Khanom Or Chumphon?

doingok

Hi guy me again it looks like a do to must research but 6 month is a long time and i would like it get it right ish.

been told of Khanom and chumphon both look great but which one? khanom is closer to samui but then again we are going to koh tao so both easy to get to from a ferry.am i going to do our best to stayt on samui but need a second option

just in case.so price's and a nice beach in both anyone knows anything about these places please chip in.

cheers guys

When were you thinking of heading there? Sorry don't know what your other posts said. Just be aware that the monsoon season hits in November and Chumphon is considered in typhoon alley ie, if a typhoon heads south, it generally goes through Chumphon. They don't always get them as they often turn north, but.... Also, be wary of low lying areas in Surat, such as Kanchandit, they flood every year.

When were you thinking of heading there? Sorry don't know what your other posts said. Just be aware that the monsoon season hits in November and Chumphon is considered in typhoon alley ie, if a typhoon heads south, it generally goes through Chumphon. They don't always get them as they often turn north, but.... Also, be wary of low lying areas in Surat, such as Kanchandit, they flood every year.

now that's one thing i didn't think about thanks for that SBK.we would be there between this time though heading to bali 5th dec to 1th dec so its best to get somewhere higher up,does that go for koh samui to.land in samui on the 21st september till 17 march 2012

Edited by doingok

You are going to be one confused person. Just come here, spend the first 2 weeks having a look at all the areas & judge for yourself.

You have 6 months, what is good for one is not necessarily suitable for you.

You are going to be one confused person. Just come here, spend the first 2 weeks having a look at all the areas & judge for yourself.

my head is ready to explored Rooo yes hit samui first then go from there to koh tao do the diving then look for somewhere to stay

my head is ready to explored Rooo yes hit samui first then go from there to koh tao do the diving then look for somewhere to stay

Once you are here on Samui, just talk to a few long term residents of Thailand in general, they will be your best source of information.

Not a bad idea, to spend a bit of time around Khanom & Sichon area, but not much there to do for 6 months. You can then just start heading back up the coast , enjoy & discover the different areas, which are numerous. National parks along the coast etc...

Really tying yourself down for 6 months in one area on your first visit, is not the recommended path.

Good luck.

Once you are here on Samui, just talk to a few long term residents of Thailand in general, they will be your best source of information.

Not a bad idea, to spend a bit of time around Khanom & Sichon area, but not much there to do for 6 months. You can then just start heading back up the coast , enjoy & discover the different areas, which are numerous. National parks along the coast etc...

Really tying yourself down for 6 months in one area on your first visit, is not the recommended path.

Good luck.

cheers Roo

• 4 weeks later...

Khanom is lovely place.

Good connections to samui, phangan, koh tao, surat and nakhon.

Prices really cheap and nice beaches.

Pink dolphins are awesome in here. Can find only Khanom and Sichon areas.

Worth to see and maybe stay for a while.

I love to give more information if u want.

I have been here 3 years

( before that 5 years in Samui )

Miki :jap: