Kids Charities In Chiang Mai

Chicog

Best guess= 19`19'17.23N 98`53'02.25E Elev 2511 Ft.

Thanks, got it. I can see it on David Unkovich's GT-Rider map along with the road going there. I have it on my GPS and will try to take a ride out there when the rain eases up. ;)

edit:typo

Edited by silverhawk_usa

I received this information from the headmaster at the orphanage........

Mae-Mhae Orphanage School 1. Established in 1959 (Government School)2. Transform to be Orphanage School in 2002 – Drugs Fighting at Burmese Frontier 3. Jong started to support this Orphanage School in May 2006. About School:-1. Teacher from Government 7 people.2. Teacher Assistant 2 people.. (1 Man, 1 Women)- Salary for them is @ 6,000 Baht/ month (Now is running out budget to pay for them)- A teacher assistand have to stay with children for 24 hrs. at the orphanage school. .3. Education System:- Government System4. School areas is 3 Rai 3 Ngan 9 Sqw. (Belong to government and forest department)5. Now the government pay for children s 10 Baht per person per day. But only 200 days each year.6. Average ages of the orphans is between 3 - 17 years old. The Orphans:-1. Boys 52 2. Girls 67 Total 119 They are from family status:-1. No parents (Homeless) 262. Mum or Dad divorced/ passaway 383. Poor families 55 All orphans are:-1. Lisu Tribe 822. Lahu Tribe 123. Burmese, Palong and Hmong 25 Where are they live?1. Paksam Village, A.Wianghang (Burmese frontier) about 230 kms. from school. Take 10 hrs by car to the village.2. Lawu Village about 180 kms. from school. Take 8 hrs. by car to the village.3. San Pa Kia Village about 80 kms. from school.4. Doi Sam Muen, T.Muangkong about 94 kms. from school.5. Muser – Mae Ao Nai Village about 28 kms. from school. Take 2 hrs. by car to the village.6. Muser – Baan Pa Lo about 27 kms. from school. Take 2 hrs. to the village.7. Pang Dang Village about 31 kms. from school. About Identity Cards:-1. Green Cards – Hilltribes (Legal) 42 2. No Cards (Illegal) 77

I received this information from the headmaster at the orphanage........

Mae-Mhae Orphanage School 1. Established in 1959 (Government School)2. Transform to be Orphanage School in 2002 – Drugs Fighting at Burmese Frontier 3. Jong started to support this Orphanage School in May 2006. About School:-1. Teacher from Government 7 people.2. Teacher Assistant 2 people.. (1 Man, 1 Women)- Salary for them is @ 6,000 Baht/ month (Now is running out budget to pay for them)- A teacher assistand have to stay with children for 24 hrs. at the orphanage school. .3. Education System:- Government System4. School areas is 3 Rai 3 Ngan 9 Sqw. (Belong to government and forest department)5. Now the government pay for children s 10 Baht per person per day. But only 200 days each year.6. Average ages of the orphans is between 3 - 17 years old. The Orphans:-1. Boys 52 2. Girls 67 Total 119 They are from family status:-1. No parents (Homeless) 262. Mum or Dad divorced/ passaway 383. Poor families 55 All orphans are:-1. Lisu Tribe 822. Lahu Tribe 123. Burmese, Palong and Hmong 25 Where are they live?1. Paksam Village, A.Wianghang (Burmese frontier) about 230 kms. from school. Take 10 hrs by car to the village.2. Lawu Village about 180 kms. from school. Take 8 hrs. by car to the village.3. San Pa Kia Village about 80 kms. from school.4. Doi Sam Muen, T.Muangkong about 94 kms. from school.5. Muser – Mae Ao Nai Village about 28 kms. from school. Take 2 hrs. by car to the village.6. Muser – Baan Pa Lo about 27 kms. from school. Take 2 hrs. to the village.7. Pang Dang Village about 31 kms. from school. About Identity Cards:-1. Green Cards – Hilltribes (Legal) 42 2. No Cards (Illegal) 77

A little difficult to decipher all the numbers without paragraphs. I will copy it to another document and sort it out. It looks fairly typical of what we have found regarding the minimal government support these schools receive. Thanks.

BTW; For some reason I never get notified of new posts even though I have tried all the "fix" suggestions. If I miss something and don't respond, could you please PM me?

Apparently I got the GPS coordinates correct....did you see them?

Yes, I posted a reply earlier. They are close enough to find the village on my map. I will find the school easy enough from there.

Here is the edited version of what was sent to you. Good information.

Mae-Mhae Orphanage School

1. Established in 1959 (Government School)

2. Transform to be Orphanage School in 2002 – Drugs Fighting at Burmese Frontier

3. Jong started to support this Orphanage School in May 2006.

About School:-

1. Teacher from Government 7 people.

2. Teacher Assistant 2 people.. (1 Man, 1 Women)-

Salary for them is @ 6,000 Baht/ month (Now is running out budget to pay for them)-

A teacher assistant have to stay with children for 24 hrs. at the orphanage school. .

3. Education System:- Government System

4. School areas is 3 Rai 3 Ngan 9 Sqw. (Belong to government and forest department)

5. Now the government pay for children s 10 Baht per person per day. But only 200 days each year.

6. Average ages of the orphans is between 3 - 17 years old.

The Orphans:-

1. Boys 52

2. Girls 67

Total 119

They are from family status:-

1. No parents (Homeless) 262.

2. Mum or Dad divorced/ passaway 383. Poor families 55

All orphans are:-

1. Lisu Tribe 82

2. Lahu Tribe 12

3. Burmese, Palong and Hmong 25

Where are they live?

4. Paksam Village, A.Wianghang (Burmese frontier) about 230 kms. from school. Take 10 hrs by car to the village.

5. Lawu Village about 180 kms. from school. Take 8 hrs. by car to the village.

6. San Pa Kia Village about 80 kms. from school.

7. Doi Sam Muen, T.Muangkong about 94 kms. from school.

8. Muser – Mae Ao Nai Village about 28 kms. from school. Take 2 hrs. by car to the village.

9. Muser – Baan Pa Lo about 27 kms. from school. Take 2 hrs. to the village.

10. ang Dang Village about 31 kms. from school.

About Identity Cards:-

1. Green Cards – Hilltribes (Legal) 42

2. No Cards (Illegal) 77

I wanted to take a minute to explain a couple things about the Mha Ma School and to thank everyone who has shown interest in helping them.

Hi Sam, I have to meet some time to hand over a promised small donation.

Do you want other things that can be turned into cash, i.e I have mint camera body's and various lens, but they are film cameras. I can't be bothered to shop around and see what I can get for them, so if there's any way you might be able to get them used or turned into cash they are yours. How about items of adult clothing etc?

Cheers

Dave,

The Mae-Mhae Orphanage School is one of the charities we are considering donating to, from the profits of the sale of the new "North Thailand Road & Off-Road" printed map. All profits from the sale of this map product will be donated to various charities in the SE Asia region. I'm sure all of us would be interested in your findings and decisions on donating to this charity.

6115086466_b84251cd13_b.jpg

Apparently I got the GPS coordinates correct....did you see them?

Yes, I posted a reply earlier. They are close enough to find the village on my map. I will find the school easy enough from there.

Here is the edited version of what was sent to you. Good information.

Mae-Mhae Orphanage School

1. Established in 1959 (Government School)

2. Transform to be Orphanage School in 2002 – Drugs Fighting at Burmese Frontier

3. Jong started to support this Orphanage School in May 2006.

About School:-

1. Teacher from Government 7 people.

2. Teacher Assistant 2 people.. (1 Man, 1 Women)-

Salary for them is @ 6,000 Baht/ month (Now is running out budget to pay for them)-

A teacher assistant have to stay with children for 24 hrs. at the orphanage school. .

3. Education System:- Government System

4. School areas is 3 Rai 3 Ngan 9 Sqw. (Belong to government and forest department)

5. Now the government pay for children s 10 Baht per person per day. But only 200 days each year.

6. Average ages of the orphans is between 3 - 17 years old.

The Orphans:-

1. Boys 52

2. Girls 67

Total 119

They are from family status:-

1. No parents (Homeless) 262.

2. Mum or Dad divorced/ passaway 383. Poor families 55

All orphans are:-

1. Lisu Tribe 82

2. Lahu Tribe 12

3. Burmese, Palong and Hmong 25

Where are they live?

4. Paksam Village, A.Wianghang (Burmese frontier) about 230 kms. from school. Take 10 hrs by car to the village.

5. Lawu Village about 180 kms. from school. Take 8 hrs. by car to the village.

6. San Pa Kia Village about 80 kms. from school.

7. Doi Sam Muen, T.Muangkong about 94 kms. from school.

8. Muser – Mae Ao Nai Village about 28 kms. from school. Take 2 hrs. by car to the village.

9. Muser – Baan Pa Lo about 27 kms. from school. Take 2 hrs. to the village.

10. ang Dang Village about 31 kms. from school.

About Identity Cards:-

1. Green Cards – Hilltribes (Legal) 42

2. No Cards (Illegal) 77

Edited by RidersCnx

• 3 weeks later...

I needed to open this up again as the school has suffered some problems this rainy season. There was a landslide that closed the road for 2 weeks and they had no phone signal to call for help. The food came very close to running out completely. There is some building damage also. I am prepared to go up anytime with any interested people. I urge the CMTR and others to considr Mhae Mha School as their recipient for any fundraising events. Thanks and please pm me if you need details or have questions.

• 1 month later...

I thought I would bring this post up to date, at least form the Chiang Mai ToyRide perspective. I have made two visits to the Mae Meh school. Sansai Sam and other donors have previously done a great job with this school. It is in much better condition than I expected and very well equipped in comparison to other schools we have seen.

The Chiang Mai ToyRide has tentatively scheduled an event there for Dec 26,2011 (Boxer Day) pending confirmation from the school. Please see the Upcoming Events page on the CMTR website for more.

Also see http://www.thaivisa....eds-a-pc-expert . We are looking for assistance to repair some of the computers at this school.

• 4 weeks later...