Ipod Classic?

buddy

Hi Guys,

As the title says.

I have finally decided to buy an iPod classisc to store and listen to music.

My problem is I want to also purchase a combined portable speaker/docking station for the iPod for when I come home from work so I can just dock the iPod and ramp up the volume in my condo.

Problem is I see lots of good reviews on the internet I dont know which one to go for.

My budget would be between 5,000 to 15,000 Baht.

Any of you Guys can offer any experience / recommendations to my dilema?

Which in your opinion is the best docking/ speaker station?

best regards

I think you should look to Bose for a good sound

Yes,Bose! if you love good sound for toomuch money.

I suggest something else - boombox from JVC,it is big,but portable

it looks like bazooka,you can find it in USA(try Amazon) or Japan.

It will cost you,but price is below 15000B.

It has docking place for ipod,USB and analog input.It can be used as transportable in garden,car or boat.

It has radio and CD player.SQ is very impressive,as well as its looks.

Thanks for the replies.

I got my hands on a Bose at an apple store, early 15,000 baht but I wouldnt call it portable, it was surprisingly heavy.

The JVC Torpedo reminds me of a small ghetto blaster, I was looking for something a bit more classy looking for my room, although I can see it would have its attractions if you took it away on weekends/holidays.

Any other recommendations out there?

I will tell you sweet secret:

you do not need any ipod dock station!

Do you have any stereo set in your house?If you like it - then it will do.

All you need is - audio cable to connect headphone socket in ipod to audio input in your stereo.

It will play very well!Audio input in your stereo can be called "AUX" or "Line-In" or "Audio-In".

cable will cost you - 100Baht.Better look for it - out of Apple shop,there - it is minimum 300B-500B.

you can try even today.

Of course some audio purists will tell you,that such connection is not perfect,because what you feed to your

stereo was already amplified and is degraded.But audio signal from ipod is quite good and 95% -

you will not notice any loss of quality.

However to be perfect,just in case you have golden ears, you can do it in perfect way.

you have to buy special attachment called:"ipod line-out dock cable" known simply as " ipod LOD cable".

Using ipod LOD you will connect "line-out" signal from ipod to "line - in" socket in your stereo and connection will be perfect.

You can buy this thing in few shops,easy - from Amazon,where you can see picture of it next to price:5(five)-10(ten)US$,do not pay more.

I know 2 shops in BKK where they sell this cable.

Adventage of this solution over regular ipod dock station is,that you have ipod on cable,which can be 2-3 meters long,

so you can control it from your hand.it is not stucked anywhere.

Regular ipod station makes more sense only,when it gives remote control.

What you save - spend on good earphones(IEM=in ear monitor),good headphones(50-100$ at least) or good stereo set,

if you do not own one already.Earphones which come with ipod is white,cheap crap(but 95% of ipod users do not buy better one)

Producers of ipod docks must pay hefty licence fee to Apple,but their devices are simply - ordinary stereo sets with LOD(5$).

It should cost 5$ more,they cost 100-200$ more.

Have you got my point?

I adviced you JVC bazooka,because I own one and I like it,they used to sell them in Thailand,they are very good on their own.

Do you have so much music in collection,that it will fill 160G in ipod Classic?

All you need is - audio cable to connect headphone socket in ipod to audio input in your stereo.

It will play very well!Audio input in your stereo can be called "AUX" or "Line-In" or "Audio-In".

cable will cost you - 100Baht.Better look for it - out of Apple shop,there - it is minimum 300B-500B.

you can try even today.

Of course some audio purists will tell you,that such connection is not perfect,because what you feed to your

stereo was already amplified and is degraded.But audio signal from ipod is quite good and 95% -

However to be perfect,just in case you have golden ears, you can do it in perfect way.

you have to buy special attachment called:"ipod line-out dock cable" known simply as " ipod LOD cable".

Using ipod LOD you will connect "line-out" signal from ipod to "line - in" socket in your stereo and connection will be perfect.

You can buy this thing in few shops,easy - from Amazon,where you can see picture of it next to price:5(five)-10(ten)US$,do not pay more.

Adventage of this solution over regular ipod dock station is,that you have ipod on cable,which can be 2-3 meters long,

What you save - spend on good earphones(IEM=in ear monitor),good headphones(50-100$ at least) or good stereo set,

if you do not own one already.Earphones which come with ipod is white,cheap crap(but 95% of ipod users do not buy better one)

Producers of ipod docks must pay hefty licence fee to Apple,but their devices are simply - ordinary stereo sets with LOD(5$).

Have you got my point?

I adviced you JVC bazooka,because I own one and I like it,they used to sell them in Thailand,they are very good on their own.

This is exactly what we do. It works great. Most electronics stores here have the cables. I just bought one for my friend so he could plug his MP3 player into his stereo.

you can try even today.

Have you got my point?

Hi Babysun,

I appreciate your tip and if I did have a stereo in my place I would definitely use your suggstion, unfortunetely I dont have any type of music appliance/device.

Do you know where in Bangkok where they sell the JVC bazooka?

Thanks for your suggestions.

best regards

The little circular shaped JBL speakers that sell for 8-12k in Thailand (less online) have great sound. I use one myself...can also be used as external notebook speaker. Can also charge and sync with iTunes. Definitely recommend.

Hi FarangBuddha,

Can you provide me with the name or model number of the circular JBL speakers you mention.

I will go check them out.

Thanks for the recommendation.

best regards

Hello!Today you can not buy that JVC bazooka in Thailand only in Japan,USA and Russia.It is quite big item!and not cheap,

I would call it - overpriced.You can find it in Amazon.Ultimate boom-box!

That solution with ipod LOD people use mostly for mobile - portable use.Ipod Classic is favourite among serious audiophiles,who connect it to external,mobile headphone amplifiers costing much money and headphones costing even more.And they know which generation and year(year of production - like wines!) is the best for the best results.

Good ipod dock will give you good,full remote,it will synch and charge your device and it will sound very well.That circular model from JBL has very good reputation.And its looks!It looks like an altar!Future archeologists will define the remains of such things as evidence of some cult - for sure,may be they will call our times - the era of white wires?

I suggested to somebody else in this section speakers from Creative,sort of modular docks with bluetooth - same thing without wires,you may consider them as well,they have Thai website.Classic doesnt have bluetooth,but it will work through

dock connection.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Has anybody used/got a Teac TSX -70?

Price is 9,900 Baht but wish to know of anybodys experience or recommendations with this player?

Can you tell us what i-pod dock have you bought?If not yet, look this: GenevaLabs

this is ultimate ipod docks - cost a lot,but you have a choice of many models.

you will impress yourself and friends.

Teac? - I remember,that I saw the review of hi-fi microsystems last year and Teac model was the best one,

do not remember the model number.

You have to hurry up with ipodClassic - they will phase it out soon.

• 5 weeks later...

The most versatile iPod/iPhone docking products in Thailand at the moment is Revo digital radios from the UK. For slightly over Baht11,000 you also get Wi-Fi internet radio, DAB, wireless music streamer, FM radio. Great designs, great sound and rave reviews from the hifi press. More than 16,000 radio stations preloaded and selectable by genres, countries. Absolutely free music. No subscription fees.

post-12459-0-81381600-1321451614_thumb.j post-12459-0-70217900-1321451639_thumb.j