is expensive though as a recently patented drug.