Thai Students Found 'Addicted' To Football Gambling

webfact

18 students is not a significantly statistical sampling population.

Really!!!! That fact of yours amazes me :lol:. What such insight you have. I admire your commanding thoughts on the subject - I will go away now and think about your observations in total quiet whilst performing yoga in the forest as a ruesi in my sala!!!

I am confused, why are you having a go at the bloke for the above comment?

Surely he said nothing wrong... it is an absurd sampling population, he is perfectly right.

You seem pretty bitter, don't you?

It's only a bit of fun really!!! He has replied to it and I can see that he has taken it in good heart - unlike you!!! I was just jesting at it being rather obvious, that's all my friend!!:jap: I am certainly not bitter, but having guzzled bia Singha for 3 years I wouldn't mind a nice pint of bitter (especially real ale)!!:D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 interviews in 2 months, hardly creditable.

Seems like the person doing the research had great difficulty finding interviewees who would answer the questions as they wanted, wonder how many were rejected.

University Academic?

Will have a great future in politics whistling.gif

Maybe he was too busy with other things.....like gambling :)

Wow what an intensive study, they chose 18 students and found large percentages! What kind of rubbish is this, I could find 30 students that all provide me with sex and for free (actually that sounds like a good study) does that mean that 100% of thai students are easy and loose.

I wish.

Here here

Where, where?

Hope they don't follow Lawros tips, they would get deeper into Debt and doing more sexual favours.

:D

and another thing, isn't performing sexual favours for money just a euphemism for prostitution? Why doesnt the report just say girls are resorting to prostitution, I guess that will reflect badly :whistling:

of course it would reflect badly on Thailand, there is no prostitution in Thailand. :rolleyes:

Why dont they make gambling illegal?

:rolleyes:

Gambling IS illegal, as is Prostitution (in case you didnt know) and good few other things, but since when do they worry about a few little laws when it concerns income for someone...

Sarcasm SP sarcasim.

IS football that bigger there??? Remember i'm from the USA... where everyone loves football, but never heard of "real" bets that ever end up in huge debts, debts to even get sex. But dont tel that to the americans, its a matter of time they get women into football (most aren't) and they bet the money they dont own (or their husbands if they married) and owe someone sex lol...

and why sex? these guys are retarded. You should better educate them. Money > sex. but oh well... you can take the sex, gimme the money. I'd sue one of these females forget sex. sex dont pay bills or buy me things, just come with headache and females keep calling for more.

I just asked Visa and Mastercard to spend the night with me to pay off my debts, no joy :annoyed:

it is this comment however

"It is the speculation by newspaper columnists that influences students' gambling habits,"

that pretty much sums up the intelligence levels here, this is from a professor, does he not think that people can speculate themselves, do people need a journalist to tell them who they think will win a game, can't these people decide for themselves?? I blame mark lawrenson if this is true.

The problem is many Thais don't have a clue who any of the teams outside the big four are.

"We beat ........ erm...... " The wifes avid Liverpool fan friend told me before asking his mate who they were, who then got Hull and Wolves mixed up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::redcard1:

This is no surprise to me even if the "findings" and "conjectures" are B.S.

Females in all countries in all walks of life pay many things through sex.

They have for centuries.

Just think of wives to start with...........

I give you my daughter, you give me 3 cows........:wai:

What a ridiculous article. A nothing story, with nothing stats, about a very important issue. As with all relatively poor societies, gambling does enormous damage.

Can they ban village card games? Thankfully my missus doesn't like it (her father is rabidly anti gambling) but it's up there with the number one complaint I hear from farangs married to Thais. My sister in law wound up with nothing after her drip husband lost everything and ultimately had to run away to hide from his debts. I wonder what the relationship bust up numbers are there?

I know, education, not legislation, is the answer.

Amateurish treatment of the topic however by fluff articles like this certainly don't help.

Edited by sfbandung

I just asked Visa and Mastercard to spend the night with me to pay off my debts, no joy :annoyed:

"It is the speculation by newspaper columnists that influences students' gambling habits,"

that pretty much sums up the intelligence levels here, this is from a professor, does he not think that people can speculate themselves, do people need a journalist to tell them who they think will win a game, can't these people decide for themselves?? I blame mark lawrenson if this is true.

The problem is many Thais don't have a clue who any of the teams outside the big four are.

"We beat ........ erm...... " The wifes avid Liverpool fan friend told me before asking his mate who they were, who then got Hull and Wolves mixed up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::redcard1:

Liverpool what is a liverpool? The top 4 teams at the moment, this year are Collingwood, geelong, Hawthorn and Carlton the Saints had a slow start but are back for the finals. Oh Liverpool just googled it they are one of those soccer thingies they play in England.

18 students is not a significantly statistical sampling population.

Really!!!! That fact of yours amazes me :lol:. What such insight you have. I admire your commanding thoughts on the subject - I will go away now and think about your observations in total quiet whilst performing yoga in the forest as a ruesi in my sala!!!

I think he made the post to try and sound intellectual, a quick look on Wiki and pulled out a buzz phrase....;)

I actually pulled that fact out of my brain all the way back from high school & my AP Statistics course.

Liverpool what is a liverpool? The top 4 teams at the moment, this year are Collingwood, geelong, Hawthorn and Carlton the Saints had a slow start but are back for the finals. Oh Liverpool just googled it they are one of those soccer thingies they play in England.

Soccer ? :redcard1:

Another article describing the symptoms and not the cause.

Who brings 'em into the world?

Who rears 'em and indoctrinates 'em?

Who's responsible for 'em?

And so on...

This is a generational curse we have here. It'll never end. There's too much group think and peer pressure to behave the way we Westerners and Europeans think.

And, after all, it's not as if there's anything else to do if you clean up these problems; is there?

Kids only do what they do. They anger people, but they will not modify unless there's something in it for them.

So, let's imagine for a moment that we clean up all these problems. My question is this;

"Right now; this very instance, what is it that Thailand has to offer to the youth of this country that would make it more fun and interesting to "behave" and "adapt" to the social norm? What does it have to offer?

Clearly, the kids don't think much of what is on the table; do they?

I honestly cannot say that I blame them for their behavior. I don't like it and I won't tolerate it if it gets in my face; but I certainly cannot blame them because there is nothing else of worth and value for them to switch over to. Kids act bad, but they ain't stupid!