More Car Racing ?

dave2

i was wandering up suthep road this morning and saw this new poster / sign and this afternoon i saw this truck across the moat advertising it

can anyone who reads thai tell us more about it ?

are we in for another free racing event

dave2

ps ... i can see 20 .. 21 and the 700 which i assume means the 700 year stadium but are there any more details

post-42592-0-39774100-1313591354_thumb.j

post-42592-0-93938300-1313591411_thumb.j

post-42592-0-17974900-1313591431_thumb.j

post-42592-0-85429300-1313591463_thumb.j

post-42592-0-56391200-1313591488_thumb.j

It may be better to go on Sunday rather than Saturday as Chiang Mai FC play against Buriram on Saturday and they are expecting big crowds, last season for the same game there were 25,000 fans. So it may make it very busy on Saturday and also a nightmare for getting in and out of the stadium.

It may be better to go on Sunday rather than Saturday as Chiang Mai FC play against Buriram on Saturday and they are expecting big crowds, last season for the same game there were 25,000 fans. So it may make it very busy on Saturday and also a nightmare for getting in and out of the stadium.

Where are the football supporters going to park? The race meeting takes the entire car park and more.

Hard to believe they planned two events for the same day.

Not to mention a safety concern? What is your take on that?

I'm not 100% sure but is the Buriram team owned/supported by the Bhum Jai Thai / Newin clique? Those people aren't very popular in these environs due to past actions, to put it mildly.

I'm not 100% sure but is the Buriram team owned/supported by the Bhum Jai Thai / Newin clique? Those people aren't very popular in these environs due to past actions, to put it mildly.

you are right he does own them and there was alot of extra security last time due to this. I think it's crazy that both events are scheduled for this weekend, luckily Chiang Rai Utd are away otherwise there would have been a game on both days. In answer to Greenside I have no idea where they are going to park, they usually park at the top end of the car park near the club shop and the main entrance to the stadium, but as you say last years race track went all way round that. They have changed the kick off time from 6pm until 7pm so this may have something to do with giving them time to organise things around. But there are also rumours of Yingluck attending the game which will make even more mayhem. Thailand planning at its best.

you are right he does own them and there was alot of extra security last time due to this. I think it's crazy that both events are scheduled for this weekend, luckily Chiang Rai Utd are away otherwise there would have been a game on both days. In answer to Greenside I have no idea where they are going to park, they usually park at the top end of the car park near the club shop and the main entrance to the stadium, but as you say last years race track went all way round that. They have changed the kick off time from 6pm until 7pm so this may have something to do with giving them time to organise things around. But there are also rumours of Yingluck attending the game which will make even more mayhem. Thailand planning at its best.

Hardly an appropriate place for motor racing!

Hardly an appropriate place for motor racing!

Perfect for motor racing (when there is no other place to race in CM), quite a good circuit....the track comes out onto the highway as well. They also have drag races there every 2nd Sunday of the month, but this event is quite a well organised large sponsored event.

I can't see how the footy can be on at the same time, are CM definitely playing at the 700 year stadium or are they playing at that other stadium in town? Seen them play there before.

Yesterday, I was riding in a song thaew and saw a procession of the Toyota race cars going slowly around the inner moat road, followed by a couple of loudspeaker trucks. Good to know what all the fuss is about. The vehicles looked really cool, each decked out with the same type of red and blue decal job as the Hilux in Greenside's photo. The pack of slow-moving race cars was lead by the Prius. Not the first car that comes to mind for me when I think about race cars!

They are definitely at the 700 years stadium, tessabaan municiple stadium in town only holds 3000 people and they haven't used it for a competitive game since they went up, even on a bad day now they get around 7000 supporters and tomorrow against the top of the league there are a lot more than that expected.

Edited by thaimiller