Board Certified Prosthodontist In Cm

HappyInCM

Does anyone know of a board certified prosthodontist in Chiang Mai? Preferably the US, but any western country would be ok. Yes, there may be many, many well qualified Thai dentists who may even be better than a particular Western certified dentist, but the board certification system in the west (the US at least) does give one some confidence that the dentist is probably ok.

I have a lot of implants so things like the bite are very important so I can only use an experienced, good dentist even for minor things.

I was going to at least try Dr. Korakot Boripantakul from Grace, but she's on vacation till the end of the month and I'd like to see someone before that and maybe there's someone better out there?

thanks.

Although Dr. Karakot may be away there are others in the clinic who are excellent. Dr. Wiputsinee, a periodontist, took excellent care of me including 2 implants. However, she has moved to BKK and perhaps someone has an opinion as to her replacement.

You didn't mention your current status: Is this to be the 1st visit for the post which can be done by a perio or perhaps others, and at the same time Karakot or others make the temporary crown in the office using a Seimans computerized gadget, and merely grind it down for the bite. This is temporary for 1 year until the post heals, then someone such as Karakot would have the permanent crown made in a lab close by.

FYI, I have had excellent service at Grace for 6 years and never experienced a dentist who was not up to top standards.

I've visited Grace before for a cleaning and went to Piyanuj Permpanich who is a US board certified periodontist. I need an orthodontist to work on an existing crown. I probably could go with anyone at that clinic as the standard seems high, but I'd rather go with someone with more experience and some quality control like the board certification process.

I wonder if the thai board certification is hard to get?