Cambodia

bermondburi

Hi there,

a while back I seem to remember reading that as of certain date that Thai could get 15 days visa free travel to Cambodia. Is this true ? Anyone done it recently. If it is true , is there any kind of fee that Thais have to pay to enter ?

Going to PP at Chrimbo with wife and kids ( kids are under 12 so they are free anyway ) so just wondering how things are. Any info apreciated.. thnx.

Up to 14 days without visa for a Thai national visiting Cambodia.

No fee.

you they can just turn up at the airport , don't need anything in the passport ? cool. that has saved me $20 which at Cambo prices is about 40 beers !:burp:

EXACTLY 40 beers - Angkor draught @ 50 cents a glass :)

Some posters here are reporting that at some remote land boarders, such as Koh Kong, they are charging 200B for the Thai's. I am not clear if this is from corrupt official or the pushy to the point of intimidation "helpers" that insist on guiding you through the visa process. Check your boarders and if the eVisa is accepted for entry and exit, it's worth doing to avoid the "helpers"

Some posters here are reporting that at some remote land boarders, such as Koh Kong, they are charging 200B for the Thai's. I am not clear if this is from corrupt official or the pushy to the point of intimidation "helpers" that insist on guiding you through the visa process. Check your boarders and if the eVisa is accepted for entry and exit, it's worth doing to avoid the "helpers"

We're flying into PP so I hope that shouldn't be a problem. Last time we went to Cambo which was before the free visa thing and I had already got the visas from the embassy in BKK. We went through Koh Kong and the guy wanted money, 100 baht each. I refused and we had a bit of a stand off. I showed him the visas where it said already paid and pointed out the fact that the children were free anyway. He still demanded money and I still refused. Eventually he said " okay , you no pay, only Thai people pay " as in my wife and children. I'm thinking that if this happens then I'm still fuc_king paying so I refused again getting a bit angry with the guy. Eventually he backed down and just took our photos. So ti just goes to show that you should stand up for yourself a bit in these situations. However, with another guy on a different day who knows. My wife was seriously pissed of about all this as the whole reason we got the visas in BKK was to pay $20 rather than 1000 baht at the border. She later told me that if we had to pay she was ready to turn round and go back to BKK. As it was we went on to SNKV and had a good holiday. Hopefully we can again.

Up to 14 days without visa for a Thai national visiting Cambodia.

No fee.

you they can just turn up at the airport , don't need anything in the passport ? cool. that has saved me $20 which at Cambo prices is about 40 beers !:burp:

EXACTLY 40 beers - Angkor draught @ 50 cents a glass :)

A fine drop it is too.