When A Cheap Flight Expemsive?

I recently took a (cheap) flight from UK to Crete, originally the cost was ok, then all the extas started, here's a list

hold luggage 28 pounds per bag x 2 = 56 each way = 112

pre book seat or chance sitting seperate 15 x 2 = 30 each way = 60

bad draft coming down my neck ask for blanket, none free, buy 5

head phones for entertainment 2,50 x 2 = 5

lunch 7,50 x 2 = 15 each way =30

cuppa tea 2,20 x 2 each way 8,80

no free water to take tablets so 1,60 each way = 3,20

pack of nuts for wifey 1,50

coca cola 1,60

2 beers for self 3,70 each = 7,40 each way 14,80

total for having the pleasure of sitting in a seat that made our boutique airline seat look cavernous 241.90 thats pounds sterling

cheap flight my arse Mr Thompsom

Edited by starcandle

Is Crete in Thailand. :crazy:

No and neither is the UK, I guess geography aint your subject,

i can see the point you make but alot of the costs you ' chose ' to take, and most people wouldnt need on a 1 hour flight

correct, but UK to Crete was 3 hours, BKK air give all the extras apart from head phones free.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeerm, forgive me but your original post was in the Islands forum and wondered if there was one called Crete :lol: as this is a Thai related forum.

Anyway, l would suggest you do some Net homework before you book another flight. But be happy that your cheapy flight didn't issue goggles or helmet to be worn or seated on the wings eh. :)

i can see the point you make but alot of the costs you ' chose ' to take, and most people wouldnt need on a 1 hour flight

correct, but UK to Crete was 3 hours, BKK air give all the extras apart from head phones free.

yes, but also the UK has the highest Airport fuel Taxes, plus there staff are paid 10 times more then BKK, the genral overheads are far more

Better to compare with say Nok Air,

eeeeeeeeeeeeeerm, forgive me but your original post was in the Islands forum and wondered if there was one called Crete :lol: as this is a Thai related forum.

Anyway, l would suggest you do some Net homework before you book another flight. But be happy that your cheapy flight didn't issue goggles or helmet to be worn or seated on the wings eh. :)

point taken, I live here on Samui and place my posts here most of the time, the post was meant as a pointer for anyone fortunate enough to get a bit of travel in.

the baggage and seat charge was obvious prior to my flight but none of the others was, they would not give me a glass of water and insisted I pay for water to take a tablet.

point taken, I live here on Samui and place my posts here most of the time, the post was meant as a pointer for anyone fortunate enough to get a bit of travel in.

the baggage and seat charge was obvious prior to my flight but none of the others was, they would not give me a glass of water and insisted I pay for water to take a tablet.

OK, joking aside, yes, your carrier were/are taking the piss.:wai:

always make sure what the full price is before you pay then shop around and Thomson;s are not the cheapest.

i travel a lot well i try to, buy every thing in the airport once you are though security and never on the plane mate and its only 3hours flight to crete so instead of just waiting it cost you £64.90 for 3 hours each way = £10.81 a hour

and yes i agree total rip off .just take a cup and a tea bag with you and ask for some hot water and if they say no buy some water and ask them to heat it up as they do for baby food and watch they faces but 9 time out of 10 they just fill your cup up and give you a little carton of milk,and yes i have done this and it was funny mind you the missis was not seeing the funny side at all put everyone else wished they had do it lol free tea and coffee to turkey( 4+ hours flight ) saved us £18 ish £3 for coffee

a lessened learned ?

Edited by doingok