Non Immigrant O Visa Money In Bank

Can anyone give me some advice, I want to return to Thailand with my Thai wife she has now got a good job earning 55,000 baht a month, if I get a non immirgrant o visa visa here in the uk how much money do I have to deposit in my Thai bank account because on the forum some people say 400,000 and some say 800,000 help please. P.s do I go for single or multiple entry visa.

Cash amounts are needed for your visa extension 800,000 or 65,000 a month for an extension based on Retirement / 400,000 or 40,000 a month based on marriage to a Thai National.

Check out the Thai Embassy website for details.

For retirement you must be over 50yrs.

Cash amounts are needed for your visa extension 800,000 or 65,000 a month for an extension based on Retirement / 400,000 or 40,000 a month based on marriage to a Thai National.

Thank you for that 400,000 it is then.

Thank you for that 400,000 it is then.

You may not need 400K in the bank to apply for the visa, the 400K in the bank or 40K monthly income is to apply for a one year "Extension of Stay" not a visa, based on being married to a Thai. If that is your intention, a single entry Non-Immigrant "O" should work. Once you obtain the extension you would not need leave the country, but would do 90 day address reports, you would need a re-entry permit to keep the extension valid if you depart Thailand.

Edited by beechguy