Japanese Man Finds Thai Wife After More Than 20 Years

webfact

Japanese Man Finds Thai Wife After More Than 20 Years

A Japanese man met his Thai wife after being apart from her for over 20 years.

Sixty-six-year-old Sukaya Kazuzuka has successfully found his Thai wife, 48- year-old Lamai Chamroenchai, with the help of Khon Khaen tourist police after being separated from his beloved family for 20 years.

Lamai said mournfully that Japanese immigration authorities did not extend her expire visa.

Consequently, she took her 2 year-old son, Kiiji back to Thailand.

She said she could not contact her Japanese husband over the years.

Currently, Lamai is staying with her ex-husband in Nonngsonghong District of Khon Khaen Province.

Lamai said that she will take her husband to see his son in Chonburi Province.

Sukaya affirms that he would like to take his family back to Japan.

However, he will let his wife make the final decision.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-08-18

footer_n.gif

seems great effort by both were put into this relationship NOT...He never supported his son in Thailand and she never asked for cash? sounds like a total BS story to me.

Edited by supaprik

Maybe it is simply a heartwarming tale of true love that withstood the test of time; about a couple who overcame great odds to be reunited. And they triumphed over Japanese bureaucracy, Thai immigration, prejudices about Thai women, stereotypes about Japanese men and the jaded opinions of thaivisa members. :rolleyes:

Maybe it is simply a heartwarming tale of true love that withstood the test of time; about a couple who overcame great odds to be reunited. And they triumphed over Japanese bureaucracy, Thai immigration, prejudices about Thai women, stereotypes about Japanese men and the jaded opinions of thaivisa members. :rolleyes:

Had to laugh at at your last 5 words. 555 555 555

She didn't seem to care enough to try to contact him...

He was probably in a better [financially] position to follow her back to Thailand back some 20 years ago when they had the visa snafu in Japan....nothing is mentioned of this effort. [???]

Odd. Stories as these leave one empty, as they tend to be very sketchy and full of holes leaving the reader clueless.

I need a tissuecrying.gif

My mother moved from the UK to Germany with my grandmother, when my mum was still a child. My Grandfather had remarried in the UK, but his new wife knew my grandmother and my mother, before they moved to Germany. They lost touch because both relocated a few times within the respectiv countries, and because my Grandmother remarried and changed her family name. After my Grandmother had died, my mum wanted to find her real dad, and finally she got the good news from the salvation army - they had found her dad, just to then add the bad news - he is married and the law forbids them to hand out the contact details, because it may cause a family problem if the new wife/family didn't know about my mum. When the laws were finally changed, it was too late, as my grandfather had also passed away, so again the good news ended up just making my mum away that she is now an orphan. However, she was invited to meet her step mother and all her half brothers and sisters. I joined, at it was amazing to see them together, they really looked 100% like brothers and sisters.

Anyways, long story short, no matter what the circumstances, there is hardly anything I can imagine what would bring more joy to ones heart, as being reunited with your family or loved ones... no need to look for a negative side of the story here, just enjoy some good news for once...

That quote could be turned in to a dam good movie,,whistling.gif

That quote could be turned in to a dam good movie,,whistling.gif

...as it's readily reflective of a forum.:jap:

My mother moved from the UK to Germany with my grandmother, when my mum was still a child. My Grandfather had remarried in the UK, but his new wife knew my grandmother and my mother, before they moved to Germany. They lost touch because both relocated a few times within the respectiv countries, and because my Grandmother remarried and changed her family name. After my Grandmother had died, my mum wanted to find her real dad, and finally she got the good news from the salvation army - they had found her dad, just to then add the bad news - he is married and the law forbids them to hand out the contact details, because it may cause a family problem if the new wife/family didn't know about my mum. When the laws were finally changed, it was too late, as my grandfather had also passed away, so again the good news ended up just making my mum away that she is now an orphan. However, she was invited to meet her step mother and all her half brothers and sisters. I joined, at it was amazing to see them together, they really looked 100% like brothers and sisters.

Anyways, long story short, no matter what the circumstances, there is hardly anything I can imagine what would bring more joy to ones heart, as being reunited with your family or loved ones... no need to look for a negative side of the story here, just enjoy some good news for once...

While yours is a heartwarming story and understandable how they lost touch with each other I'm wondering how you lose touch with your wife and child because of a visa problem. One or both of them couldn't have done much to stay in contact with the other one.

Just another falang coming to thailand after retirement with his money waiting to be fleeced.

20 years ago there was no phone service in Japan.........we all know that..........and no such thing as a snail mail letter.laugh.gif

What a load of BS.

So she, at the time, could not have her visa extended for whatever reason. Would not a child have been a reason? But what stopped the Japanese husband from coming to her i Thailand? When she returned home, he would not know where she lived with his son? Things don't add up in this story.