Postal Facility At Heathrow ?

Chivas

There is a stamp machine and post box in the terminal BEFORE you go through security. In Terminal 3 it is between the naff London souvenir shop and Tie Rack ... if I remember correctly).

After immigration there is no postal service that I know of.

Can't place it ?? Are we on the Departures side of building upstairs, just prior to going through to main waiting area ??

There is a stamp machine and post box in the terminal BEFORE you go through security. In Terminal 3 it is between the naff London souvenir shop and Tie Rack ... if I remember correctly).

After immigration there is no postal service that I know of.

Can't place it ?? Are we on the Departures side of building upstairs, just prior to going through to main waiting area ??

Upstairs, facing the entrance to security check area. On the level above the check-in counters ... up the escalator.

There is a Post Office is on the first floor of the Terminal 3 departures building, in the public area before security (it's near the security control entrance).If you need to send a letter or postcard from Heathrow, you'll find post boxes and coin-operated stamp machines in each terminal, usually in both departures (after security) and arrivals.

If you need to send a letter or postcard from Heathrow, you'll find post boxes and coin-operated stamp machines in each terminal, usually in both departures (after security) and arrivals. You can also buy stamps at branches of WHSmith in the terminals.

http://www.heathrowa...xes&search=true

Edited by theoldgit

Last year, I had an already-stamped mail item to post and was assured there was a mail box after in the duty-free section after LHR Terminal 3 security.

This was indeed true, but ....

The item for posting was an A4 wall calendar, and the mail box had a small 'village post office' type slot. Absolutely no possibility of getting it inside. I approached security and sundry airline officials ... totally in vain. Nobody was prepared to help, and I was recited a dozen security reasons why. I offered to open it to show the paranoid security chaps the innocent contents, and ask someone to post it outside the airport..... NO WAY

I then suggested I just tape it to the mail box to await collection. TABOO! they advised - it would be removed, and treated as a potential bomb.

Things looked completely hopeless until a young girl from a nearby perfume counter asked what the problem was (I was becoming a bit of a red-faced celebrity with my protests)

"Oh, don't worry I'll post it for you after work, no problem" she said with a willing smile. "And if you like, I'll text you to confirm it"

Sure enough, her confirmation message was on my phone when I landed in BKK. I replied asking if I could send her a little gift from Thailand. She declined, saying she was "very happy to help" Needless to say, the mail arrived safely thanks to her spontaneously kind gesture .... which I still recall today with gratitude.

Beware therefore, of posting a large item in the Duty Free shop mailbox in LHR T3, but if you do get stuck as I did - forget the security bods, just look out for a pretty girl at the perfume counter.

It might be her...........